• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Wait list odds . . . . given that an unknown number will drop out or unknown divisions, and an unknown number will get bumped up due to ratings, and the FACT that I held 10 spots in the three BIG divisions for bumping - I have to say that you should look at the divisions and count down and take a guess . . . .

DGA Hobson Challange registration open!

Disc Golf Association presents:
The Hobson Grove Challenge, a performance based event
April 22 & 23, 2015
Performance Based Tournament:
Your score is based on how much above or below your expected score
994 - 1005 rating performance score = 47
993 - 982 = 48
981 - 970 = 49
969 - 958 = 50
957 - 946 = 51
etc....etc...etc.......
849 or below = 60

Play anytime Wednesday 9-4 or Thursday 9-4
You must have a current PDGA rating to win!
You may enter as many times as you wish!
We will put you in a group when you show up. Must complete round by 5pm.
Awards and standings posted each evening at Wha Bah near check in.
$15 entry fee
New release custom stamped DGA Disc for players package!
Only 100 disc available!
Sign up on line http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/2813 to insure you get a disc

Prizes:
First: Mach X Portable basket!
Second: Mach Lite basket
Third: Mini basket

Attachments

• dga logo.png
    dga logo.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 7
Fund Raising Discs

Watch for the upcoming announcements on out next two limited runs of 100 fund raising discs by Discraft and Prodigy . . . . . . I do not know what molds yet . . . .

Bowling Green Side Events

HB-

Can you respond to the questions I have about the side games at the 2015 Bowling Green Ams? It would be very helpful for planning purposes. Thanks!

1) Hobson Grove Performance Challenge - Is the Wednesday event separate than the Thursday event? In other words, will there be a winner each day or are the results of the two days compared to one another to declare one winner? The comments say "Awards each night" so I wasn't sure.

2) It looks like the Sun King Doubles is actually 4 separate tournaments that are all 1 day events. Can you confirm this as well?

3) Same question for the LS doubles at Griffin held Thursday/Friday. Is Thursday separate from Friday or is it one tournament and the results are compared day to day.

Thanks so much for any comments. This will be very helpful for my buddy and I planning our week in Bowling Green. We are very excited!

If these are taken from the website this is from last years event and the note says it will be updated for 2015 soon.

HB-

Can you respond to the questions I have about the side games at the 2015 Bowling Green Ams? It would be very helpful for planning purposes. Thanks!

1) Hobson Grove Performance Challenge - Is the Wednesday event separate than the Thursday event? In other words, will there be a winner each day or are the results of the two days compared to one another to declare one winner? The comments say "Awards each night" so I wasn't sure.

2) It looks like the Sun King Doubles is actually 4 separate tournaments that are all 1 day events. Can you confirm this as well?

3) Same question for the LS doubles at Griffin held Thursday/Friday. Is Thursday separate from Friday or is it one tournament and the results are compared day to day.

Thanks so much for any comments. This will be very helpful for my buddy and I planning our week in Bowling Green. We are very excited!

Side Games

The two day events (Hobson, all doubles) are all "flex start" with players completing their round any time during the two days (published times).

The winners are determined by posting all of the scores turned in over the two days.

Note: Hobson Challenge is firm for 2015 on the web page, the other TD's have not sent me their final plans (times, event structure, links to registration).

All the courses are open for practice during these events . . . please give event players right-of-way as they come through (while you throw dozens of tee shots on a hole for example).

More events are coming, and as they give me the information I will post here . . .

Vibram returns to Bowling Green

After a year off, Steve Dodge is bringing Vibram back to Bowling Green for 2015.
He will be hosting three birdie bashes at Holler in the Hills:
2pm on Wednesday; 10am and 2pm on Thursday.

Of course he will have some great custom discs available for [players packages and prizes at the Holler!

Also visit Steve at the flymart to see the newest Vibram discs!

Attachments

• Vibram_Disc_Golf_logo.jpg
    Vibram_Disc_Golf_logo.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5
Not to beat a dead horse but....
Since 2 groups only get to play 3 rds instead of 4 what is the plan for winning your card and winning a disc from 4 different vendors?

DISCRAFT limited run of Buzzz fundraising discs arrived!

Glow ESP Buzzz

A fundraising disc for The 2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green.

Only 100 printed - and a lot were pre-sold with registration - so these will go fast.

All disc are the glow "white" and the bee is green, yellow, pink, or orange.
All 177+ weights

Pay pal the LOW price of $20 to [email protected] and they will be shipped to your door ASAP! This includes first class mail shipping.

Only TWO per person please - and be sure to note disc color, "Bee" and your address in the pay pal F&F notes.

Attachments

• BG 2015 Buzzz.JPG
    BG 2015 Buzzz.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 38
room rates

H.G. befoe i book my room i was wondering if any hotels offering disounts for this tournament i usually stay at candlewood suites so i'll wait a few days before booking a room.

H.G. befoe i book my room i was wondering if any hotels offering disounts for this tournament i usually stay at candlewood suites so i'll wait a few days before booking a room.

I reserved rooms at LaQuinta with the PDGA discount... wasn't much, but every little bit helps...

Here's what I paid:
Two Room One King Suite w/Sofa Sleeper
Nightly Rate: 116.10 USD
(Does not include all applicable taxes or fees)
Estimated Total w/Tax: 263.36 USD

Looks like the current price on the room is $120 a night, so only like 2% savings...

No biggie to us.

attachment.php

Attachments

• holler2.jpg
    holler2.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 165
Trying to get my schedule worked out so I can head your way for the tourney on the 22nd.

Ramada has good rates

I don't know much about hotel quality, but we booked the Ramada at $69/night this morning. They have hot breakfast and it is listed as a tourney sponsor. That's for two queen beds.

If you are looking for super cheap and don't care about how nice of a hotel....red roof inn is usually super cheap.