• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 150 champ/star roadrunner exists?

jenb

* Ace Member *
So the lowest weight roadrunner I can find to order in champ or star is 160. Is there a place to get lower weight roadrunners?

What will be less stable: 150 champ sidewinder; 150 star sidewinder; 160 champ roadrunner; or 160 star roadrunner?

Does lower weight just make a disc less stable for high speed turn, or does it affect low speed turn as well? If so, how? Which of those 4 discs will have the least low speed turn (i.e., least fade?)

According to Innova's website, they do not manufacture a 150 class Roadrunner.

I'd take the 150 Star Sidewinder as the least stable. The 10g difference probably would outweigh (yeah, catch that pun?!) the mold.

Weight will make a disc act less stable. Given a 150g Eagle and a 175g Eagle and--with the same throw--yes, you will feel a difference. I'm not sure about the low speed/fade part. I would venture a guess that all discs will fade to the left (RHBH) if given enough air to do so. Kinda just the way the whole spinning-discs physics works in my mind. I don't think weight plays a huge role in that.

I saw an X-out Roadrunner that was 155gm (probably why it was an X-out) at PIAS in Carrollton, TX last week. I didn't want it because it would be too understable. I bought a 165gm that is easy to turn over... and it doesn't come back.

I agree the 150 star sidewinder will be least stable. The star plastic, once beat in, seems to be less stable than champ plastic. I have a 162 and 173 star rr and there is a big difference between the two. If you are throwing plastice in the 170-175 range now, I suggest going into the low 160's before you go after a 150 disc. A 10 gram drop is a big change. Also, give your new disc time to break in before you judge it.

http://www.discndatonline.com/ has excellent selection of premium 150 class disc.
The Valkerie and Roadrunner are practically identical twins, try a 150 class Valkerie.

Throwing with a hyzer, my old as hills and beat 154 champ valk fades left very strongly. Such a waste of flight path. It ends up about 20 feet past my 165 DX leopard, when it looks like it could go another 75 feet if it finished straight.

Meanwhile, my 150 DX valk burns right, and goes no farther than my 165 DX leopard (about 275 ft.).

What would you suggest?

Throwing with a hyzer, my old as hills and beat 154 champ valk fades left very strongly. Such a waste of flight path. It ends up about 20 feet past my 165 DX leopard, when it looks like it could go another 75 feet if it finished straight.

Meanwhile, my 150 DX valk burns right, and goes no farther than my 165 DX leopard (about 275 ft.).

What would you suggest?

The star Valk and the champ are two different animals. I found brand new star Valks at 172 to be understable for me. When my noodle armed self released them flat (about 275-300ft) they would turn over and not come back with a long gentle anhyzer.

I suggest you find the lightest star Valk or Roadrunner you can get. In star plastic, both are easy to turn over and, in my case, they don't come back. Get the one with the Swedish guys sig.

Last edited:
^^^ Christian Sandstrom is his name. The star Valks with his name on them are the understable one's that I'm referring to.

What would you suggest?

Try a 160g DX Valk

Sounds like you have pretty similar distance to Ashleigh. She throws 150 valks as her main drivers. She has a newish star for headwinds, hyzers, and flex shots, a seasoned star for straight shots, tighter line shaping and gentle annies, and a beat dx for tailwinds, hyzer flips and big annies.