• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

11th HOMIE T oct 6 sat and oct 7 sun !

airspuds

Bogey Member
Eleven years ago on September 19, 2001, Matt Lovasko was tragically killed in an accidental fire in his Munster, IN apartment. At the time, Matt was the top rated amateur disc golf player in North America. Because of Matt's love for the sport, his mother (Charlene Lovasko-Donovan) and step-father (James Donovan) decided that the best way to celebrate Matt's life would be to organize an annual memorial disc golf tournament. At Lemon Lake, we called Matt "HOMIE".

Since the first tournament in 2002, the Matt Lovasko Memorial Disc Golf Tournament also known as "The HOMIE Fall Celebration" has been held at Lemon Lake County Park in Crown Point, IN. This year's event will be held on Saturday, October 6th for all Juniors, Recreational and Intermediate players and Sunday, October 7th for all Advanced and Pros beginning at 9:00AM. Information on the Tournament can be obtained by contacting Jay Svitko at 219-771-3472 or Brian Cummings at 219-712-6210. As many as 300 players are expected to participate in this year's event which will feature lots of great food, prizes and fond remembrances of Matt Lovasko. We hope you'll join us this year.

----

CALL JAY and PRE REG !!!!!

NOW, do it NOW !

Attachments

• Homie Flyer !.jpg
    Homie Flyer !.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 30
I'm going, never played these courses. But it'd be nice to know what courses are being played so i can at least get a layout idea by printing off the course maps at least.

i heard if your playing on sat your playing red/blue and i think sunday is blue/silver(3 holes will be gold)..it might be red first rd on sunday but i think brian cummings said blue first rd

It's listed now at http://redrocdiscgolf.com/

Saturday, October 6th for all Intermediate & Recreational Players

- Playing RED & BLUE courses

Sunday, October 7th for all Pro & Advanced Players

- Playing BLUE & SILVER (with 3 GOLD Hole's - 5, 14, & 18)

2 Rounds of 18 holes

I wish they'd run Novice!

Guys this is a great tourney, it was my favorite when i lived there. Plus, the courses at lemon are sick!

very bummed I can't make it now. Already registered and everything.

woohoo imma be playing on satuday in INT!!! Imma have an orange and black revo dual pack and a hat and sunglasses on =DD

AFAIK, anyone can play in a division above their rating. However, I'm not sure about someone playing down.

Here is an explanation from another forum in regards to the same issue....
XXX XXXX is rated 901 but it just went up so if he was preregistered before it went up then he should be ok.

Why are there people in REC with ratings over 900?

There's a plausible explanation, but it did sort of make me cringe as a Novice player. Looking uphill at an ~85 point gulf (8.5 strokes in 18?) to the top of the Rec division. And then looking at the slim ~35 point spread across Int.

Needless to say, I'm not planning to finish in the plastic.

Should be fun, anyhow!

I've played Red before (and White), but not Blue.

You never know what will happen on the day of the tourney. Just don't try to do anything you normally wouldn't and you may just find your way into the joys of winning plastic this weekend! :hfive:

Blue can be tricky if u get some wind but its a great course

I'd forgotten there was a lake over there - as I mentioned, I've not played blue.

Is there much risk of losing a disc?