• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 USADGC

I will be in that area Wednesday night after the tourney for anyone that is either looking to play the course or another course in the area. Would be able to get there by 5-530

Which tournament Eco. DGLO or USADGC?

No matter what the course looks like I am excited to get out there. I have a few scratches on the body from the Russian Olives I ran into this past weekend. Not a fan, especially when they have thorns.

Didn't walk the entire course, but 3, 4, 12, 14 & 15 are far less threatening and don't require the accuracy they used to.
3 - rough on either side of the fairway thinned out to where a recovery shot could really make a run at the green.
4 - opened up wider lines with routes that weren't there before
12 - hitting the landing zone is less critical, much easier to get a good upshot to the green.
13 - not really affected that much.
14 - less foliage to obstruct drives, will result in more birdies.
15 - (like much of the course) is simply more forgiving of bad shots than it used to be.

I can add to this... I "played" the course on Tuesday.

They all have ZERO bushes. Holes that required finesse and accuracy no longer require that - think hole 6... no bushes. So much room for error now.

Baskets are in. Haven't played yet, but I drove by and saw it for myself. Asked someone coming off the course about new basket locations and he said there were 2 new locations, but couldn't remember what holes - someone else told me #4 was moved.

Played yesterday. Baskets 4 and 10 have been moved. 6's teebox appears to have been moved back.

Baskets are in. Haven't played yet, but I drove by and saw it for myself. Asked someone coming off the course about new basket locations and he said there were 2 new locations, but couldn't remember what holes - someone else told me #4 was moved.

Cant wait, all my dg for about the last year has been in preparation for this tourney. I played toboggan right after the awards ceremony for the DGLO last year and other than selah it was the best course iv ever played. Me and a couple buddies are coming down from TC and need to find a cheap room or a campground with shower/bathroom amenities in the area. If anybody has any input on this i would appreciate it.

No matter what the course looks like I am excited to get out there. I have a few scratches on the body from the Russian Olives I ran into this past weekend. Not a fan, especially when they have thorns.

im glad those invasive bushes are gone, i just hope some natural/native growth fills in some of void.

Based on scores from this weekend... looks like the course is playing 1.5 shots easier based on the ratings. 56 1013 this year, last year it was a 1027...

Based on scores from this weekend... looks like the course is playing 1.5 shots easier based on the ratings. 56 1013 this year, last year it was a 1027...

The average score will be much more than 1.5 strokes lower this year vs last. The course is still big, but now it's an easy big course. The place we will see the difference is not so much with the top players, because they would find a way to stay out of trouble even with the bushes, but the back of the field will stay closer to the lead without all the jail.

I decided to withdraw from the event for a variety of reasons, the main one being that I'm recovering from a sprained ankle, it's still a little weak/sore, but it has limited my practice to almost nil, and if I was going to make the trip and play, I wanted to be competitive.

The average score will be much more than 1.5 strokes lower this year vs last. The course is still big, but now it's an easy big course. The place we will see the difference is not so much with the top players, because they would find a way to stay out of trouble even with the bushes, but the back of the field will stay closer to the lead without all the jail.

Interesting though, the course record was not broken. I agree the, opening up of the course, will impact scoring separation vs lower scores at the top. To shoot near the course record, playing the fairway is necessary anyway. That record was not shot with many, if any recovery attempts. There is still plenty of trouble on Toboggan. I don't think I would call this course easy on any scale. Easier perhaps, but not easy.

I decided to withdraw from the event for a variety of reasons, the main one being that I'm recovering from a sprained ankle, it's still a little weak/sore, but it has limited my practice to almost nil, and if I was going to make the trip and play, I wanted to be competitive.

Sorry to hear that, but who can blame you? No one wants to be in a competitive situation and not be able to give it their best. Hope it heals well and quickly.

Bummer, 'cause I was hoping to meet you. :(

Are you guys ready to see a 14 year old win?
Are you referring to Izak McDonald?

Where are 4 and 10's basket moved to?
basically, they're a bit further up on the same hills... #4's is just a bit further back... #'10, considerably so.

#6 tee was moved back about 60 ft or so longer.

I think those were the only changes.

Last edited:
I could care less about ratings close to 1000. However you shouldn't be able to be sponsored and be an AM

I could care less about ratings close to 1000. However you shouldn't be able to be sponsored and be an AM

You could care less = You give a damn.
You couldn't care less = You don't give a damn.

I could care less when people say "I could care less", and what they mean is, "I couldn't care less".

Last edited:

Why? Is this like the NCAA where amateur players can't even hold jobs? That's essentially what sponsorship is, especially in this sport...you're a sales rep for the sponsor company. In exchange for being a walking talking billboard advertisement, you get some free stuff. You don't even necessarily need to be especially skilled at the game, just visible at your local course(s) and area tournaments. Anybody could do it, really.

Latest posts