• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Lexington (KY) Open and Shillito Shootout

MeyattP

2014 Lexington Open 16 Presented by Big Hyzer Bag Co.
April 26-27, 2014

PDGA B-Tier Event; $1000 added to pro divisions!

All PDGA Divisions Offered (minimum 4 players per division, with the exception for women and juniors)

3 rounds of 18 holes at 3 different courses; In addition there will be a final 9 for top 50% in all pro divisions (must have 6 players to qualify)

Cost:
All Pro- $65
Adv/Int/Rec Men- $40
Adv/Int/Rec Women- $30
Novice- $30 (Trophy Only; expanded player pack)
Junior- $25 (Trophy Only, expanded player pack)

Additional $10 for all non-PDGA Members (no extra fee for Juniors)

On-line Registration Closes Wednesday, April 23, 11:30pm

Final Day of In Person Registration Friday, April 25 (at the Shillito Shootout- see below)
No Registration Day of Tournament- any special circumstances please contact TD

Players Packs for every amateur:
First 50 ams registered get a Mindwarp custom dyed tournament stamped premium disc
After that, premium tourney stamped disc without the dye
Every player (ams and pros) that register before Sunday, April 6th at midnight will receive a tournament T-shirt
Online signup:
http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Lexington_Open_16_Presented_by_Big_Hyzer_Bag_Co_2014

2014 Shillito Shootout
Friday, April 25, 2014

PDGA C-Tier Event/Flex Start/Amateur only

$20 for all divisions

Additional $10 for all non-PDGA Members (no extra fee for Juniors)

Each player plays a single round, 18 holes, at Shillito Park.
The tournament will be continually running tee times from 10 AM - 5:30 PM, with only in-person registration available.
As soon as 3-4 players have assembled, that group starts out on the course.

Each entry gets their choice of basic plastic disc, with the option to pay more and upgrade.

Also Friday Random Draw Doubles and Saturday Player Party- more details to follow!

Any questions about the weekend of events please post or call Matt 828-273-7024

Thanks to our presenting sponsor Big Hyzer Bag Co., we are pleased to announce the following prizes for winners of the following divisions:
Advanced Mens- Ergo2
Intermediate Mens- Ergo2
Recreational Mens- 8 Frame Disc Sports Bag

Check out the bags here!
https://www.bighyzerbags.com/

Boom! I'm super excited to be a part of the tournament this year. This should be one of the best B tier experiences of the year. Check out my page in the links for some of the dyes that you will see there this year.

Announcing 3 opportunities to win prizes during the Lexington Open 16!

Round 1- win your card, in a drawing for an Innova DISCatcher Basket (this round prize is am only)
Round 2- win your card, win an Innova CFR disc courtesy of upcoming PDGA B-Tier Wildcat Open 2 (Riney B; August 30 &31) http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17115
Round 3- every card ctp (hole TBA), win a Gateway putter!

Already signed up! Super pumped for this tournament, love the prizes for winning your card! :clap: :D

how do you do payouts for the shootout on Friday a friend and I are thinking about coming down just for that. will we have to hang around or do they get mailed?

Payouts for the Shootout are available that Friday evening after the final card is turned in. That is most likely around 7 or so, as the last card goes out at 5:30. But if there is no one from that division on the course at that time the payout can be done at 5:30. Generally, some stay around for payout, others (who are also playing the LO) wait until Sunday awards where the remainders are handed out. We can also send payouts with a trusted friend playing the LO that might know you or sending in the mail is also an option, although for simplicity the earlier options are preferred. But I will be happy to work with what works best for you!

We also will have a $5 random draw doubles at Veterans Park at 6pm on Friday. 100% of that goes towards immediate cash payout.

Last edited:
Yes. Am payout for the Shillito Shootout is discs, etc. We are offering for the first time pro divisions of the Shootout for cash payout, but no added cash for this as all of our added cash is going towards the pros in the Lexington Open.

Does anyone know if we will be playing one of the rounds at Jacobson Park? I wasn't sure whether it would be tournament ready in time or not. It's a fun course though!

Yes.... one round will be at Jacobson Park. We are working on getting it ready now. As a new course, it will not have all of the amenities as more well-established courses... but it already plays like one of the best courses in the state.

Yes.... one round will be at Jacobson Park. We are working on getting it ready now. As a new course, it will not have all of the amenities as more well-established courses... but it already plays like one of the best courses in the state.

Awesome! It definitely does play like one of the best courses in the state, looking forward to it then! :hfive:

Goose!
I'll be in town Thursday around 3pm and planning on checking out my baby (the new one ) I plan on throwing some, of course. Will there be league that night and if so where?
Friday I'll probably walk Riney and Vets to see how the new pins play out then play the Shoot Out then Dubs at Jacobson later that afternoon.

I am pretty sure that Dubs will be at Shillito as always on Thursday... I have school crap until about 4 I believe. Should be free after that to get a round in somewhere... or just putting and field practice. Get at me.

Can't wait to watch them pros duke it out on Sunday! Brad Schick is returning this year. Would love to see some other great pros come out.

Latest posts