• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

14th Annual Texas Teams Championships

Ya I will never be back, this was my first Teams and will most certainly be my last..The only good part of my weekend was watching people fall in the mud all over the place and hugging all you Disc Golf Freaks at El Chico haha.

I had a blast this weekend, Texas Twist needs some love for sure though

That is for sure.. Both Trey courses needed some more work. It wasn't the courses that made this experience HORRIBLE, it was how the tournament was ran.

First Texas Teams and will definitely be my last as well... I will also be strongly urging anyone I know that's considering going to save the money.

I am pretty damn pissed. $511 for my team, this is NOT including the cost of 3 hotel rooms. And all we each came back with is a sweatshirt, Innova mini, a supercolor Astra, and TONS of frustration.

The way the tourney was ran was just downright atrocious. 7a players meeting on Saturday and we don't get started until almost 9a! Once we were released from the 1+ hour long player's meeting everyone got the privilege of wandering aimlessly out in muddy fields trying to find their hole assignments. Lemme tell ya, that was a blast!

From what I understand, wasn't the top 2 teams from each pool supposed to be entered in to a Sweet 16 bracket and the losing teams were to play really early Sunday morning for a final spot in that bracket? But, then I saw some jumbled crap late Saturday night on Facebook about some doubles format and to show up at 7a? Then that somehow got changed to my team (which finished 2nd in our pool) playing match play against an 0-3 team early in the morning. After we won our match, we then get taken to hole 1 along with 10 other teams to play group alternating shot for ONE spot in the elite 8. And just like that, our Texas Teams ended along with 8-9 other teams on the FIRST hole.

Great times!

First Texas Teams and will definitely be my last as well... I will also be strongly urging anyone I know that's considering going to save the money.

I am pretty damn pissed. $511 for my team, this is NOT including the cost of 3 hotel rooms. And all we each came back with is a sweatshirt, Innova mini, a supercolor Astra, and TONS of frustration.

The way the tourney was ran was just downright atrocious. 7a players meeting on Saturday and we don't get started until almost 9a! Once we were released from the 1+ hour long player's meeting everyone got the privilege of wandering aimlessly out in muddy fields trying to find their hole assignments. Lemme tell ya, that was a blast!

From what I understand, wasn't the top 2 teams from each pool supposed to be entered in to a Sweet 16 bracket and the losing teams were to play really early Sunday morning for a final spot in that bracket? But, then I saw some jumbled crap late Saturday night on Facebook about some doubles format and to show up at 7a? Then that somehow got changed to my team (which finished 2nd in our pool) playing match play against an 0-3 team early in the morning. After we won our match, we then get taken to hole 1 along with 10 other teams to play group alternating shot for ONE spot in the elite 8. And just like that, our Texas Teams ended along with 8-9 other teams on the FIRST hole.

Great times!

This, along with my other previous rant brings up more horrible issues with this tourney. I also heard verbatim "if you win your first match you don't play early on sunday". which brings me to my point that merged and established teams REALLY should have been separated entirely. 2 different players meetings and all. I heard so much crap in that players meeting that had nothing to do with what I was playing and Vice Versa. The top 2 teams of each pool should have moved on and thats it. no play off for spots, no alternating. no 3 on 3 best shot. no nothing.

This, along with my other previous rant brings up more horrible issues with this tourney. I also heard verbatim "if you win your first match you don't play early on sunday". which brings me to my point that merged and established teams REALLY should have been separated entirely. 2 different players meetings and all. I heard so much crap in that players meeting that had nothing to do with what I was playing and Vice Versa. The top 2 teams of each pool should have moved on and thats it. no play off for spots, no alternating. no 3 on 3 best shot. no nothing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Sounds about right for a Houck tournament. Want to make money off of disc golf? Ask Houck, he knows. Charge $100+ per person and give them all a $12 sweatshirt. But, I'm sure everyone was there just for the "experience".

To be honest that IS what I went for, but the "experience" was terrible. I would have rather cleaned pond scum out of a dirty hookers butthole than play in that "tournament". Other than the "tournament" I had a great time.

To be honest that IS what I went for, but the "experience" was terrible. I would have rather cleaned pond scum out of a dirty hookers butthole than play in that "tournament". Other than the "tournament" I had a great time.

:clap:

Yeah well and now the Texas Teams Facebook page is making posts about how it was a success...

What a joke. Never in my time playing disc golf have I felt more scammed.

The sweatshirts are even a joke, nothing on the front and some lame logo on the back

Ya they are kind of a joke. Super thin material and the logo isn't that well done either. Kind of feel like I got ripped off for the money I paid. I will probably never play another Houck tournament as long as the tournaments are going to keep getting run like this.

Latest posts