• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Goals

Non-DG
-Graduate with my Bachelors. (Spring)
-Stop Smoking
-Get career job (I love working in radio, but it's not a longterm thing)
DG
-Be at 75 courses played, I'll say be at 15 states played. (It's a reach, but I think it's possible)
-learn more control of the disc and throwing accurate lines.
-Aid with the design and installation of a new course or courses. (Carry over from last year)
-Play in some tournaments
-Actually join the pdga.

I think I will copy these and put them in my profile.

Last edited:
Play. Currently on the DG DL. I would be happy tom just get out and throw. Damn, damn, damn!!!

1-Hit 400 consistently
2-Score below 50 at my home course (Shawnee Mission)
3-Hit an ace (just to start)
4-Hit an ace on a hole over 250
5-Be able to keep confidence through an entire round
6-Get good at putting over 25'
7-Get a third ace before my friend (who has one now)

Play consistently to my ability for an entire tournament without choking at all ( preferably at this yeas Gentlemans Club Challenge where last year I followed up a 980 round with a 909 after chokin and dropping 10 strokes in the last 10 holes hitting OBs missing gimme putts and just plain self destructing)

Make it to 2012

I'm on board with this one. :thmbup:

I also have a goal of successfully introducing my fiancee to disc golf before our wedding date. By "successfully" I mean she ends up not hating the sport or resenting that I spend time with it. Because I don't want to have to feel guilty about playing disc golf, or really any sport, for the rest of my life!

Wow! things have been crazy with life issues so I had not even thought of it.

Hmmmmm...

1)Grow in my relationships with God, wife, and children.
2)Get a local course built. The nearest is 42 miles.
3)Continue to further my career. At 50 I have made many bad decisions and the place I am at now is the fit I have been looking for. 4 Promotions in 16 months.
4)Throw an 800 round. I am a good player but inconsistancy has plagued me.
5)Then throw a 900 round.
6)Make a difference in the community I live in.
7)Lose 70 pounds. A must if I am to keep the health I have enjoyed before it is to late.
8)Meet more DGer's.
9)Get to 10 states I have played in.
10)Attend the 2011 Mid Atlantic Meet up.

Non-DG
1. Shake off whatever is keeping me from getting another teaching position. Half the 2010-2011 school year is over and I still do not have a position.
2. Finish my Masters. One class to go.
3. Be there for my family once I can find something where I can support them without worries. Actually had a full time position for a month back in late November and early December. Getting only three hours of sleep, never seeing my family, and slowly failing at that job was not going to cut it for long.

DG.
1. Maintain my 400 foot consistency. On flat no wind I top off at 420 with a Z Nuke. Cannot wait to get my Opto Flow out there and see what it can do. I am 35 this February, despite being in great shape and feeling no different than when I was 25, I am sure that within the next few years I am going to be depending more on glide than strength.
2. Being more consistent in the tight fairway with Fairway drivers. Right now I can muscle midranges and putters incredibly straight down the tight wooded fairways, but I would like to consistently get a powered-down driver to do the same thing so I can have more "go for it" opportunities.
3. Be more consistent putting at 30-35 feet. Right now I sit at 90% or better at 20 feet and in. However, there is a huge drop off from 25 to 30, going from 70% to 40%, and it gets even uglier from 30 to 35.
4. Stop buying every new disc that comes out on the market. For awhile I would buy it, try it, possibly recommend it, and everyone in my league would buy one too. Now that has been going on for a few seasons they have pretty well dialed into what they want and or just want to save money. I, however, have not stopped buying everything new that comes out. So far I have been good, avoiding the Wahoo and Vulcan. Then again, I had no qualms about getting the Ascent, Flow, and Buzzz SS the day they were available.

Actually get an ace
Practice putting now that I have a portable basket
Meet new players in my area since I'm getting sick of playing alone.

Actually get an ace
Practice putting now that I have a portable basket
Meet new players in my area since I'm getting sick of playing alone.

I met and played with a lot of cool people in my 3 years in Oregon (Beaverton too) but I always dug playing lonely rounds especially early in the morning at Pier and Dabney. One easy way to meet new players is to play-in with a group you play-up on or catch up to.

I also had two pigmy goats cross my path at Pier one day.

write thesis
graduate
obtain employment in my field
get the f*&^ out of orlando!

disc golf is all gravy.

My goals for 2011:
30 states played (currently 21, will be 25 by the end of 2010)
500 courses played and reviewed (currently 350, probably 370ish by the end of 2010)
Play in 10 sanctioned events (6 this year)
Rating up to 920 (903 now)
5 Travel Tag exchanges (2011 tag came in the mail)

Well, I'm at 26 states and 375 courses, so I'm on my way to those two goals. I have a possibility for a travel tag exchange or two this weekend, and a few of the illianasconsinigan guys have them too, so that should be easy. Hopefully I'll be playing in the ice bowl in February, so we'll see how that goes.

Disc golf goals for 2011.

1. Get a frickin' hole-in-one, already. So close, so many times. :mad:
2. Continue to meet up with the great folks I've met from DGCR, as well as forge new friendships.
3. Double my number of courses played.
4. Continue to improve my game.

Disc golf goals for 2011.

1. Get a frickin' hole-in-one, already. So close, so many times. :mad:
2. Continue to meet up with the great folks I've met from DGCR, as well as forge new friendships.
3. Double my number of courses played.
4. Continue to improve my game.

:hfive:

Latest posts