• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Lafayette Spring Fling

Jacques

24fd1si.png

The Acadiana Disc Golf Association and The Flight Club Disc Golf League Proudly Present

The 2012 Lafayette Spring Fling

34hcqqh.png

Visit the event website http://2012-lafayette-spring-fling.ettend.com/ for complete and up-to-date tournament information and most importantly, online registration - RSVP only - not pre-payment.

Entry Fees

Pro Divisions

Pro Open - $45
Pro Women - $45
Pro Masters - $45
Pro Masters Women - $45
Pro Grandmasters - $45
Pro Senior Grandmasters - $45

Amateur Divisions

Advanced - $30
Advanced Masters - $30
Am Men - $30
Am Women - $30
Novice - $15
Junior - $15

Highlights and Extras

Two rounds of eighteen holes will be played consisting of the Ace Run and Duzee courses at Acadiana Park.

A player's pack consisting of no less than a tournament stamped disc from Innova, a tournament t-shirt and lunch is guaranteed to all pre-registered players. Additional merchandise may be included.

Guaranteed cash added to pro divisions payout.

Guaranteed premium merchandise added to amateur divisions payout.

The finest player's party the world has ever seen will be held on Saturday night.

The Louisiana representative to the 2011 USDGC will be chosen at this event.

As usual, tons and tons of CTPs will be out on the courses.

Vegas style Ace Pots for both courses, $1 thru $5.

Event Format

Pools and Courses

Pool, course and tee assignments will be finalized as the event draws near. The number of players registered and the concentration of these players by division will be taken into account before making these assignments. Every effort will be made to avoid overcrowding on the courses - including possibly a few temporary holes.

Schedule

Sign-up for unregistered players, collection of entry fees for pre-registered players and distribution of player's packs will start at 7:30 AM at Acadiana Park and finish at 9:00 AM.

A mandatory player's meeting will follow sign-ups. The first round of play will begin after the conclusion of the player's meeting. Expect a tee-time of approximately 9:30 AM for the first round.

The second round of play will begin approximately one hour after the last scorecard from the first round is turned in. The second round tee time will be announced verbally and posted in writing during lunch.

If necessary, ace pot throw offs will be held while the final scores are being tallied after the second round.

An awards ceremony will be held. All CTP prizes, awards, merchandise and cash won by players will be presented at the awards ceremony.

Lunch

Lunch will be served FREE OF CHARGE following the first round of play.

NO GUARANTEES, but we are working on a crawfish boil for lunch PLUS free beer. If that doesn't materialize, I guarantee we'll have something good to eat. Please indicate if you will be joining us for lunch when you register.

Player's Party

We invite all of our players to join us in enjoying the Festival Internationale de Louisiane in downtown Lafayette on Saturday night following the tournament.

It is one of the largest FREE outdoor music festivals in the nation. It features traditional Cajun, Zydeco and Swamp Pop music along with acts from the Carribean, Latin American, France, Africa and Canada. Food and drinks are available and arts and crafts from all over the world are on display. In addition, since it takes place in downtown Lafayette, most bars and restaurants are open for business throughout the festival site. It is worth coming to town just for the party alone, much less a fun-filled day of disc golf, great music, good food and drinks.

The Festival starts on Wednesday night and runs through Sunday. Saturday night's lineup includes some Acadiana favorites, The Lost Bayou Ramblers and Cory Ledet and his Zydeco Band.

For more information, check out the Festival's website http://www.festivalinternational.com/site349.php

Directions, Lodging and Contact Information

Hotel

An official tournament hotel will be announced as soon as an agreement is reached. Booking at the last minute might be difficult due to the enormous number of people in town that weekend for the Festival. Don't wait until the last minute to get a room.

Camping

As always, camping is available at Acadiana Park's Campground. Get more info at http://www.visitusa.com/louisiana/camping/acadianaparkcampground.htm. I doubt they will fill up, but expect a bigger than usual crowd at the campground this weekend too.

Acadiana Park

From I-10, turn South at exit 104 (Louisiana Ave). Turn left on Alexander St. Acadiana Park is approximately 1/2 mile down Alexander on the left hand side. The parking lot is just past the playground, before the tennis courts. Hole 1 for the Ace Run is behind the bathrooms to the left of the parking lot. Hole 1 for the Duzee is behind the soccer fields in front of the parking lot.

For GPS users, Acadiana Park's physical address is 1005 E. Alexander Street, Lafayette, LA

Contact

Tournament director - Jacques Giraud. Contact me at [email protected] or by cell (337)578-8457 before 9:00 PM (please)

Sponsorships...

The 2012 Spring Fling welcomes our two newest SPONSORS

Louis Roger and JMA Painters

AND

Joe Burback and Aboriginal Discs

Hole - $20

David Clayton & Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf

Shirt Logo - $100

La Cote DGC Ragley
The Aardvarks (need your logo)
Sterling Sugars
Prejean's
JMA Painters
Aboriginal Discs

Shirt List - $40

None yet

Thanks to everybody for their support!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tournament flyer states

PREMIUM MERCHANDISE ADDED TO AMATEUR DIVISIONS

but I can't stand ambiguity so allow me to expound...

Three (3) Sport baskets -

1st place AM MEN, ADVANCED MASTERS & ADVANCED win baskets, guaranteed.

Five (5) Competition bags and Five (5) Deluxe bags -

1st, 2nd & 3rd place AM WOMEN win bags, guaranteed
2nd & 3rd place AM MEN win bags, guaranteed
2nd & 3rd place ADVANCED MASTERS win bags, guaranteed
2nd, 3rd & 4th ADVANCED win bags, guaranteed.

ON TOP OF a guaranteed 100% payout of the top HALF of the field in all AM divisions.

PLUS a tournament stamped disc (with a crawfish on it!) AND a tee-shirt AND lunch for $30. ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME?

Don't make us beg, go to the tournament website - http://2012-lafayette-spring-fling.ettend.com/ - and sign up!

Of course, we haven't forgotten our PRO players. CASH will be added to PRO divisions and an announcement will be made once the amount is known.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of signing up, thirteen brave souls have signed up already...

Code:
Reaux		Brady		Advanced
Newell		Brooks		Advanced Masters
Cabrol		Jason		Amateur Men
Normand		Darren		Amateur Men
Roger		Louis		Amateur Men
Roger		Kain		Junior
Blansett	Jim		Pro Grandmasters
Robichaux	David		Pro Grandmasters
bodin		keith		Pro Masters Men
Robichaux	Connie		Pro Masters Women
Robichaux	Nick		Pro Men
Clayton		David		Pro Senior Grandmasters
Todd		Joe		Pro Senior Grandmasters

They look lonely, visit the website and join the fun.

This tournament update is presented by our fine SPONSORS

Southwest Louisiana Disc Golf
La Cote Disc Golf Course - Ragley, LA
The Aadrvarks
Prejean's Restaurant
Sterling Sugars
JMA Painters
Aboriginal Discs

Sponsorship opportunities are definitely still available. I'm going to place the shirt order in a few weeks so get in touch if you are interested in getting your name, business or logo on 100+ shirts and the website.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of the website, go to http://2012-lafayette-spring-fling.ettend.com/ and join the 55 others who have already registered.

We are approaching half full and the event is still four weeks away, so don't dilly-dally and please don't lolligag. Go to the website and get yourself signed up and official.

Once again, we are not asking for pre-payment, just RSVP and let us know who is coming.

Already signed up...

k9vodk.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just a reminder, EVERYBODY gets a DISC and a SHIRT and LUNCH just for showing up.

"What kind of disc?" you ask.

This kind...

miotib.jpg

"Awesome", you say, "I always wanted a disc with a crawfish on it."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last, but not least, TROPHIES.

We must have forgot the trophies because I haven't said anything about them yet, right?

NOT

1zv6440.jpg

That's a miniature, all metal basket (12" tall) in a solid marble base.

GUARANTEED TO FIRST PLACE IN ALL DIVISIONS and possibly second and third in others.

I know we usually do top three in all AM divisions, but these are especially tedious and time consuming to make and I don't want to get bogged down on them at the expense of other preparations.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks again to our sponsors and thanks to the players who have already signed-up, it really does make it a lot easier to plan and host an event when you know who is coming.

The Spring Fling welcomes our newest SPONSORS

The Holiday Inn Holidome
M & S Grocery
Reliable Power Systems
False River Fencing

They join

La Cote Disc Golf Course - Ragley, LA
The Aadrvarks
Prejean's Restaurant
Sterling Sugars
JMA Painters
Aboriginal Discs

in making it possible to bring you this fine event.

Sponsorship opportunities are definitely still available. I'm going to place the shirt order in a few weeks so get in touch if you are interested in getting your name, business or logo on 100+ shirts and the website.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of the website, go to http://2012-lafayette-spring-fling.ettend.com/ and join the 68 others who have already registered.

We are almost half full and the event is still three weeks away, so don't dawdle and please don't delay. Go to the website and get yourself all fixed up.

Once again, we are not asking for pre-payment, just RSVP and let us know who is coming.

Already signed up...

2zgyjgz.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We played Blue Angel and we played Crystal Springs and we came back to Lafayette with a serious case of HANGING BASKET ENVY so we decided we needed to join the fun...

178f0h.jpg

vh58ph.jpg

Hanging around with hole #6 on the Ace Run.

There is definitely a little more hijinks on the way including a limited time only SPRING fling basket. You won't want to miss it!

A lot of people have been working really hard to make sure that Acadiana Park will look its springtime finest for this tournament.

Alright boys and girls, it is time to get serious about getting signed up if you are coming to town for the Spring Fling.

Go to the tournament website - http://2012-lafayette-spring-fling.ettend.com/ - and RSVP.

As always, we are not asking for prepayment, just registration so we have a reasonable head count.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shirt order is getting placed this week and we have added a few more SPONSORS

HAAS AUTOMATION

LAFAYETTE GRANITE

and

M.A. PATOUT & SONS

join

La Cote, Ragley DGC
The Aardvarks
Aboriginal Discs
Holiday Inn Holidome
JMA Painters
Prejean's Restaurant
Sterling Sugars, LLC
Reliable Power Systems
CompuWorks
Jory Bernard, LLC
Whitliejo Specialties
Louisiana Valve Source
M & S Grocery
False River Fencing

in enabling US to bring YOU a TOP QUALITY event!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

77 players registered so far.

An optimist would say our tournament is half-full.

A pessimist would say it is half-empty.

I would say quit monkeying around - go to the website and join the fun.

24dea9w.jpg

Speaking of monkeying around....

2w6ytyp.jpg

We just couldn't help ourselves. After all, it is the SPRING FLING!

Last but not least, I want to talk about a subject of the utmost importance - CRAWFISH.

It looks like we are going to pull it off - a FREE crawfish boil for lunch between rounds on Saturday. I will make another announcement as soon as I am 100% certain.

Almost forgot - I want to make sure everybody knows that ALL divisions will play the cement tees on both courses. If you come to town to practice, don't practice the long tees on either course. As usual, we will have blue tees staked out on some of the longer holes and some of the disc eaters for the novice and junior divisions.

116 registered out of a possible 144.

There are still 28 spots left (29 with Mr Louis withdrawing) so get off your keester, sign up and come join us in Lafayette for a good time this weekend.

9r2h6x.jpg

Several players have contacted me about changing divisions. The website that we use for sign-ups does allow me to edit your registrations (or so it said) but I haven't figured out how and I don't have time to learn any new tricks right now so remind us on Saturday morning and we will get you fixed up then.

Now after playing Disc Golf at Acadiana Park all day and partying at the Festival all night, there is a good chance you might end up looking like this....

11udmza.jpg

However if you wake up Sunday morning bright eyed and bushy tailed and feel like playing some more golf, come join us at 10:00 for Sunday doubles - blind-draw, best-shot format with cash payout & a progressive ace pot. Ask anybody from Lafayette at the Spring Fling and they will give you all the details.

Latest posts