• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

It's a bit painful to wait but in the course of refreshing his youtube page I stumbled on that Asheville urban skins video. That is at the same time really cool, and pretty wild. Awseome to have such a big event all about disc golf and with so many involved spectators. Wild in the discs blasting cars and wizzing by spectators who are diving out of the way. My favoriate part was when the disc almost hits the cop car. I laughed thinking that the person just said to themself "screw that basket how often can I blast a black and white with a max weight destroyer?"

From Mcflysohigh's FB page:

Update: Through no fault of my own, you guys won't be able to watch the 1st round of the Memorial until later today. After the round, I went immediately back to the room and blazed through editing in record time. But unfortunately the speed at which the video is uploading to YouTube is atrocious at the place I'm staying. I have learned a valuable lesson: Never stay at a budget hotel/inn while I'm filming disc golf. By nature I'm a very frugal person, and I have an obligation to spend my sponsor dollars wisely, but this is unacceptable. If you feel disappointed in the delay, multiply that by a thousand--that's how I feel right now. But, rest assured, I'm very pleased with the footage I shot yesterday, and I think you will be, too (in due time). I appreciate everyone's patience!

I was afraid of that. The internet even in nice hotels can be horrible depending on where your room is. Would be cool 21st century internet networking if someone nearby to the course heard this and was able to provide a fast connection for future days.

No matter though. Will just mean watching everything a day later.

It's a bit painful to wait but in the course of refreshing his youtube page I stumbled on that Asheville urban skins video. That is at the same time really cool, and pretty wild. Awseome to have such a big event all about disc golf and with so many involved spectators. Wild in the discs blasting cars and wizzing by spectators who are diving out of the way. My favoriate part was when the disc almost hits the cop car. I laughed thinking that the person just said to themself "screw that basket how often can I blast a black and white with a max weight destroyer?"

I remember thinking the same thing when I watched that video. Totally a unique experience. I'd love to be around for something like that, let alone play in it.

try the wifi at mcdonalds lol

his last videos were awesome. i can wait. but yeah thats what i thinking. go to the local coffee shop or plenty of restaurants or stores. i know a few that has them, but then again i havent been to that area of the world and they might not have any stores within quite a few miles of that. oh well im sure it will be worth the wait

It takes longer than I think anyone would want to sit at McDonalds (or a coffee house) to upload videos as long as his. For the GCC, he was probably starting his uploads the night before.

From Mcflysohigh's FB page:

Update: Through no fault of my own, you guys won't be able to watch the 1st round of the Memorial until later today. After the round, I went immediately back to the room and blazed through editing in record time. But unfortunately the speed at which the video is uploading to YouTube is atrocious at the place I'm staying. I have learned a valuable lesson: Never stay at a budget hotel/inn while I'm filming disc golf. By nature I'm a very frugal person, and I have an obligation to spend my sponsor dollars wisely, but this is unacceptable. If you feel disappointed in the delay, multiply that by a thousand--that's how I feel right now. But, rest assured, I'm very pleased with the footage I shot yesterday, and I think you will be, too (in due time). I appreciate everyone's patience!

Not surprising. A 30-minute video at high definition can take many hours to post at even the fastest speeds.

I'm not concerned. It's certainly not Marty's fault. And I don't know that most of the nicest hotels have internet speeds that will allow for vastly faster uploads anyway.

Someone should tell him that nicer hotels don't mean faster internet, if nobody has already. Would be a shame to see him spend the extra $$ for a nicer hotel and get the same results.

Small coffee shops and/or restaurants with WiFi are usually better, as mentioned here.

I use my phone's hotspot (Verizon) - always have blazing fast internet wherever I go. Unlimited data as well. Galaxy S4 with a quad processor - so good I use it as my home internet connection. I pretty much never use anyone's WiFi.

I can take my laptop anywhere anytime and connect.

Someone should tell him that nicer hotels don't mean faster internet, if nobody has already. Would be a shame to see him spend the extra $$ for a nicer hotel and get the same results.

Small coffee shops and/or restaurants with WiFi are usually better, as mentioned here.

I bet one of the local players with a good broadband connection would be happy to let him come over and plug in an ethernet cable for an hour, I know I would for a tournament in my area.

I use my phone's hotspot (Verizon) - always have blazing fast internet wherever I go. Unlimited data as well. Galaxy S4 with a quad processor - so good I use it as my home internet connection. I pretty much never use anyone's WiFi.

I can take my laptop anywhere anytime and connect.

How do you have a verizon hot spot, especially if its 4G, with unlimited Data..?? They cap most of those at 5GB for $50 and up from there.

How do you have a verizon hot spot, especially if its 4G, with unlimited Data..?? They cap most of those at 5GB for $50 and up from there.

I read him as saying his phone has unlimited data and that he uses it as a hotspot. If he's been with Verizon long enough, he may have a plan from back when they had unlimited data as an option, and it's been grandfathered in.

I read him as saying his phone has unlimited data and that he uses it as a hotspot. If he's been with Verizon long enough, he may have a plan from back when they had unlimited data as an option, and it's been grandfathered in.

I have had Verizon forever, including all of the 3G unlimited plans they used to offer with hot spot, but with 4G they did away with all grandfathered clauses and such. I was curious so I could raise he!! with Verizon on my 10GB hot spot that I use for work and such. And regardless if it is a tethered phone you use as a hot spot they still have limitations on that, who do I hunt down!! :)

Sorrry for the thread jack

Just cause you can download fast doesn't mean you can upload. I bet somebody local (business or home) would be glad to help him out. Plug that cable in at the hotel, Marty!

I have had Verizon forever, including all of the 3G unlimited plans they used to offer with hot spot, but with 4G they did away with all grandfathered clauses and such. I was curious so I could raise he!! with Verizon on my 10GB hot spot that I use for work and such. And regardless if it is a tethered phone you use as a hot spot they still have limitations on that, who do I hunt down!! :)

Sorrry for the thread jack

I was forced out of unlimited data with my last phone upgrade. I think the only way now is with an old plan, and no phone discount, meaning you buy your phone at full price without re-upping the contract for two years.

Latest posts