• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Midwest Amateur Championships - PDGA B Tier - Kansas City - August 2/3

scottreek

Bogey Member
Welcome to the 2nd Midwest Amateur Championship held in Kansas City on August 2 and 3rd, 2014. This is a PDGA B Tier event and is designed to give a professional atmosphere for an Amateur Only Event.

1 round each day on a Tee Time format. Waterworks and Rosedale Disc Golf Course will be used and set up in their championship positions.

This year we will once again have a killer players package and Tall Grass Brewery is on board as our title players package sponsor.

$50 for all Amateur Divisions
$40 for Recreational (Trophy only)

Registration will open for this event on May 8th and based on last years registration, it will fill fast.

You can register online or
Dynamic Discs - Kansas City
2854 W 47th Ave
Kansas City, KS 66103

Online Registration (opens May 8th)

Current Pre Reg List

Rosedale Disc Golf Course (KCFDC)
http://kcfdc.org/disc-golf-courses/kansas/rosedale-park/

Rosedale Disc Golf Course (DGCourseReview)
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1778

Waterworks Disc Golf Course (KCFDC)
http://kcfdc.org/disc-golf-courses/missouri/waterworks-park/

Waterworks Disc Golf Course (DGCourseReview)
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=86

Registration is officially Open!!

http://dynamicdiscs.com/disc-golf-tournaments/2014/midwest-amateur-championship.html

Midwest-Amateur-ChampionshipL.jpg

A few more registrations are in and updated.

Current players pack:
Dynamic Disc
Latitude 64 Disc
Westside Disc
Dynamic Discs Skate Shoes
Dri Fit T-Shirt
Dymax Mini Marker
Entry to the Tall Grass Players Party
Custom Event Sticker
Mini Mechanical Golf Pencil
Tall Grass Koozie

Win your card prizes for both rounds
Random Drawings for players throughout the weekend

and we are still 2 months away, so who knows what else we will add to the event, but you have to be registered in order to play and be apart of this awesome event.

This sounds great. This may be a dumb question, but what kind of accomodations are there close by?

There are several hotels in the area as this is towards the downtown area of Kansas City. The zip for this area is 66103, if you need to search within that area.

Current fundraiser discs for the 2014 Midwest Amateur Championships.
$20
Lucid Moonshine Enforcer
Green Moonshine Truth
Gold LIne Scythe
$15
Lucid Enforcer
Black Lucid Air Escapes
$16
Fuzion Judge.
$3 to ship if needed.

10299510_702033033166368_6598952881999532050_n.jpg

If my wife comes to this with me just to walk with me and hang out, will there be a problem with her coming to the players party?

typically in a DD tourney the top 3 finishers in the rec division will get a trophy of some sort (dyemax trophy disc or canvas print) whereas other am divisions get merchandise credit to their stores

Yeah I don't expect to win, I am just going down to have a fun weekend with the wife, and get to play some disc golf with a nice players pack.

you will definitely have a good time, the courses are really fun and yea....that players pack is pretty sweet!

Hey guys/gals,

Does anyone know what days the Advanced division will be playing Water Works and/or Rosedale.

Lastly, is it the top or down under layout for Rosedale?

It will definitely be up top for Rosedale, although I don't know that Scott has planned out the specific schedule yet. He's been out of town recently (he got married!), but he should be back to work hammering out the final details soon, I'd imagine.

All the divisions are playing Rosedale and Waterworks. I know the CC of a Waterworks has been talking to be about my sadistic love of rope, so there may be some added challenge at Works.

We are officially 1 month away from the Midwest Amateur Championships and registration is picking up. I have had 10 registrations in the last 24 hours. There will not be any day of registration, online registration will end on July 31st.

Which division

Hi I've been thinking about playing this tournament as these are my two courses I play almost every day. This would be my first tournament and I'm not sure which division to enter. At water works I can shoot a 0 for the round easily and if making all my putts I can shot -2 or 3. At rosedale close to the same. Which division would be appropriate? Thanks for the help

Nearly 150 registered players. Below is how many are left for each division. The amount per division could change based on registrations come in. This is just as of today (7/3/14)

Advanced Men - MA1 (59)
Intermediate Men - MA2 (19)
Recreational Men - MA3 (25)
Amateur Masters - MM1 (36)
Amateur GrandMasters - MG1 (7)
Advanced Women - FW1 (11)
Intermediate Women - FW2 (8)

Over half of the Midwest Amateur Championship spots have been pre registered for, courses are getting set and players packs are being put together. Are you registered yet?

So the wife and I are traveling down from MN to play in this. Anyone want and good MN beers in trade for some stuff I can't get in MN?

Did this last year at BG Ams and it was great.

Latest posts