• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

I am currently registered for the BG Ams. Unfortunately it looks like I will have to withdraw due to work obligations. The question I have is, it like an organ donor list in the sense that I can give my spot to someone I know? Or does it go to the first person on the waiting list? Also what is the refund policy?

From the competition manual:

1.2 Tournament registration:

"All openings in the field of play will be filled on a first come-first serve basis, until the allocated places have been filled. "

1.3 Withdraws and Refunds

Last updated: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 13:36

A. A player may officially withdraw only by contacting the Tournament Director.
B. Players must email or phone their withdrawals to the Tournament Director only at the contact information posted.
C. Discussions with persons other than the Tournament Director, including other tournament staff, shall not be considered official.
D. No refunds will be issued after the 7th day prior to the start of the event, but the player shall be sent a player's package if one was provided to event competitors.
E. Withdrawals made before the 7th day prior to the start of the event shall receive a 50% refund.
F. Withdrawals made 14 days prior to the start of the event shall be refunded 100 %, less postage and handling, which shall not exceed 10% of the entry fee.
G. These criteria may be relaxed at the discretion of the Tournament Director.

I am pretty sure you will get a full refund on the entry fee, but not the handling fees. As for the the available spot, I believe this rule is in place to keep people from selling off their spots in tournaments.

Last edited:
Though there is also the option of not getting a refund and just taking a players pack. 7 discs and a nice dryfit is worth it if you got the extra funds.

Though there is also the option of not getting a refund and just taking a players pack. 7 discs and a nice dryfit is worth it if you got the extra funds.

True, but it's kind of a d1ck move when you know there's a waiting list.

#devil'sadvocate

Fund Raising Discs available

Black Prodigy PA4'

Glow Discraft ESP Buzzz

Innova Star Thunderbird

Gateway Prototype Spears (with mini)

Full Color Corvette in Chains ROC4 (art by Skeet)

All are available for $20 each, shipped to lower 48 . . . .
just pay pal the club a F&F payment to: [email protected]

be sure to include your mailing address, disc choice (and color preferences).

Photos here: http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamDISCS.html

Holiday Inn is one of the sponsor hotels

T: (270) 393-8669 | F: (270) 842-9585
www.HIbowlinggreen.com

A little more expensive but awesome location near two sports bars and middle of town.

HB- thanks for all your hard work to put this tournament together. My buddy and I will be first timers this year and are both wildly excited. We greatly appreciate your efforts, updates, and dedication! Here's to you and an awesome tournament week!

Players Pack discs

As we did last year - we have asked all 6 manufactures who will have discs in the players package to consider new release introductions for this event.

Last year Innova even went to the effort to have their players' package disc approved by the PDGA on Tuesday when we started handing out players' packages . . . and we were sworn to secrecy on that disc.

That said, I will announce on this forum as manufactures let me know what it is, and what I can say about the disc.

2015 BG Ams

Wednesday 2:00, Thursday 10:00 & 2:00

Vibram Mini Birdie Bash - $30

Holler in the Hills

Details:

· Three separate one round minis will be held.

· Pre-register online for complete VBB player pack.

· Day of check-ins will receive two discs and a shirt.

Tons of prizes, food and fun:

· Winners earn invite to the VBB Worlds

· Per card CTPs and prizes for each round

· Additional BG Am prizes will be added

· Pizza for all players after each round

CTPs, Prizes, Player Pack Items: http://www.birdiebash.com/players.html#playerpacks

Last edited:
To register for the Vibram Birdie Bash contact Holler in the Hills: [email protected]

They may just be doing on site registration days of show.

2015 BG Ams

Wednesday 2:00, Thursday 10:00 & 2:00

Vibram Mini Birdie Bash - $30

Holler in the Hills

Details:

· Three separate one round minis will be held.

· Pre-register online for complete VBB player pack.

· Day of check-ins will receive two discs and a shirt.

Tons of prizes, food and fun:

· Winners earn invite to the VBB Worlds

· Per card CTPs and prizes for each round

· Additional BG Am prizes will be added

· Pizza for all players after each round

CTPs, Prizes, Player Pack Items: http://www.birdiebash.com/players.html#playerpacks

Pre-registration link coming soon!

Latest posts