• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1,200 foot ace run

remibarron

Bogey Member
I was playing solitude in Utah a few days ago. We were
Throwing a bunch of discs off hole 18. It's a huge downhill shot. It's listed as about 1,200 feet. I was looking for a disc I wouldn't have minded losing. I got out my pro katana and chucked it. It started coming back about two thirds the way down the fairway and flew within about four feet of the basket. Would this have been the world record longest ace?

It's funny because my friends and I had just been talking about how if someone aced that hole, nobody would believe you unless it was on film or you had a bunch of witnesses.

Well in other news I went ten over par on the day. Woo

View from the top:
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums...ent=282749_10150908414688016_1464188435_n.jpg

My disc:
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums...rrent=486404_10150908416148016_49006820_n.jpg

p sure he meant the disc flew about 4 feet from the basket THEN landed. Maybe it skipped further away.

I dont believe you threw that shot unless you have film or a bunch of witnesses. :D

Just read about the ski-slope courses (I take it this is one of those) , sure they can be awful to play on a windy day, sailing 200 ft past the basket. :p

The bigger question is "Did you get a 2 or doink it for a 3"? =-)

I was playing solitude in Utah a few days ago. We were
Throwing a bunch of discs off hole 18. It's a huge downhill shot.
It's listed as about 1,200 feet. I was looking for a disc I wouldn't have minded losing. I got out my pro katana and chucked it. It started coming back about two thirds the way down the fairway and flew within about four feet of the basket. Would this have been the world record longest ace?

It's funny because my friends and I had just been talking about how if someone aced that hole, nobody would believe you unless it was on film or you had a bunch of witnesses.

It would have been the world's longest "Cubby" Ace.

Last edited:
It went from tee to basket, IDC if it was first shot or not it's still an ace.

did somebody say Ace?

17328_kiss_ace_frehley_1.jpg

It would have been the world's longest "Cubby" Ace.

and way cooler than any of cubby's sorry aces...multiple throws or no that's still pretty cool.

It went from tee to basket, IDC if it was first shot or not it's still an ace.

so if i threw a cubby ace while we were playing a round and i called metal mania would you pay up? :popcorn:

and way cooler than any of cubby's sorry aces...multiple throws or no that's still pretty cool.

so if i threw a cubby ace while we were playing a round and i called metal mania would you pay up? :popcorn:

Sure, then I'd toss a few trying to get my money.

Latest posts