• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

Here's something a little different. You know this guy Ville Piippo who throws forehand a lot? Here's how he tears up a pretty tough track in southern Finland. If only those putts stuck. But the drives? He makes some of those holes look ridiculously easy, which they aren't. Zero tree hits on this course is madness.:thmbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtGHePhHNa0

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for videos of this guy for a while. He has the most interesting form I have seen and kept telling a buddy of mine about it but couldn't find video. Now I finally have something to show him.

How you progressing Royale? we are starving over here :)

Round 2 and Round 3 Part 1 started uploading around 7am and 7:45. It said 800 minutes when I left for work. Round 3 Part 2 was rendering when I left for work. I'll start the upload as soon as I get home.

Sorry I couldn't get them out earlier. After an exhausting weekend with little sleep, I passed out on the couch last night mid edit. I did finish it when I came to at 3 am though, so there's that. I can't wait for you guys to see the vids. Some really awesome disc golf. O and I got some 2nd cam angles on the last round too.

Round 2 and Round 3 Part 1 started uploading around 7am and 7:45. It said 800 minutes when I left for work. Round 3 Part 2 was rendering when I left for work. I'll start the upload as soon as I get home.

Sorry I couldn't get them out earlier. After an exhausting weekend with little sleep, I passed out on the couch last night mid edit. I did finish it when I came to at 3 am though, so there's that. I can't wait for you guys to see the vids. Some really awesome disc golf. O and I got some 2nd cam angles on the last round too.

Awesome!

Thanks for all the hard work

Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for videos of this guy for a while. He has the most interesting form I have seen and kept telling a buddy of mine about it but couldn't find video. Now I finally have something to show him.

Duder should try putting forehand. He was strugglin.

Never ever feel like you have to apologize for not getting these videos out sooner. It's hard work and you're giving it to us for free. Anyone who would hold having to wait another day against you doesn't deserve the dignity of an apology anyway.

Thanks as always for your efforts.

Here's something a little different. You know this guy Ville Piippo who throws forehand a lot? Here's how he tears up a pretty tough track in southern Finland. If only those putts stuck. But the drives? He makes some of those holes look ridiculously easy, which they aren't. Zero tree hits on this course is madness.:thmbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtGHePhHNa0

I thought Ville injured his shoulder? I take it he's feeling better now?

Never ever feel like you have to apologize for not getting these videos out sooner. It's hard work and you're giving it to us for free. Anyone who would hold having to wait another day against you doesn't deserve the dignity of an apology anyway.

I'll second that! My wife was getting anxious to watch Round 2 yesterday and I told her you guys basically do this for nothing - she couldn't believe it.

I'll second that! My wife was getting anxious to watch Round 2 yesterday and I told her you guys basically do this for nothing - she couldn't believe it.
I'll have a heart attack the day my wife gets anxious to watch more disc golf vids. :thmbup:

I, on the other hand, checked CDG's youtube feed first thing this morning.

Awesome!

Thanks for all the hard work

You bet!

Thanks man, I really appreciate that :)

People can get a little crazy about their DG vids. Which is kind of a double edged sword. I love the passion and the fans, but at the same time the comments from some people that I'm dragging my feet getting the other rounds out kind of annoy me when I'm spending every second I can on this.

This was my weekend:

Leave San Diego at 8 pm Thursday, drive to Paso Robles, get in at 2 am.

Leave Paso at 8 am, get to DeLa, and immediately start filming a Masters Card, until the super group started. Filmed that until it was done.

Right after that (6pm) head to Ben's house to edit and commentate the first round. With Ricky and Bradley watching which was kinda fun. Finished at midnight, drove to where I was staying. Stayed up until 2 to finish editing, and adding the commentary. Started to render the vid, set my alarm for 5 am to start the upload. Sleep for maybe 2 more hours, and then up at 7. Head to the course at noon, and film the MPO lead card.

After that's done, editing 2nd day MPO coverage until 1 am. Way too late and tired for a commentary, so I save it for the morning.

Sunday AM, bust out a commentary, and do what editing I can before I head to the course. I tried to get up a vid, but with the editing time, rendering time, and upload time it wasn't gonna happen.

Film the MPO lead card, drive back to Paso, getting in a 10 pm. The wife had the baby all weekend, so I took him that night (read ****ty sleep).

Up at 5 to catch a train back to San Diego. Edit the entire train ride. Get home, do more editing, until Garrett comes over for commentary. Bust out an hour of commentary. Chat for 30 minutes with G, then back to editing.

Pass out around 11 I think? Wake up at 3 am, finish editing, start rendering. Set alarm for 7 am to start upload, and start another render. Wake up again at 8, start the next upload, and the next render, and then go to my actual job lol.

What a crazy weekend. Wouldn't trade it for anything though :)

I really appreciate all the awesome feedback you guys give, it really makes my day:hfive:

True story. I need more sponsors... I'm paying myself like 10 cents an hour at this point :p (If I'm even making money...) Not to mention I had to take a vacation day yesterday.

This

and the first part of this

Thanks for the update Royale!!!:hfive:

You bet :)

Mega thankful. It's almost midnight on the other side of the world and I'm waiting to see my favorite player throw.

Take your time, although I am antsy I can wait. You do incredible work. I live in San Jose and play De La as much as possible so I will probably end up watching each of these rounds a dozen plus times just to see what the pros do on these holes. Thanks for all you do!

It's just a tomahawk/hammer throw that pancakes flat in order to skip safely along the grass. He probably had a branch up high so his only shot was to throw something low that would scoot.

I thought Ville injured his shoulder? I take it he's feeling better now?

AFAIK, his last injury was with his ankle/shin, due to falling off a concrete teepad and landing on the edge. :( But that was like a year ago. Feeling better? Well, I would say that he probably never will be completely injury-free but that doesnt stop him from playing and scoring well. :)

Latest posts