• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1000 Reviews!

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
The site just broke 1000 reviews today!

Thanks to everyone for contributing your thoughts, pictures, files, links, and making the site a success.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've found the information to be invaluable while planning my latest road trip.

Thanks again everyone! :D

Indeed! Looks like a lot of new members joined recently, too. It 's kind of ironic that the site seems to be taking off right now, even as many of the courses are covered in snow. Looks like the best is yet to come.

The influx of new members may have had something to do with the recent PDGA newsletter :)

The influx of new members may have had something to do with the recent PDGA newsletter :)

I didn't renew this year, so I no longer get the newsletter. What did it say? Did it say anything about the PDGA Course Evaluation program?

the newsletter had an ad at the bottom:

"Disc Golf Course Review is the fun, easy way to...

Find, View and Review disc golf courses!

Track courses you've played and want to play!

Track round scores and details!

Share and promote upcoming events!

With thousands of course pictures, player reviews, and extensive course information it has never been easier finding a great place to play a round!"

Another milestone hit tonight.. 1000 members! :D

Congratulations!

Tim, How about a stat update? # Courses, members, & reviews?

Courses: 2644
Members: Check the bottom of the forums page :)
Reviews: Just under 1800

Averaging 12+ reviews a day over the past two months seem like a pretty good pace. :)

We have over 2100 reviews now. I missed the magic 2000 number.. must have happened some time last week. There are also almost 1800 rounds recorded and 3200+ discs being tracked.

I need to put together some sort of stats page at some point now that the stats are respectable :)

Stat update for those interested.

Courses: 2,734
Reviews: 2,985
Photos: 10,215
Rounds: 3,226
Discs: 5,329

Nope, still 13 to go. The id # doesn't reflect the actual number of reviews since when I delete a review if someone messed up, etc. the id's don't go down.

Nope, still 13 to go. The id # doesn't reflect the actual number of reviews since when I delete a review if someone messed up, etc. the id's don't go down.

It is really great that this site is taking off the way it is. It deserves the success that it is getting. Great job timg! And way to go everyone for your contributions! :D

Stat update for those interested.

Courses: 2,734
Reviews: 2,985
Photos: 10,215
Rounds: 3,226
Discs: 5,329

How interesting is it that we have more courses than the PDGA listing of 2669?

DGCR does have a bunch of courses that aren't in the PDGA directory and there's also the fact that I split up a lot of parks with multiple courses (ie. Codorus) where the PDGA will keep it listed as one course.

DGCR does have a bunch of courses that aren't in the PDGA directory and there's also the fact that I split up a lot of parks with multiple courses (ie. Codorus) where the PDGA will keep it listed as one course.

Well, I do think the way you are doing it makes more sense and gives better information to the player. Thanks.

Latest posts