• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
"SAVE THE DATE: April 24-25-26, 2015

The 2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green presented by the Bowling Green Disc Golf Club!!!!!

More information and the notice of when registration will come later - using this e-mail contact system - so forward this e-mail to your friends who will want to keep up with the plans, registration, and details of the worlds largest disc golf event. Hopefully this early notice - with the PDGA approving the date early - will allow you to schedule vacation for one of the most fun weeks of disc golf, with pre events happening all week."

Just noticed this in my email, and since nobody else posted it yet, I figured I would. Cant wait had a great time last year.

Registration will open December 2nd . . . . . FYI
More details coming soon.

Pay the entry fee, be PDGA current, MAYBE have to pass the officials test. Not sure on the last one. first two are money!

It's been a long time since I was last there, but it was one of my finest competitive disc golf memories. HB and Co. run a wonderful event. You'll only be sorry if wait to register and get shut out.

I've considered playing tournaments for a while now, but I still haven't done one. I've heard a lot of good things about BG Ams. Would anyone recommend this as a first-time tournament, or should I start with something smaller? My DGCR rating is ~850 these days.

Last edited:
I've considered playing tournaments for a while now, but I still haven't done one. I've heard a lot of good things about BG Ams. Would anyone recommend this as a first-time tournament, or should I start with something smaller? My DGCR rating is ~850 these days.

Absolutely a great tourney to play. New people to play with every round, and they're all exactly your skill level, and all there for the same reason, to have a good time.

Yes. The only problem may be that it will ruin other tournaments for you. Others just don't compare. Great thing about the rating system is you'll start with like rated players. Then, if you play well you will be with others playing well and if you struggle, you'll be with other strugglers. Usually there are discs given away for winning each card to keep interest.

I know it's still early, but I've been looking at this tourney for a few years...does anyone remember what the cost was last year - perhaps for intermediate/advanced? Thanks ahead of time...

Not that they can match it or do better every year, but the players pack last year (if I recall correctly) was seven (!) discs, (several world premieres), dinner, coupons, a drifit shirt for early registrations, a prize for winning your card (every round), and oh yeah, a $1000 ace pot to divvy up. Sweet! :clap:

...I'm going. :p

Bowling green is awesome...If you get a chance to play the United States Amateurs whew, they really treat you professionally there. Each card announced personalized discs and scorecards. Anyways, do both...moral of the story.

Latest posts