• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1999 Rochester Worlds temp course?

discNDav

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
What was the temp course name used back in the 1999 Worlds near Rochester? I played it the week after. Does it still exist?

The courses used in 1999 were Ellison, Chili, Genesee Valley Park, and Black Creek. Genesee Valley appears in the DGCR database as a temp course. Black Creek doesn't show up at all (unless it's under a different name now).

Genesee Valley is the one near the river. It's gone. But they sometimes set it up for big tournaments I think.

Genesee must be the one I played, thought it started with a G. I remember shooting over/around water and the yellow DisCatcher baskets as the targets. Yet the pictures don't look familiar.

Last edited:
Maybe a different layout? I think GV was the first permanent course in Rochester before it was pulled.

Rochester will be using GVP in the RFDO this year Second week in September --- The course will only be up Friday-Sunday.

I am out of town that week and will miss it

What was the temp course name used back in the 1999 Worlds near Rochester? I played it the week after. Does it still exist?

Genesee Valley. They are bringing it back for the RFDO for one weekend this September.

btw, I was at the World's that year, but don't consider myself an old timer, yet, lol.

I was only in the area once but isn't Ellison the oldest course there?

Ellison is the oldest permanent course, being built in the 80's. Genesee Valley was the original course where they used to play leagues and tournaments with ground baskets if I am not mistaken.

Ellison was redesigned in 1989, but was used in the 1974 Worlds, aka the first Worlds. They used cardboard boxes as targets and gave away a car for 1st place. Ellison is one of the first courses in the world, but rarely gets recognition as such.

I'm guessing you are referring to Genessee Valley Park, as it was also used in the 2011 AmWorlds.

Man I miss the Rochester courses. One of the most underrated collections of great golf in the country.

yeah, very good location for DG. They seem to add new courses every year.

Ellison is the oldest permanent course, being built in the 80's. Genesee Valley was the original course where they used to play leagues and tournaments with ground baskets if I am not mistaken.

That's what I was thinking of. The pole type baskets.

Black Creek also had water on it- swampy ponds for the most part. I don't remember the water being in play at Genessee for the most part- it bordered the side of a hole or 2. At Black Creek you had to throw over it a couple times. Black Creek also had a big top of the sledding hill shot and a few holes in what was basically an ungodly thicket.

Genessee was pretty much open park golf with a few holes squeezed in too tight by the road going through it. Someone broke a windshield there during worlds IIRC.

Latest posts