• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2004 Worlds in Des Moines

ryanwilli7

Par Member
Odd question. Anyone have the courses played during 2004 Worlds that match the rounds they were played for the Men's Open? I'm from the area and curious about the scores shot at the courses.

All I know was that Stable Run in Ames was used. I was an ISU student at the time and volunteered to spot and got a chance to meet Barry. Open I'd assume used Ewing, Pickard, and Walnut Ridge as well, don't know if they would've played Grandview, Big Creek, or Waterworks.

Advanced definitely played Ewing, Walnut, Grandview and the temp course on a college campus with lots of water.

Odd question. Anyone have the courses played during 2004 Worlds that match the rounds they were played for the Men's Open? I'm from the area and curious about the scores shot at the courses.

Round Course
1 Stable Run (Mon)
2 Pickard (Mon)
3 Walnut Ridge (Tue)
4 Big Creek (Wed)
5 Stable Run (Wed)
6 Pickard (Thu)
7 Grandview (Fri)
8 Ewing (Fri)
Semi Pickard (Sat)
Finals DMACC (Sat)

Stable Run was called ISU for the tournament.

Those are for the A-Pool, which was the top Pros. Keep in mind when looking at results that some of those players weren't in the A-Pool.

Pools were re-shuffled by score after 3 rounds.

But anyway, looking at the very top finishers should match the list above.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/4024

p.s.

A couple memorable rounds were Barry shooting 41 and 42 at ISU, and Rico shooting 48 at Ewing.

ISU was a cupcake for all the top pros, but nobody else shot better than 44. There are 2 true par 4's on that course, so a 41 was -15....only 3 from perfect.

Rico's score was 4 from perfect*, but he actually birdied 15 of the holes and took bogey on #18.

*There were a couple tweenerish holes (#10 and #14), but not that many got eagles (2's) on them.

Round Course
1 Stable Run (Mon)
2 Pickard (Mon)
3 Walnut Ridge (Tue)
4 Big Creek (Wed)
5 Stable Run (Wed)
6 Pickard (Thu)
7 Grandview (Fri)
8 Ewing (Fri)
Semi Pickard (Sat)
Finals DMACC (Sat)

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the responses to an odd question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts