• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Wouldn't mind an in the bag with Max Nichols. Always interesting to see what lefties are carrying since they are forced to shape shots more often when playing older courses.

Nikko would also be interesting. Ever since he left Gateway nobody really knows what he's throwing. Obviously it's all Prodigy now since he has to, but would be interesting to see what he stuck with and why.

I like the format you guys use for your tourney videos so can't think of anything to add at the moment.

So my buddy Derek and I will be filming the Wintertime Open at Oak Grove in Pasadena on Sunday (2 cam lead card).

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16433

Does anyone have ideas on how to make the videos better?

Anyone you want an in the bag with?

Anyone you want interviewed? (Feel free to suggest questions)

Or really anything else, I'm open to ideas. If there's something you guys would do filming wise at a tourney, that I'm not doing, let me know! Always trying to make better vids for you guys.

Thanks!

Ian / CCDG

How much do I need to paypal you guys to film my card for the 1st or 2nd round, considering my chances of being in the lead card Sunday are slim? Or to be able to give a shout out to my Wife and kids? :D

Thanks for all your efforts, I watch the vids religiously.

Honestly I think the only thing CCDG could add to their production are things that are absurdly expensive for a couple guys that are covering tournaments in their free time.

Things like copter-camera and 300mm telephoto lenses.

I will say that having a pro doing commentary with you guys is a HUGE bonus. Especially when said pro is part of the card being shown.

If you could get McBeth to do a running commentary during a tournament round I think it would be a massive hit. Dave Dunipace... let the man do some commentary!

Or really anything else, I'm open to ideas. If there's something you guys would do filming wise at a tourney, that I'm not doing, let me know! Always trying to make better vids for you guys.

Thanks!

Ian / CCDG

Love it when you put the disc being thrown in text and when it's commented on.

Definitely do the Pro commentaries when you are able, offers awesome insight.

ITBs
Kyle Eckman
McBride's (now that he's Legacy, that would be cool)

Wouldn't mind an in the bag with Max Nichols. Always interesting to see what lefties are carrying since they are forced to shape shots more often when playing older courses.

Nikko would also be interesting. Ever since he left Gateway nobody really knows what he's throwing. Obviously it's all Prodigy now since he has to, but would be interesting to see what he stuck with and why.

I like the format you guys use for your tourney videos so can't think of anything to add at the moment.

Plus 1 for in the bag Max Nichols!

I really appreciate when you identify the disc prior to the shot. I know this is dependent on the player getting you the info, but it adds a special touch to the video. Keep up your great work!

Last edited:
I've wanted to add some player 'interviews' during the round in my videos. Maybe catch a quick question about their strategy or changes they feel they need to make after watching how things have progressed. Hopefully I'll be able to get some with JohnE McCray and Jared Roan this Sunday in McKinney on some of the typical back up holes.

I've wanted to add some player 'interviews' during the round in my videos. Maybe catch a quick question about their strategy or changes they feel they need to make after watching how things have progressed. Hopefully I'll be able to get some with JohnE McCray and Jared Roan this Sunday in McKinney on some of the typical back up holes.

If you tried to interview me during the round, you would walk away thinking I was not a very nice person. Even with guys as nice as Jared and JohnE, you better be sure that pros want your camera in their mug when they're trying to focus.

please don't do this. no top pro would want this during their round. wait till after when not only will they have more time but can focus and answer your questions better

I really would love to see in the bag videos from Koling, Wysocki, and Locastro since theyre all prodigy now.

How much do I need to paypal you guys to film my card for the 1st or 2nd round, considering my chances of being in the lead card Sunday are slim? Or to be able to give a shout out to my Wife and kids? :D

Thanks for all your efforts, I watch the vids religiously.

Thanks for watching! Do your wife and kids watch too? You can definitely give them a shoutout!, just come find me at some point.

I talked to Mrs. CCDG and she gave me the ok to film Saturday too. As for filming your first round make me an offer! (I'll also need to know who you are :p) If you happen to get put on McBeast's card I'll do it for free.

