• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2009 Star Thrower Roc?

My two don't fell "gummy" they feel like regular star plastic maybe a little stickier but not much.
I am glad I got these.
Mas Rocs!

sounds like they are like some of the sanny's of last year

sth1oo6 said:
Just received mine in the mail (yellow Big Bird) and the plastic is like FLX. Are they all like this?

I was considering buying one of these. By "like FLX" do you mean as gummy or as flexible as FLX or both? Just curious. I couldn't imagine a Star Roc being near as flexible as my FLX Drone :shock:

They are soft. All of the ones at the shop I work at have a really nice shape to them. You can't bend them in half or anything but they are made of the softer runs of star for sure.

rusch_bag said:
They are soft. All of the ones at the shop I work at have a really nice shape to them. You can't bend them in half or anything but they are made of the softer runs of star for sure.

You can bend mine in half I just did. Will try to go out today and see how it flies. Have a feeling this is not the best plastic for Texas summers.

rusch_bag said:

mine feels like this.

Another quick question-Are these sharp nose ranchos or blunt nose? The star ones from a couple years back were blunt and definitely not as stable as in years past.

HUC said:
Another quick question-Are these sharp nose ranchos or blunt nose? The star ones from a couple years back were blunt and definitely not as stable as in years past.
pretty sure there is only one rancho mold

Are you talking about the 05 Special Blends? Those were a tweeked mold that was only used then. All ranchos now are the same mold

No, not 05 ontarios. The two I saw were from 2006 both marked rancho. Some of the '06 stars have the seam in the middle of the nose and some it is right at the bottem of the nose. I kinda assumed that the middle seam ones were blunt nose ranchos. They fly less stable than the other star rocs. I got two different colors in the hole 7 stamped special blends, and they had different rim configurations.

I have some 11x KC rocs are the same way. I really love the blunt nose ones, but I gave up throwing them because they're really hard to find and no one really knows what I want.

I am pretty sure that all current production dx and KC rocs are the sharp mold, but anytime I see a stack of KC Rocs I paw through them looking for some blunt nose ones.

I'll try to post a pic when i get home from work.

No, I believe Dave D stated that the 06 Special Blends were from a tweaked mold as well. Not as Ontario-like as the '05s, but not the normal Rancho configuration either.

where can you get them for cheap if you order just one??? Anybody know a best price shop?