• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Friday PM start is Noon for all pools - gives more time Friday evening to eat - watch finals of distance - set up the fly mart (a number of players had trouble playing and then setting up their booth).

I like this.

A couple of changes that have been noted (or not) from the published schedule and pool info on the web pages:

Friday PM start is Noon for all pools - gives more time Friday evening to eat - watch finals of distance - set up the fly mart (a number of players had trouble playing and then setting up their booth).

Pool I has been added for all women divisions and over 60 and over 70.
Only three rounds - Franklin (short) Friday Noon, Holler in the Hills Saturday (start at 10 am - plenty of time to commute and all the golf most players need in one day), Chalybete Sunday 8:30 am. Final 9 for top three for all these divisions as long as they have over 10 players competing for the weekend.
So I can assume the women and old dudes get a prorated entry fee since they are getting screwed out of a 4th round?

Well that lets more people in each of the other divisions. Around 180? in each of adv/int/rec. Holler is kinda rough for the seniors, though.

Last edited:
So I can assume the women and old dudes get a prorated entry fee since they are getting screwed out of a 4th round?

That is the definition of a loaded question. Adding the additional pool helps get more involved. Only one round on Saturday may be considered shorting but it is a cool course (that takes awhile to play) and has some distance to travel to it. Who knows, maybe next year, there will be a fourth round added to seniors if all goes well this year. HB is growing this thing as we speak. My wife is thrilled to be playing hollar and she will probably be back at the campsite on Saturday before the rest of the family. Everyone is not upset.

That is the definition of a loaded question. Adding the additional pool helps get more involved. Only one round on Saturday may be considered shorting but it is a cool course (that takes awhile to play) and has some distance to travel to it. Who knows, maybe next year, there will be a fourth round added to seniors if all goes well this year. HB is growing this thing as we speak. My wife is thrilled to be playing hollar and she will probably be back at the campsite on Saturday before the rest of the family. Everyone is not upset.

To add to this. I would give up one of my rounds to have Holler added to my pool.

Yup. My gf is pretty thrilled to be playing holler and chalybeate (we haven't played franklin before so indifferent on that one) she's already rubbing it in my face that she gets to go to holler, and she's ecstatic that she doesn't have to play ephram white. And I can say I'm a touch bummed that I don't get to play holler, but it won't detract from my experience at all.

Can you guys honestly say that you wouldn't feel like you were getting screwed if they decided rec and adv played 4 rounds and for some reason int only gets to play 3? But since it is only the old guys and women who cares right?

Can you guys honestly say that you wouldn't feel like you were getting screwed if they decided rec and adv played 4 rounds and for some reason int only gets to play 3? But since it is only the old guys and women who cares right?

It wouldn't bother me at all if i got to play Holler. I get your argument, was just stating my opinion as well.

Give us a break - can you honestly say you would be so indignant over this perceived injustice if the "cheated" division was not one that impacted you or your wife?

This is being done so that more people overall can play in this tournament, and there is at least some effort being made to offset the lack of a fourth round by getting to play Holler. Obviously it is the logistical issue that is largely responsible for this rather than some conscious effort to disenfranchise a group of disc golfers.

Try to look at the big picture, and if you think it is so bad then your options are pretty clear - this tournament will likely sell out whether you sign up or not.

Heck, I'm considering signing up just for the player's pack and playing no rounds...

I am sure holler is a great course (from reviews but havent played it) but is it even an appropriate course for all women's divisions?

Of course the reason I am complaining is bc it impacts my wife.....that doesn't change the fact that it is unfair.

Any why exactly did these particular groups get picked over others....I think we all know the reason.

Of course the reason I am complaining is bc it impacts my wife.....that doesn't change the fact that it is unfair.

Any why exactly did these particular groups get picked over others....I think we all know the reason.

That's right, the secret is out - we all hate women and old people.

I'm just four years from being a senior grandmaster at which time I too can whine about this blatant disregard for fairness and equality. I can't wait.

I suppose they could just as easily put the Grandmasters there, but that's about the only other option. Of course then you would complain that your wife has to play the harder courses this year. Face it - there's no option that you would have been happy with that would still allow them to accommodate the increased demand overall, which benefits everyone by putting more money in the prize pools.

Holler is not overly long and is extremely fun to play. The most difficult aspect to it is that it has a lot of elevation and can be harder to walk than some other courses, but I have played it along with two other courses in the same day and survived, and chances are quite good that your wife is in much better shape than I am...

The other thing that doesn't make any sense is why add 3 courses and only use them for one round each. If you do it that way you can only add one pool of players when clearly you have enough interest to add more. If you just added 2 new courses you could get rid of the travel problems of Holler and add 2 pools worth of players. The only difference would be depending on which division you added you might need to change the courses that division plays.....ie if the extra pool is all one division then rec wouldn't necessarily play the same 4 courses as int or you could split the extra pool between divisions if that makes more sense based on interest. Or if you still want to use Holler for one pool you use it only on Friday with tee times so that everyone can play 2 rounds on sat.

I suppose they could just as easily put the Grandmasters there, but that's about the only other option. Of course then you would complain that your wife has to play the harder courses this year. Face it - there's no option that you would have been happy with that would still allow them to accommodate the increased demand overall, which benefits everyone by putting more money in the prize pools.

Actually I just proposed one that gets everyone 4 rds and you can add 2 pools rather than 1.

The other thing that doesn't make any sense is why add 3 courses and only use them for one round each. If you do it that way you can only add one pool of players when clearly you have enough interest to add more. If you just added 2 new courses you could get rid of the travel problems of Holler and add 2 pools worth of players. The only difference would be depending on which division you added you might need to change the courses that division plays.....ie if the extra pool is all one division then rec wouldn't necessarily play the same 4 courses as int or you could split the extra pool between divisions if that makes more sense based on interest. Or if you still want to use Holler for one pool you use it only on Friday with tee times so that everyone can play 2 rounds on sat.

Is she upset about this at all, or are you upset for her?

It seems as though the main reason to have these two groups of people is that they have the smallest number of entrants allowing both to be on the same course at the same time.
:doh: I thought he meant so the older guys can watch all the ladies play...:D

Latest posts