Thanks for the feedback, and suggestions guys! I agree with Lukebutch on the in round interviews though. I feel like interviewing them during the round is just a bit too intrusive for my taste. If they offer it up, I'll record, but I won't ask.

I'll definitely try to get an in the bag with Max Nichols, and Kyle Eckmann. Maybe even Nikko if I'm feeling brave, hopefully he's in a good mood...

I also keep up with the disc selection, and pro commentaries when I can. The disc selection is really up to the pros. I hit them up on FB, if they get back to me (McBeth is ****in awesome about this btw) I'll include it, if they don't, and I don't know their bag there's not much I can do.

Dave Dunipace commentary would be cool! I'm down if he is.

If anyone wants to help me film the 2nd round Saturday let me know, I'll hook you up with a CCDG dyemax disc, or a dyemax disc of your choice. I'm also going to try to play a round Saturday after the 2nd round if there's time, if anyone wants to join me that would be awesome.

Thanks for the feedback, and suggestions guys! I agree with Lukebutch on the in round interviews though. I feel like interviewing them during the round is just a bit too intrusive for my taste. If they offer it up, I'll record, but I won't ask.

I'll definitely try to get an in the bag with Max Nichols, and Kyle Eckmann. Maybe even Nikko if I'm feeling brave, hopefully he's in a good mood...

I also keep up with the disc selection, and pro commentaries when I can. The disc selection is really up to the pros. I hit them up on FB, if they get back to me (McBeth is ****in awesome about this btw) I'll include it, if they don't, and I don't know their bag there's not much I can do.

Dave Dunipace commentary would be cool! I'm down if he is.

If anyone wants to help me film the 2nd round Saturday let me know, I'll hook you up with a CCDG dyemax disc, or a dyemax disc of your choice. I'm also going to try to play a round Saturday after the 2nd round if there's time, if anyone wants to join me that would be awesome.

Always look forward to your edits... thanks so much for all your efforts!

Don't be scared of Nikko. He's one of the nicer guys on tour. He gets mad at himself and throws fits, but that's all on him. He's always nice to others.

If there's something you guys would do filming wise at a tourney, that I'm not doing, let me know! Always trying to make better vids for you guys.

Hey Ian - Firstly, I think you guys do a great job. One of the things I particularly like about most of your videos is that the commentators clearly know the course, and have apparently done a fair amount of research on places you don't want to be on various holes. :p

I realize that this suggestion is not practical when you commentate lcgm8 videos, but if you are filming in person at a course that you haven't played much, can you squeeze in a round or three either before or after the tournament? Hands-on experience with a course gives the commentary a certain immediacy ("Ahh, I hit that jerk branch and kicked way down the ravine. Took me three shots to get out."

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for watching! Do your wife and kids watch too? You can definitely give them a shoutout!, just come find me at some point.

I talked to Mrs. CCDG and she gave me the ok to film Saturday too. As for filming your first round make me an offer! (I'll also need to know who you are :p) If you happen to get put on McBeast's card I'll do it for free.

Yeah my Son plays and watches, and loves the commentary.
I'll send you a pm.

If you tried to interview me during the round, you would walk away thinking I was not a very nice person. Even with guys as nice as Jared and JohnE, you better be sure that pros want your camera in their mug when they're trying to focus.

I don't know about this. They interview many professional athletes in the midst of competition. Pro golfers included at some events. I think with proper pre arrangement, you might find some willing participants. There are guys out there loose enough to not let a 20 second interview toss them off their game.

Thanks for your work - I have enjoyed watching the recent videos. I really appreciate the fact that you put the disc name on the screen. Hole info signs are a must as well.

I would like it if you had text saying Birdie, Par, etc when they make their putt, that would be helpful.

I guess having non-commentary versions are a great option. I haven't minded the commentators too much.

Keep up the great work!

Latest posts