• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 DGCR SS

I'm down for Xmas in July and then again in December :D the swag part I am kind of low on, disc heavy, yes; swag low

i think it's a sweet idea. And I am also down for people to post about what they would like. If I'm going to drop some loot/make trades to get discs for someone, I want to be sure that it's stuff they are going to use.

If it is going to be Christmas and July, I think we should make a new thread to get things straightened out. Unfortunately, I'm also disc heavy and swag low :(

I will do a Christmas in July swap.
:thmbup::thmbup:
Cool. (Even if my AC is out right now...It sucks)

Where did the Thumbs down come from? I don't know how I did that....
:thmbup:

Last edited:
I can't believe that I missed this thread the first time through. I'm in for at least one Christmas in July, but I do have some suggested improvements over last year. Instead of doing pairs of people, triplets make more sense from anonymity standpoint.

Even better than that, or whoever takes the names, just keeps them in groups of 10 (or some manageable number) and person 1 gives to person 2, person 2 gives to person 3, ... , person 10 gives to person 1. That way it's more of a surprise.

I can't believe that I missed this thread the first time through. I'm in for at least one Christmas in July, but I do have some suggested improvements over last year. Instead of doing pairs of people, triplets make more sense from anonymity standpoint.

Even better than that, or whoever takes the names, just keeps them in groups of 10 (or some manageable number) and person 1 gives to person 2, person 2 gives to person 3, ... , person 10 gives to person 1. That way it's more of a surprise.

That's a good idea. It's more fitting to the idea of Secret Santa.

BCR does have a good idea, but i also think last year was great swapping with a random.

I think either way is acceptable. doing groups of 3, or 10, puts a little more work on the guy running it, so they can do it if they want and there's enough interest.

it is still secret because you don't know who you're sending to.

in terms of "likes, dislikes, favorite color" i will vote a resounding no. as someone that helped organize after BnC was finished taking applicants, this will just be very confusing, extra work, and unneeded.

You can do some research based on the address you get. my guy was near dallas, and i narrowed it down to 2 guys that posted in the thread. i had a star mako dyed for him with the cowboys star, a "dallas sucks, TO swallows" tee shirt, a box a philadelphia eagles tastey cakes (a philly company), and i think two other discs and a sedgley (my home course) mini.

maybe he doesn't throw those discs but it was a thoughtful present. i didn't need to know if he likes twilight, enjoys DX plastic or who he's taking to the prom.

let's not make this any more complicated than it is as it was a huge success last year.

I'd be in for a winter one. Not gonna work for a summer one right now until I now my layoff status.

Also I love the random stuff and just address. I'd rather not know the username of the person I'm sending too so it can be a surprise since I don't forum stalk to know who is from where. Not sure you need to do pairs, just write down everyones name, then put all the names in a hat, draw the name and assign it. Thats how my wife does it for her SS thing for the daycare.

Also I hate the packers. Just putting that out there :)

I want to be in it!!!!

I would like to get in on this. I know I am still new, and have a low post count, but my itrader rating is 100%.

What are the requirements for noobs?

Latest posts