• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

18 hole course, would you approve this?

You make very excellent points, and this is the reason I am on here discussing this. My goal is to male a safe and enjoyable course for everyone. Please keep in mind this map was made on the first time through, is not set I'm stone. I have read the article and I agree, we don't want another Polliwog Park

edit: Please keep in mind this map was made on the first time through, is not set in* stone

Even if you have visibility of the paths, I think its still risky to be crossing them, far away from the tee. Its one thing to not throw when someone is about to walk 5 ft in front of you, but even if its clear, the spray pattern of where possible shots can land mid fairway, and towards the basket, makes it much riskier, because now a shank can hit a different part of the path. Not all players will be as careful as you. I think holes 10 and 11 still seem risky for that reason

You seem to have some nice patch of woods on the left, why not use more of that, and make fewer, longer holes in the open? use the woods, if they will let you.

Here's a crude idea of how you could maybe reroute some holes if you eliminated 10 and 11, and used more of the woods. Red boxes are possible replacements for 10-11, rest are tweaks of exiting holes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts