• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Masters Cup Pro Weekend

It was a beautiful weekend out there for the Master's Cup. Perfect weather, the course was in stellar condition, and the Disc Golf was incredible.

Gratz to Paul McBeth on his second Master's in a row. Was hoping our home town guy Nate Doss could make a run on the last day, and he did, but not enough. I thought Philo might stay away from trouble, but that one 5 coming down the stretch was tough - Dela is like that. Paul played well consistently and weathered the gauntlet.

Women's and Masters came down to the end too, what a tournament!

So nobody is going to bring up the fact two Innova guys were at the top of the leaderboard. If it had been two Prodigy guys there would of been 6 pages about it.

So nobody is going to bring up the fact two Innova guys were at the top of the leaderboard. If it had been two Prodigy guys there would of been 6 pages about it.

Guess you did lol

Probably because most people like Paul, Philo and Rico. Chill guys with good attitudes.

All the prodigy players have tons of Innova in their bags, I saw it thrown a ton too.

Some highlights from Day 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeQIeyxVIiM&feature=youtu.be

There were lots of folks filming the scene. This is one a friend emailed me, but sure to be others post-editing.

Found another on a good DG youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MurderMike41370

Glad you liked my video. I'm uploading the 20 minute part 1 day 1 coverage tonight. got 3 more parts to get done just from day 1, CCDG and I got 2 cams on both lead cards saturday and sunday. We should have about 5 hours of cut coverage from this tournament alone. Hope you all enjoy.

Glad you liked my video. I'm uploading the 20 minute part 1 day 1 coverage tonight. got 3 more parts to get done just from day 1, CCDG and I got 2 cams on both lead cards saturday and sunday. We should have about 5 hours of cut coverage from this tournament alone. Hope you all enjoy.

/drool

6 pages about how they used mixed bags and that their pink discs turn white. People here only complain when the prodigy team does good.

I'm more interested in the fact that 5 manufacturers are represented in the top 6.

Oh, and Prodigy took 1,3, and 4 in women's open:)

Tasty. Great to see the teamwork with Central Coast Disc Golf.

We killed it on Saturday and Sunday, this is from Friday when I was alone so the stuff from the weekend will have tons more angles. I wish I could have gotten another camera person for Friday but I was stuck doing double duty lol. I have a few more videos to post from Friday that I shot and CCDG will be posting the stroke coverage from Sat and Sun soon.

We killed it on Saturday and Sunday, this is from Friday when I was alone so the stuff from the weekend will have tons more angles. I wish I could have gotten another camera person for Friday but I was stuck doing double duty lol. I have a few more videos to post from Friday that I shot and CCDG will be posting the stroke coverage from Sat and Sun soon.

Awesome thanks!

My buddies' son, Ben Baker, is always filing Disc Golf tournaments in the Northern California area. Not sure what outfit he is with. Anyway, his Dad and I kind of wondered if the different DG filming tribes worked together much?

Seems like you could get a lot more angles, holes, etc if the different groups worked together. But I'm sure there are social/political/life reasons that keep this from happening.

My latest what-would-I-do-if-I-won-the-lottery dreams involve uniting the DG filming groups (by paying them), and buying Helicopter cameras for the National Tour :p

Anyway, this is great stuff. Keep up the good work.

Awesome thanks!

My buddies' son, Ben Baker, is always filing Disc Golf tournaments in the Northern California area. Not sure what outfit he is with. Anyway, his Dad and I kind of wondered if the different DG filming tribes worked together much?

Seems like you could get a lot more angles, holes, etc if the different groups worked together. But I'm sure there are social/political/life reasons that keep this from happening.

My latest what-would-I-do-if-I-won-the-lottery dreams involve uniting the DG filming groups (by paying them), and buying Helicopter cameras for the National Tour :p

Anyway, this is great stuff. Keep up the good work.

Ben Baker is with DiscMasters on youtube and he does some decent work. He was out there as much as I was on Friday but he was pretty much on his own the whole weekend.

As far a collaboration between different youtube channels and DG filming crews I am pretty much on my own up here but have some talent I'm trying to grow so we can get better film. CCDG has a few guys that work together but almost always 2 or 3 camera guys. Last year I met Ian form CCDG and we decided to film the masters together the next year because the challenge of filming De La. THe guys from CCDG are very cool dudes and love to film DG just as much as they love to play. if you haven't checked out the video Ian and I did of his home course check it out below. We did this the weekend I went down to his house to talk over how we wanted to film the masters. Ian is in the blue shirt and I'm in the black shirt.

BENFTS-

As someone who was born and raised in the bay area and started playing DG AT DeLa, these videos take me back and brings me many fond memories. I appreciate your hard work and envy you for being able to spend so much time at that course. Keep up the good work as I always enjoy viewing your videos.

Latest posts