• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 USDGC

chain-addicted

Banned
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Alright, so who's gonna go down to Rock Hill this year and watch the action? DGU.com just made the tickets as well as the VIP passes available on their website. I bought the VIP pass last year and it was well worth it.

I definitely plan on being there through the whole day on both Friday (3rd round) and Saturday (final round) probably following the lead cards on both days. Plus I am pretty sure you can play on Sunday, October the 10th after the tournament on the Winthrop Gold course as the ropes will still be up.

I'll be there, probably starting Thursday afternoon. A group of us come up from Wilmington and play a Charlotte course in the morning and watch the lead group in the afternoon.
I will also be buying a VIP pass, like last year.
Sunday is always Spectator Day, but you must make a reservation.
How can we all meet?

PM to set something up. I dont know if I will be able to meet up with you on Thursday though. I am definitely going to be there all day on Friday and Saturday.

love it!

I'm planning to be there for Saturday... was last year and had a blast... i'm bringing the wife this year and her brother. Does anyone know if they'll be doing the live broadcasting again this year?
also ditto on the vip pass, even though i was just there one day last year it made me feel cooler ;)

I will be there all day every day. Hopefully we can all meet up out there for sure. Also I would like to play on Sunday for spectator day. I gotta make a tee time for that.

I'd like to go but don't have any hotel points so not sure I'll be able to make it.... FWIW the VIP pass is definitely the way to go.

For sure. If you are able to make it, get up with me as I will try to get everyone together for a round or two at a nearby course or we could try to play Winny Gold while the ropes are still up the Sunday after. Shoot me a heads up PM if you are able to make it.

I'm planning to be there for Saturday... was last year and had a blast... i'm bringing the wife this year and her brother. Does anyone know if they'll be doing the live broadcasting again this year?
also ditto on the vip pass, even though i was just there one day last year it made me feel cooler ;)

Like I said above, we should try to get all of us together and meet up for a round or two. Kinda like a DGCR mini-meet for that matter. I will definitely be there to watch the lead card on both Friday and Saturday. I will be there with dgcr member Ordered Chaos we will both be getting those VIP tickets.

I am not positive about a live broadcast but they do the "lead group live" thing where they use a gps(?) handheld to upload shot placement to a website. Somethin' like that anyways. I dont know, they might have a live camera broadcast this year. I am sure that Billy Crumps crew will be there to cover it, and I will try my best to stay the heck out of his way:rolleyes:...:D

Shoot me a heads up PM if you are able to make it.

Yo Chain, is that next weekend? I might be able to come down Friday. Maybe we can hook with Bikinjack and Chuck for another round. We'll let them school us at Rankin.

Yo Chain, is that next weekend? I might be able to come down Friday. Maybe we can hook with Bikinjack and Chuck for another round. We'll let them school us at Rankin.

Not so fast my Cro-lovin friend. It's the 6th - 9th of next month. Go get you that VIP pass on DGU.com and meet us down in Rock Hill that weekend. We'll have a cooler full o' cold ones for sure!:D

As far as playin' bikinjack and Chuck again......:thmbup:

As long as me and you are paired up, we got 'em beat!:hfive:

I think I am in. I have to go Chicago the 3-5th. I should be able to head south after. I will let you know. I will try to get a hotel at least one night so we can grab a round and some brews.

I think I am in. I have to go Chicago the 3-5th. I should be able to head south after. I will let you know. I will try to get a hotel at least one night so we can grab a round and some brews.

That's the spirit! I'm down for a few rounds.... of drinks and DG. Definitely keep me posted until then. We need to get bikinjack down there as well. I havnt played Boyd Hill DGC yet. That would be a pretty good one to have a little meet-up at I guess. Its only like 1.5 miles down the road from the "ropes".

That's the spirit! I'm down for a few rounds.... of drinks and DG. Definitely keep me posted until then. We need to get bikinjack down there as well. I havnt played Boyd Hill DGC yet. That would be a pretty good one to have a little meet-up at I guess. Its only like 1.5 miles down the road from the "ropes".

I played Boyd Hill for the first time a week ago, and I liked it. It's a cool little course.

Yep, I'd play there again. I think I may have to go suffer through Nevin sometime too.

I'll be there, most likely. I'll have to look into the whole VIP thing. Hell I may even volunteer down there.

I'll be there. Our club, the WNCDGA, always volunteers on Holes 5, 6, and 7. I'll be spotting the first two days and caddying the second two.

If any of you guys want to come out and volunteer with us, let me know. We have a couple spots left to fill... and you get some pretty sweet gear. Last year they gave me two dry-fit polo USDGC shirts, a Hat and a Staff badge (which is better than the VIP badge).

Let me know if you want in.
DSCJNKY

Alright, so who's gonna go down to Rock Hill this year and watch the action? DGU.com just made the tickets as well as the VIP passes available on their website. I bought the VIP pass last year and it was well worth it.

I definitely plan on being there through the whole day on both Friday (3rd round) and Saturday (final round) probably following the lead cards on both days. Plus I am pretty sure you can play on Sunday, October the 10th after the tournament on the Winthrop Gold course as the ropes will still be up.

Contact the TD or me and Volunteer for 2-3 days. Get a nice volunteer pack, free admission, get to attend the players party meet and greet, and youll get to spot on a hole and see every group. Driving the golf carts around is fun way to get some signatures too!

Well, I must say that as much as I would love to volunteer, this is pretty much going to be my "vacation" for the year. I mean I love just bein' able to walk around and go to whichever hole I want as well as being able to follow around the lead cards for those days. It's my chill time if you knowhutimsayin'....

Now I DO plan on volunteering at next years Carolina Clash tournament for sure. It's gonna suck having to wait until 2012 to catch another USDGC though.