• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 Charlie Vettiner Open

Fore

Eagle Member
Charlie Vettiner Open [2010]

PDGA Sanctioned A-tier Event
September 4th-5th, 2010

The field is limited to 180 players with 90 spots held for the Open divisions and 90 spots for all Amateur Divisions.

You MUST be a PDGA member to play this event and you pre-registered by Friday 9/02/10!

Schedule
Round One & Two – Ams
Ams play Charlie Vettiner for Rounds One and Two
- Late Sign-ins from 8:00 – 9:30
- Players meeting 9:30, Tee-off 10:00
- Rec. and Jr. play shorts, all other divisions play long tees

Rounds One & Two - Pro
Pros play the Fun Farm for Rounds One and Two
- Play 18 holes, skip 13 & 14, play LONG 20

Rounds Three & Four – Ams
Ams play the Fun Farm for Rounds Three and Four
- Tee-off 9:00
- Rec. and Jr. play shorts, all other divisions play long tees
- Play 18 holes, skip 13 & 14, play LONG 20 (20 short for Rec. and Jr.)

Rounds Three & Four - Pro
Pros play Charlie Vettiner for Rounds Three and Four
- Tee-off 10:00

Final Nine at Charlie Vettiner for Top FOUR Open Men!

Prices
Pro Open - $100
Pro Age Protected Divisions - $80
Pro Open Women - $90
Pro Age Protected Divisions - $70
Advanced Divisions - $60
Intermediate Divisions - $40
Recreational Divisions - $30
Jr Divisions - $20

PRICES INCLUDE PDGA and GREENS FEES!!!

picture.php

No offense to anyone involved (I know who did the artwork), but doesn't that likeness of DF make him look kinda like a bum or hobo? Just put a knapsack on a stick over his shoulder and there you go...

OTOH, it looks like A LOT of top names are coming to this tourney! Anyone brave enough to take on several world champs on a Dave Greenwell designed course, come on down!

Yeah I can see what you mean, and he saw scruffy that day which doesn't help. I'm pretty sure a picture was taken last year specifically for the characture because that's the tradition. This isn't that picture but it was taken the same day.

picture.php

The winner of last years tournament always gets his characture stamped on the disc the next year. Either way he's going to be back again this year, Nikko has been here the last few years so he'll probably return, and it sounds like some other touring pros might be coming this year, but I don't want to mention names until it's more of a sure thing.

Here's a link to all the past artwork:
http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2558

Last edited:
Just sent my check to Jeremy, any word on the players pack for the ams? The ams will have time to get to CV for the final nine right it would suck to miss out on that I hear fun farm is kinda a drive from CV.

I've not heard anything about the players packs, I'll ask Jeremy about that and let you know.

Unfortunately it is a bit of a drive from the Fun Farm to Vettiner. Thankfully there isn't any driving between rounds but once the AMs are done on Sunday, many will want to drive to Vettiner to see the final 9 and for the awards. Last year it was set up so the final 9 didn't start until the AMs arrived at Charlie Vettiner and that worked out great. I imagine the same will happen this year.

Ya I'm definitely planning on making the hour drive to watch the final 9 AT LEAST. I'd also like to watch the 2nd round at vettiner. I had a blast watching some pros last year at the fun farm!

It sounds like the players pack will consist of a disc (not sure what kind), a tournament shirt that is NOT covered with sponsor logos, and a caddy book.

The number one (David Feldberg) and number two (Nikko Locastro) ranked disc golfers in the WORLD are both confirmed to attend this event, don't miss it!

You can now register and pay for this tournament at the following league nights in the Louisville area:

Wednesday night leagues at Iroquois Park
and
Thursday leagues at Garry Cavan Park.

Last edited:
Big fan of what you guys got going down there in Louisville! Also, a big fan of all the artwork i've seen down there. Sucks that i've going to miss the Flying Pig but i'm scheduling vacation days tonight for this event!

Awesome, thanks for the good words and I look forward to seeing you at the tournament! The two courses being used for this tournament, Charlie Vettiner and the Fun Farm, are both challenging courses so it wouldn't be a bad idea to play them before the tournament if you have a chance.

It's official, 12x world champion Ken Climo is confirmed to attend the tournament.

Remember, it's pre-registration only so don't miss out!

Important Schedule Update

Round One & Two – Intermediate, Recreational, Jr's, and Women
Ams play Charlie Vettiner for Rounds One and Two
- Rec., Jr., and Women play shorts, intermediate play long tees

Rounds One & Two - Pro & Advanced
Pros play the Fun Farm for Rounds One and Two
- Play 19 holes (1-13, 14's tee to 15's basket, 16-19, 20's tee to 21's basket)

Rounds Three & Four – Intermediate, Recreational, Jr's, and Women
Ams play the Fun Farm for Rounds Three and Four
- Tee-off 9:00
- Rec., Jr., and women play shorts, Intermediate play long tees
- Play 19 holes (1-12, skip 13 & 14, 15-21)

Rounds Three & Four - Pro & Advanced
Pros play Charlie Vettiner for Rounds Three and Four
- Tee-off 10:00

Final Nine at Charlie Vettiner for Top FOUR Open Men!

The event calendar has been updated to reflect this change. Please disreguard the schedule in the first post since it can't be edited!

Awesome, thanks for the good words and I look forward to seeing you at the tournament! The two courses being used for this tournament, Charlie Vettiner and the Fun Farm, are both challenging courses so it wouldn't be a bad idea to play them before the tournament if you have a chance.

It's official, 12x world champion Ken Climo is confirmed to attend the tournament.

Remember, it's pre-registration only so don't miss out!

Played Vetiner today and was very impressed. Very fun course. BTW if you find an red predator it got eaten up on hole 10 in that monster bush at that monument. Also, left my flippy force to the left on hole 1. Forgot all about it till i got home, and was like SOB. Name is Nick Thomas is anyone finds them!

Played Vetiner today and was very impressed. Very fun course. BTW if you find an red predator it got eaten up on hole 10 in that monster bush at that monument. Also, left my flippy force to the left on hole 1. Forgot all about it till i got home, and was like SOB. Name is Nick Thomas is anyone finds them!

Cool, I'm glad you liked the course.

I posted about your lost discs on the louisville disc golf message board, I hope you get a call about them.

In addition to plastic, there are some nice prices for winners of the Am divisions:

Adv - Discatcher Sport
Int - Choice of a Traveler or a Competition Bag
Rec - Choice of a Traveler or a Competition Bag

In addition to plastic, there are some nice prices for winners of the Am divisions:

Adv - Discatcher Sport
Int - Choice of a Traveler or a Competition Bag
Rec - Choice of a Traveler or a Competition Bag

Awesome signed up and just got a call someone found one of my favorite discs and returning it that day! I'm stoked for this tourney

A-tier's don't come along very often. The tournament's only a few days away so don't miss the opportunity to play in it.