• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Japan Open

Thanks guys

I want Feldy to win just because he always comes so close lately and fails, but honestly Paul is only two strokes back and closing in on the lead... I'd be kind of surprised if he doesn't win.

I really don't have anyone I "want" to win. I just want to see some good golf. Maybe a big Come-from-Behind win, just for hype, but these are all fantastic players. I just want to see some video.

i like how the twitter feed is just posting instagram pics.. seriously

Looks like an interesting 4th round with crazy conditions. Lead card scores 55 McBeth, 55 Wysocki, 57 Locastro, 59 Feldberg. Wysocki leads by two over Nikko and McBeth. I can imagine someone on the chase card may have shot better. And my two month old son helped me check updates a couple times that round. Thanks!

Seems to be some controversy about whether or not Nikko went OB on #6 in round 4. Wysocki and Nikko and the TD went back out in the rain to review the hole, but Feldy and McBeast stayed behind. Something about painted lines and grass. This is why string is by far a better OB marker. So Nikko either shoots 57 or 59... and last I heard, it's still not clear.

Seems to be some controversy about whether or not Nikko went OB on #6 in round 4. Wysocki and Nikko and the TD went back out in the rain to review the hole, but Feldy and McBeast stayed behind. Something about painted lines and grass. This is why string is by far a better OB marker. So Nikko either shoots 57 or 59... and last I heard, it's still not clear.
String not necessarily better. Its position moves around with wind and players walking on it. Plus, it can break leaving you with no line at all.

All I know is I have a few buddies playing and while they are not at the tip pity top, all but one have a serious chance of cashing (especially since two are in the Masters pool and one is in the Grandmasters pool).

The central theme they are telling me though is that they are having a blast playing the event, and they don't care how they finish. Very cool to hear.

On a side note, an unidentified player was ejected from the tournament for cursing and throwing a clipboard at another player. Sounds like he was the only one not having a great time at the Japan Open.

One other note from my buddy Conor (Mr. Butler ton on here) seems like a few of his discs didn't make weight. Of course, it's on him as a player to check first, but it's kind of lame when discs labeled as 155 grams are over 160. He's still shooting decently though.

I wish nikko had stuck with gateway /mixed bag, he'd have at least one major by now.

Edit: another major, usdgc x1

He also won the 2008 Japan Open. Do some research before making these senseless claims lol

I wish nikko had stuck with gateway /mixed bag, he'd have at least one major by now.

Edit: another major, usdgc x1

He still has a mixed bag, especially in Japan.

The only guys in the top 10 that don't have an Innova disc in the bag for this tournament are Doss and Feldberg.

lol at all the pros doing the japanese stereotype voice. That's got to be well received by the locals.

Cost

Wonder what people's budget for this trip would be? I would like to see actual costs for lodging, airfare, food really is. Would love to smash discs on this course all day.

Latest posts