• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

imgres

Last edited:
Noticed that as well. Looks like a noob, you know, the guy raised on wrist snapping a lid.

It is unique but it just goes to show you don't have to throw like everyone else to be 1000 rated. Just be comfortable with what you do.

It is unique but it just goes to show you don't have to throw like everyone else to be 1000 rated. Just be comfortable with what you do.

For sure, think about all the crazy styles we have all seen. I mean some crazy stuff, but often it is working for them.

do people even read the thread before posting?

I think that people should post the video title as their post title. That would make it easily searchable. I posted a dup vid a while back after searching the the key words and didn't find anything. Sometimes, it's easy to miss or to forget that a vid has been posted with no easy search format.

Maybe the mods would be thrilled with going and adding appropriate titles to each vid that's been posted. :D

Yeah I'm not knocking his form at all, just thought it hurt lol. His form had him on the lead card, 2 time world champion Johnny Sias was in that tournament that division and placed 5th I think

I looked at the last 3 pages of this forum and did not see it. For some reason people on this forum are so picky about something already being posted.

Note to self, get to Charlotte to play disc golf. Great looking course, must get even more challenging with foliage.

So that's Nevin, huh? Looks like a beautiful course, with lots of variety.

That's Nevin shorts. It's a bear.

Yea the longs can change the game a bit.

Like most videos, the course doesn't translate perfectly to the screen. Nevin is even better than it looks on camera(and you can't ask for much better than McFly). More challenging to be sure. Nevin is well known in Charlotte as being one of the most challenging courses here, especially from the longs, though the shorts are no walk in the park. It's also one of the favorites. You'll notice they don't throw one single shot from out in the open; every tee shot is a tree gap.
Nevin does a near perfect job of challenging the player without making you feel beat down. Far from easy, and if you get off the fairway you're certainly going to lose strokes, but it's a great track and one of the best to hit if you ever get to Charlotte.

Like most videos, the course doesn't translate perfectly to the screen. Nevin is even better than it looks on camera(and you can't ask for much better than McFly). More challenging to be sure. Nevin is well known in Charlotte as being one of the most challenging courses here, especially from the longs, though the shorts are no walk in the park. It's also one of the favorites. You'll notice they don't throw one single shot from out in the open; every tee shot is a tree gap.
Nevin does a near perfect job of challenging the player without making you feel beat down. Far from easy, and if you get off the fairway you're certainly going to lose strokes, but it's a great track and one of the best to hit if you ever get to Charlotte.

Nevin is definitely my favorite in Charlotte. I play it every time I visit. I broke into the 50s there once (56) playing the Worlds layout with old hole 11 and it made me feel like a superhero. Even though I fell flat on my face after hole 13 and pretty much took par on every hole to finish, it's still one of my most satisfying rounds in recent past. That course is challenging and very rewarding when you play well.

Final 9 Idle Hour Open featuring Will Schusterick and Kevin Bates. Apparently Bates is also on team prodigy? Boy does he throw (and look) a lot like Cameron Colglazier.

I was thinking the same thing. Even his pre throw routine is nearly identical. Kind of odd it didn't show the other 2 in the finals, but decent video none the less.

Chris Howard certainly has a unique throwing form.

Noticed that as well. Looks like a noob, you know, the guy raised on wrist snapping a lid.

For sure, think about all the crazy styles we have all seen. I mean some crazy stuff, but often it is working for them.

Yeah I'm not knocking his form at all, just thought it hurt lol. His form had him on the lead card, 2 time world champion Johnny Sias was in that tournament that division and placed 5th I think

I was a liitle surprised to see his throw.
He throws VERY similar to Stan McDaniel, and Stan is a World Champ.
There's no room on the scorecard for style or commentary.

I was a liitle surprised to see his throw.
He throws VERY similar to Stan McDaniel, and Stan is a World Champ.
There's no room on the scorecard for style or commentary.

Never really thought about it but they kind of do which Makes sense since they play together a ton.

I was thinking the same thing. Even his pre throw routine is nearly identical. Kind of odd it didn't show the other 2 in the finals, but decent video none the less.

Very odd to not see the other two. Crispin with Handeye Supply was also on this card. One hell of a golfer.

Very odd to not see the other two. Crispin with Handeye Supply was also on this card. One hell of a golfer.

Clearly Prodigy saw this as a promotional opportunity rather than a chance to give back to the DG community. Only showing us footage of the two prodigy sponsored players is very Discraftesque.

Latest posts