• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

okay maybe i like to over react but is the USDGC still pro/am with no money? I was a huge fan of that tourney and it lost it for me when feldberg lost by 35 strokes to an injured am.

I agree completely that corporate sponsors do not see the numbers needed to generate a return on their investment when supporting disc golf with sponsorship.

I agree completely that corporate sponsors do not see the numbers needed to generate a return on their investment when supporting disc golf with sponsorship.
USDGC gave people the illusion for a dozen years that we were "right there" on the verge of breaking something big. It was an illusion, though. It was all propped up with Innova's money. Once Innova decided to reallocate funding, the old USDGC could not survive.

People who understand how Frisbee sports really started get this since it's not the first time this has happened. People who don't sometimes think the sky is falling, that the sport has taken a step back. The sport didn't take a step back. The sport is that same as it was. The guy behind the green curtain just walked out is all; we can't fool ourselves into buying the illusion anymore since the illusion is busted.

USDGC gave people the illusion for a dozen years that we were "right there" on the verge of breaking something big. It was an illusion, though. It was all propped up with Innova's money. Once Innova decided to reallocate funding, the old USDGC could not survive.

People who understand how Frisbee sports really started get this since it's not the first time this has happened. People who don't sometimes think the sky is falling, that the sport has taken a step back. The sport didn't take a step back. The sport is that same as it was. The guy behind the green curtain just walked out is all; we can't fool ourselves into buying the illusion anymore since the illusion is busted.

well said

money in 1999 for first place 4000 that is more than in 2013 if you factor inflation into it. actually 600 dollars more.

One of the issues that's often overlooked when comparing first place dollars from year to year is that the dollar amount is based on the total payout, which is determined by amount of added cash the host club raises and the size of the field (# of competitors), both of which can vary widely.

Last year (Charlotte, 144 players) first place MPO paid out $5500 of the total MPO payout of $36,205 (15.19%). In 2011 (Santa Cruz, 179 players) first place paid out $7000 of the total payout MPO of $44,795 (15.62%). This year (126 players), as noted up-thread, first place received $5000 of $32,775 (15.26%). So there was a significant difference in first place dollar amounts, even though the percentage of the purse stayed relatively constant.

Will Schusterick apologized on Facebook for his play/attitude over the last 15 holes of Worlds. Anyone want to fill us in on what happened?

Will Schusterick apologized on Facebook for his play/attitude over the last 15 holes of Worlds. Anyone want to fill us in on what happened?

he seemed a little poutty but not anything that he should apologize for.

did we ever the starts time in the archived covereage for the rounds and final9? i missed watching it over the weekend and going to catch up today but was curious if anyone knew what time it started in the feed

I saw one little outburst of frustration on 18 on Saturday. Didn't follow him to each and every location but I thought he was pretty well behaved whenever I saw him.

IMO, no apology is needed. But, it is great to see any top competitor with a conscience about this and having the guts/integrity to go public with it. It is an indictment on the small minority who do not. Kudos to Mr. Schusterick!

this i hope isn't true. so good ole boys hire each other and just spend the money.

the PDGA board and its associates are basically one big collection of good ole boys, unfortunately. rather thank take risks and hire people outside their circle, they always go back to the same people who do the same mediocre jobs.

the PDGA board and its associates are basically one big collection of good ole boys, unfortunately. rather thank take risks and hire people outside their circle, they always go back to the same people who do the same mediocre jobs.

I voted for the two biggest outsiders on the ballot. They didn't win :-(

did we ever the starts time in the archived covereage for the rounds and final9? i missed watching it over the weekend and going to catch up today but was curious if anyone knew what time it started in the feed

FPO: 411:20
MPO: 482:25

Latest posts