• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2011 Pro Worlds Predictions

20110711__frisbee_golf_02_400.jpg

But on the other hand i'm going to be rooting for the 2 local guys from here in the deep south. Matt Orum and John Fowler. Both world class and it would be great for these guys to go top 10 or finals.

In the Womens Open division i think it will be Paige Peirce, despite local favorite and 2010 champ. My second pick to win the womens title is Des Reading.

In Master i feel Patrick Brown will win hes got all the things going for him: local,Nt titles this year, good golf lately. For my second pick I got the other have of the Reading's the yeti to win masters.

Grandmaster: Steve Wisecup

You heard it here, I will be right.

Matty O is recovering from a throwing hand injury - haven't seen him since Safari 2 weeks ago but he scratched on that tourney due to the injury 0_0

We'll have to see what happens.

Another fun couple notes just to mix it up

Aces in practice rounds that I know of (Thursday and Friday)

Avery: 17 DeLa (Gravity)
Cale: 23 CSUMB
PB: 4 Ryan Ranch
GG*: 1 inch from an ace at Ryan Ranch #15, caged but just one inch higher would have been a clean skip ace going straight at it.

Also - I talked to Fowler a couple days before I came back up, glad to see he's getting a chance to play. He's got skills for sure.

We got a chance to see the pro's in action today out at Dela today playing in the mixed doubles. Even more lucky to jump on a few hole with David Wiggins Jr. and another pro named Terry from North Carolina. I must say these dudes were awesome to say the least. I could'nt believe how far David could bomb a disc. For those who know dela, hole 25 is a very tough hole playing up hill all the way (very steep) well lets just say its one or the harder locations for a pin. He put it in the circle, dude has a monster arm, bigger than Anthon (Josh is our local pro and we play doubles with him all the time) easy. Its was aslo fun watching David park 3 Aviar's from top of the world which plays 550. Oh yeah, we saw Nikko, can't believe he is rolling with a buzz cut, no more hair, and a very calm demenor. Good luck to all, this was a awesome experience. My money is on Doss though. This is his to lose as I see it.

i'm pulling for either nikko, rico, anthon, or feldberg. not that i'm really rooting for any of them. i just want to see the video of the winner carrying the giant winner's check into the nearest dispensary.

Matty O is recovering from a throwing hand injury - haven't seen him since Safari 2 weeks ago but he scratched on that tourney due to the injury 0_0

We'll have to see what happens.

Another fun couple notes just to mix it up

Aces in practice rounds that I know of (Thursday and Friday)

Avery: 17 DeLa (Gravity)
Cale: 23 CSUMB
PB: 4 Ryan Ranch
GG*: 1 inch from an ace at Ryan Ranch #15, caged but just one inch higher would have been a clean skip ace going straight at it.

Also - I talked to Fowler a couple days before I came back up, glad to see he's getting a chance to play. He's got skills for sure.

I think we should have partial credit for Cale's ace on 23, man. No doubt that he sat on the bench on that hole before stepping up to the pad and hitting the ace! :)

So now that the sad news broke that Climo is out of the worlds. For all of those of predicted a Climo win, who is your pick now.
Im sticking to Nate Doss, with Nikko and Anthon giving a run. Maybey the haircut will bring Nikko luck.

interesting choices, would be interesting to see non picks will

We got a chance to see the pro's in action today out at Dela today playing in the mixed doubles. Even more lucky to jump on a few hole with David Wiggins Jr. and another pro named Terry from North Carolina. I must say these dudes were awesome to say the least. I could'nt believe how far David could bomb a disc. For those who know dela, hole 25 is a very tough hole playing up hill all the way (very steep) well lets just say its one or the harder locations for a pin. He put it in the circle, dude has a monster arm, bigger than Anthon (Josh is our local pro and we play doubles with him all the time) easy. Its was aslo fun watching David park 3 Aviar's from top of the world which plays 550. Oh yeah, we saw Nikko, can't believe he is rolling with a buzz cut, no more hair, and a very calm demenor. Good luck to all, this was a awesome experience. My money is on Doss though. This is his to lose as I see it.

Terry a tall bald dude?