• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

These two above are probably the best commentary I've lately seen on a tourney video. Love having EMac on there, as he not only remembers the round, but definitely knows the course and explains nearly every nook and cranny. Also very positive towards the other players and the great shots they make. The sound of their commentary is excellent, very clean and radio-like, good depth.

THIS is how you do commentary! The filming is excellent too, with multiple camera angles and good transitions.

Although that looked like one of the most righty-friendly courses I've ever seen....hyzer....hyzer skip shot....hyzer....hyzer skip shot.....short hyzer.....long hyzer.....repeat...

These two above are probably the best commentary I've lately seen on a tourney video. Love having EMac on there, as he not only remembers the round, but definitely knows the course and explains nearly every nook and cranny. Also very positive towards the other players and the great shots they make. The sound of their commentary is excellent, very clean and radio-like, good depth.

THIS is how you do commentary! The filming is excellent too, with multiple camera angles and good transitions.

Agreed, they probably have developed a good repertoire from the podcast they do together. Always been a fan of Emac.

Although that looked like one of the most righty-friendly courses I've ever seen....hyzer....hyzer skip shot....hyzer....hyzer skip shot.....short hyzer.....long hyzer.....repeat...

Now what's wrong with that? :p

Yeah man! Partnered with Ian, you gonna make it down?

Sure will. Not excited about the alt tees and pins, but I still love Schaupp and the course. Excited to see everyone in the Upstate Club again.

My buddy Ian (Squirrel Party Disc Golf), was out filming at the DD Kan-U-WyCo this weekend. Filmed our Advanced card 1st round, and the MPO lead card (with Eric McCabe) for the 2nd round.

Until he gets the footage up in the next week or so-

(Yes, that's me)

EDIT: No, I haven't seen the other camera angle yet.

Sure will. Not excited about the alt tees and pins, but I still love Schaupp and the course. Excited to see everyone in the Upstate Club again.

Dude's an evil genius on those layouts man. I heard rumor of an alt hole that would play from 2's pad to 3's alt position lol

Who's your partner?

I'm actually pretty impressed with EMacs commentary. Not just that he knows the game and the courses, that would be obvious. But he actually shows some personality and seems like he has fun doing it.

I contrast it with the commentary Peter McBride did with Central Coast a couple of times. Even though I'm sure Pete knew the courses and game totally fun, he didn't seem comfortable doing the commentary. It also seemed like he wasn't sure what to say. Nothing against Peter, I'm sure most Pro Players would be that way, especially younger guys like him.

^^ Totally agree. Emac's commentating is the most professional that I have heard. The other commentator seems like a nice enough guy but adds nothing to the video.

I'm actually pretty impressed with EMacs commentary. Not just that he knows the game and the courses, that would be obvious. But he actually shows some personality and seems like he has fun doing it.

I contrast it with the commentary Peter McBride did with Central Coast a couple of times. Even though I'm sure Pete knew the courses and game totally fun, he didn't seem comfortable doing the commentary. It also seemed like he wasn't sure what to say. Nothing against Peter, I'm sure most Pro Players would be that way, especially younger guys like him.

To be fair, Eric is a 30 something year old World Champion, face of DD, does media stuff on the regular, and Peter is a 17 year old shy kid. He was also the 3rd person, whereas Emac was the 2nd. It's a lot easier to get a word in edgewise with 2 people.

To be fair, Eric is a 30 something year old World Champion, face of DD, does media stuff on the regular, and Peter is a 17 year old shy kid. He was also the 3rd person, whereas Emac was the 2nd. It's a lot easier to get a word in edgewise with 2 people.

:hfive: Emac is a grown ass man with tons of background work which allows him to be comfortable likely with ANYHING dg related. He's always been huge with DD too'

Obviously you can tell Pete is a really cool and nice kid who is trying to come up in the DG world.

Two different guys doing great stuff for DG!

:hfive: Emac is a grown ass man with tons of background work which allows him to be comfortable likely with ANYHING dg related. He's always been huge with DD too'

Obviously you can tell Pete is a really cool and nice kid who is trying to come up in the DG world.

Two different guys doing great stuff for DG!

:hfive:

If I had to pick two people to do commentary on disc golf, possibly dgplanet.tv style...it would be Terry Miller and Emac. They are old enough to embrace the seriousness of it while still being young enough to relate to the audience and the players. I love listening to Terry's commentary and Emac's take on holes, players, and sponsers are great.

P.S. no offense to CCDG...I think you guys do a great job too. :)

Last edited:
Billy Crump needs to come back for a surprise appearance on one of these.

He always had the best lines that usually include an obscure disc golf term i've never heard before.