• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1025 Putting Game - my first experience and accountability thread

Why wouldn't you develop an Android app for the game?
Only really because I've been a long time Apple user, so I've never taken an interest in developing for Android.

I don't think it would be successful as a paid app on either platform, so there hasn't been a whole lot of incentive to go beyond what I find useful myself.

Or could you make a mobile version of the web app?
I may cave to demand and do that. If so, I'll PM you when I'm looking for a tester.

Sounds good! Hopefully Sandy will be out of here soon so I can get and try this 1025 game soon.:thmbup:

Grow a pair and do it in the wind....you'd have the guaranteed top score with winds over 80mph :)

I'll take a moment to brag. I've been playing this game fairly consistently throughout the months (not solely this game but in my putting practice repertoire) - I resisted the temptation to post about the nearly perfect rounds I've had (1 putt away at 35'), but I couldn't hold back telling somebody about today (yeah, Forest seems somewhat impressed when I tell him, and the gf will give me her personal congratulations, but only the dg nerds of the internet have true empathy for the guy slaving hours in front of the basket because he loves it so much).

I modify the rules a bit, I've been playing predominantly indoors (in my sick indoor putting facility, plenty of room for obstacles like old christmas trees, stacks of chairs, high powered fans, hoola hoop mandos, etc). I marked off ranges instead of specific points to putt from (~13-17,18-22,33-27', etc). For example, when it comes to my 30' putts, I will spread the putters out randomly in the 28-32' range, each putt will have a unique view of the basket that may or may not include various obstacles. I also may mix it up, so that I'm not putting every putt from the same zone, during a particular series of 6, though I will always make sure to putt from every zone 6 times to get a total score.

Today when it came to that final putt, a fairly tight gap at 35' between a stack of chairs and a christmas tree, I was feeling more pressure than most tournament situations produce. Adrenaline pumping - dead center, slightly low to bring home a perfect score of 1025. Thank you.

@Martin Dewgarita Your Christmas tree is still up? lol j/k Props on the perfect score...............jb

my putting in my apartment is 5 ft-30ft straight down my hallway. its only about 4 ft wide and 7 or 8 feet height. so for distance its basically 5ft shorter than the requirements. i was one putt away from a perfect game. however. putting inside and outside are two completely different animals. give me some tough terrain and the wind blowing a bit and my putting goes to hell. i have been doing better though outside. waiting for the snow to clear so i can start quality practice. right now its just going through the motions

First and Last worth 5 the first 4 rounds and worth 10 the last 2 rounds -- makes my face twitch. Where is the consistency, logic, symmetry?

Anybody still using this? I just updated my phone software and it reloaded apps I had previously removed, this one being one of them. I got home from work at a decent time and everyone was in a good mood so I snuck out for a quick round. 610. Not my worst, not my best. I made more 35'ers than I did 30 and had a bad spit at 20. Other misses were me rushing my routine trying to beat the rain.

Last edited:

Latest posts