• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Pro Worlds at Lemon Lake

Congrats Paul, Page, and everyone else who played well. I personally want to thank anyone who volunteered, as it's the people that really make any event special. My special kudos to the spotters who brave the brush so great players can throw the shots they came to throw, knowing someone down there has their back. I know how comforting it is to have spotters on certain holes, and have done so for events myself... great way to see the action up close and personal! :thmbup:

Not sure what to make of the soap opera surrounding the struggle for leadership at this years worlds. Who the heck are the Svitkos, anyway? Is it true they don't even play? From what I've read, something smells quite rotten there. :confused:

Last edited:
Who are the Svitkos?
Jay Svitko has been around; he was a PDGA Marshall at one point. He's an old disc golfer. His wife is the one who apparently is not a disc golfer and she apparently has become very, very involved in the operation there. I'm not sure how well Jay got along with Brian and Bart and the other movers and shakers in that area, but they at least seemed to peacefully coexist up til now. The difference everyone seems to allude to between then and now is how involved Deb has become.

For the record, I tried not to tip toe around it here when they announced that the baskets were going to be auctioned off.
No secret that the Svitkos only care about the money coming in that place.

Which sucks, because Brian Cummings is one of the best dudes in disc golf. Period. And he has to constantly fight those clowns to get anything done.

:clap:

If they own and operate the pro shop, why were they so involved in Worlds? Does the contract state they get "x" amount of disc related sales on the property? If they are notorious for "being in it for the money," then why have them involved at all?

They tried to say that they never agreed to give the basket away. Only problem is they said it in front of me and two other people who clearly remember it and I cc'd them in on an email I sent to volunteers stating that we were raffling a basket.

I asked several times in no uncertain terms if we were going to be able to do the basket raffle. I wanted to be sure before I started telling people about it so I wouldn't look like an a$$ if it fell through. Yet here I am feeling like an a$$.

If they own and operate the pro shop, why were they so involved in Worlds? Does the contract state they get "x" amount of disc related sales on the property? If they are notorious for "being in it for the money," then why have them involved at all?

I don't know what kind of agreement they have but I would guess they pay rent on the building and keep all profits from the pro shop.