• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

That Eagle of Feldberg's in the final of the SDGO was crazy! If that hadn't gone in he was likely OB.

That Eagle of Feldberg's in the final of the SDGO was crazy! If that hadn't gone in he was likely OB.

Hell of a shot! It looks like Doss tried to go after the same line, only it got a little high on him and hit the hanging salad bar. That shot put him in sole possession of second.
Really well produced video.

the funny part is before this hole matt birdied something like 8 out of 9 in a row, then rob got him nailing that tree.

Hole #11 is weird??!!:|

I've played it and I agree it is unique. I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

It has 2 walls of trees on the fairway that create landing zones and are a pain to get out of. You have to go over them in order to reach the basket. The play is to land short of the first one and then either throw up before the next one or try and throw it over both to go for the eagle.

I have never played a hole like it before.

It has 2 walls of trees on the fairway that create landing zones and are a pain to get out of. You have to go over them in order to reach the basket. The play is to land short of the first one and then either throw up before the next one or try and throw it over both to go for the eagle.

14369011987_b60eedaa79.jpg

I agree completely. I've never played another hole quite like it.

High Country Finals

Some great players on the card from all over the Carolinas.

I was lost on how koling took a +5 on that hole.

Kinda not surprising that everyone else on the lead card stayed around to congratulate Dennis, yet Jeremy isn't seen after his last putt.

http://www.thehighcountrydiscgolfclub.com/disccourse/coursetour/11/index.html
Click the little red arrows for photos.

It's a unique hole design. All you guys who like to throw overhand on regular holes? Here's a hole that's actually designed for the overhand.
A nice placement shot from a difficult tee. Up and over the first bunker of trees. Up and over the second bunker of trees. Putt in your birdie. Of course, it never quite works out like that in actual play...

Berlin Open 2014

My first try for filming and cutting tigether a Final 9. Unfortunately my camera is 8 yeras old and wasn't even expensive back then. Just don't press 720p and then attack your computer because it won't get HD, it's not your computer... :popcorn:

Last edited:
http://www.thehighcountrydiscgolfclub.com/disccourse/coursetour/11/index.html
Click the little red arrows for photos.

It's a unique hole design. All you guys who like to throw overhand on regular holes? Here's a hole that's actually designed for the overhand.
A nice placement shot from a difficult tee. Up and over the first bunker of trees. Up and over the second bunker of trees. Putt in your birdie. Of course, it never quite works out like that in actual play...

I thought Ashe County had nets up to prevent OH's?

I thought Ashe County had nets up to prevent OH's?

Only on hole 16.

Which is a downhill tunnel shot around 260'.

Think Stoney Hill #12, the downhill tunnel shot where you have to cross the road --- all of the thumber shots you see there would be negated with some netting a la #16 at Ashe County.

But it's a lot trickier for the Sauls to install netting on that hole as there is little to attach to at the height that would be required, whereas Ashe 16 has plenty of canopy to install the nets on.

I love it. I don't think it's a bad thing at all. I'm sure Stan McDaniel/ Houck/ etc approve of forcing you to take the shot that the hole was designed for instead of negating the design and simply throwing over it.

Latest posts