• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

Yes, the LiveU backpacks have 6 bonded 3G/4G cards. So they are reliant on the cell signal at Lemon Lake (which is awful). Then that is transmitted to a central location where they can add a few things like graphics and overlays if needed.

Anyone know how the live feed is being transmitted? Via satellite?

The backpacks may be how the feed gets of the course. The "studio" is on the patio, just outside the pro shop. With the commentators watching a big screen.

Maybe that feed just comes off the internet? Or maybe it's more direct. But, anyhow, I assume the mix goes out there from the "studio".

The pro shop seems to have a phone, so I assume they have DSL, or maybe cable, or maybe some kind of leased line for internet from there.

Not sure if they are using AT&T cellular, but I got a pretty good 4G signal with good bandwidth the other day in all places on the property except for the back of Gold (9-18). Maybe that is why they are not doing any coverage of that course.

Barry was averaging a 1039.8 rated round up until this round. The champ was averaging 1040 exactly. Barry had a 1 stroke lead. interesting

Yes, the LiveU backpacks have 6 bonded 3G/4G cards. So they are reliant on the cell signal at Lemon Lake (which is awful). Then that is transmitted to a central location where they can add a few things like graphics and overlays if needed.

The issues they've had this week aren't due to the LiveU signals. When they lose those signals, we get stuck looking at Crazy and Dave while they banter because the live feed is still up.

The issues they're having are the hardwired internet connections running from their studio out of the park to the rest of the world. The connection just isn't strong enough. No idea what they can do to fix that short of having the phone/cable company come out and run new lines or something.

It is according to the email I got from DGP.tv earlier today. See below:

Men's Lead Card Coverage at the World Championships is LIVE NOW with Paul McBeth, Dave Feldberg, Nikko Locastro, and Will Schusterick!

And Women's Lead Card This Afternoon!

I got the same one. Damn them and there stupid ideas. we have a 1 stroke difference in the last regulation rd and they are not going to show the best players out there.

Barry with a current three throw lead over The Champ after nine.

I'll be curious to see how they do on 11 - I didn't see any of the top cards play it. It seems like a three _ought_ to be in reach - but it takes two really good throws to set it up. Nobody I saw (a couple of mid-tier MPO cards) really even came close.

A 90-degree dogleg right with a little more than half of the 590 feet after the dog leg.

I got the same one. Damn them and there stupid ideas. we have a 1 stroke difference in the last regulation rd and they are not going to show the best players out there.

the women are -15,-13, and -11. I understand you want to watch the men but you can't make the argument that its the only close race

The issues they're having are the hardwired internet connections running from their studio out of the park to the rest of the world. The connection just isn't strong enough. No idea what they can do to fix that short of having the phone/cable company come out and run new lines or something.

It _could_ be that they just didn't pay for a very high quality line.

Imagine it's a 56k modem, they could have paid for DSL. Or for faster DSL. Or for some kind of a dedicated leased line (T1 or fractional T1, or whatever it is that's competitive these days). It's been ages since I looked, but the dedicated leased lines used to be really pricey. And, at some point, they really _might_ have to run extra wires out to the pro shop.

I'm not sure how much $$ they'd be willing to invest into dedicated internet that basically only serves the video feed.

Not sure if they are using AT&T cellular, but I got a pretty good 4G signal with good bandwidth the other day in all places on the property except for the back of Gold (9-18). Maybe that is why they are not doing any coverage of that course.

i think that and the fact that it is a difficult course to film are the culprits

No idea what they can do to fix that short of having the phone/cable company come out and run new lines or something.
Test bandwidth capacity BEFORE the event?

Make sure your upload is DOUBLE the bitrate you plan on sending out?

Have redundant backup from another provider?

Basically the first things you do when you decide to stream live from a venue. Pretty unacceptable, really. Especially when you are charging for the product.

the women are -15,-13, and -11. I understand you want to watch the men but you can't make the argument that its the only close race

Gotta agree with NOS. You will get the men for the Semi's and finals. Give the women some due respect.

Test bandwidth capacity BEFORE the event?

Make sure your upload is DOUBLE the bitrate you plan on sending out?

Have redundant backup from another provider?

Basically the first things you do when you decide to stream live from a venue. Pretty unacceptable, really. Especially when you are charging for the product.

All of this is reasonable, but it all costs $$. How much are they really pulling in with the video feed? You think 50 people paid for it? 100? I'd be a little surprised if it was 1,000, but have no idea really.

All of this is reasonable, but it all costs $$. How much are they really pulling in with the video feed? You think 50 people paid for it? 100? I'd be a little surprised if it was 1,000, but have no idea really.

no viewer count on the payer anymore....

Have we confirmed what card they're showing this afternoon?

Edit: whoops. Nobody wants to watch the women's card over the mens.