• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

That is extremely cool!
Food Network ought to connect with a local news crew for a tie-in and air that thing in eight weeks exactly. That's, oh, BG Ams week? ;) :thmbup:

If any of you are going, I HIGHLY suggest doing the above mentioned Birdie Bash at Holler in the Hills. An excellent private course, more challenging than anything else in BG in my opinion.

Wait list

The way the wait list works is that as an opening come in your division, the player is "invited" to register for the event, then the player has 48 hours to accept the invitation or to reject the invitation. After that the player is listed as "expired" on the list. Hopefully players will check their junk mail or spam blocker to be sure they are getting e-mails . . . . .

I am planning to come down this weekend to play the 2 BG area championship events......how are the courses? How much snow did you guys get? Any chance they will be postponed again?

WARM UP EVENTS ON FOR THE WEEKEND

This weekend are both the Woods of Bowling Green (Hobson and Miller Parks) on Saturday and North of Bowling Green (White and Chelybeate Parks). The courses have a bit of snow today, but the crew went out and cleaned the tee pads so they can dry with the Friday an Saturday sun for good play.

The big snow was north of BG - we expect a bit still on the ground this weekend but good tees will great you and of course we will play the BG AM layouts . . . . . details here:

http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGseries.html

How are the pools decided for each division? Do they split the players down the middle, ratings wise? I am at 852 my buddy is at 868. Hoping to be in the same pool so we travel to the same course each day.

How are the pools decided for each division? Do they split the players down the middle, ratings wise? I am at 852 my buddy is at 868. Hoping to be in the same pool so we travel to the same course each day.

I'm not sure exactly, but last year it seemed like that is how it was done. I was 867 and my friend was 862 and we were split.

Cannot request to be put in the same pools. Previous year, pools were split by rating. Even if you're not in the same pools, there are plenty of people who will be willing to carpool from course to course.

I THINK that about 3 years ago BG Ams started allowing PDGA to do pool assignments so no more requesting common pools. With the size and number of players, it got way too confusing trying to accommodate all of the same pool requests.

865 was the split last year for rec. There were 4 guys rated at 865, three went to pool G, one went to pool H. Pool H will also get all of the players who do not have a rating yet. One of those guys finished 4th last year.

It depends on what the rest of the field stands at...take all of the rated players, add them up, divide by two and they usually is close to the middle of the pack.

Can anyone tell me what they spent/ will spend on their hotel room for this event? What hotel? Also, anyone camping for this event and where and how much? I plan on going to this event next year and want to make sure I have my ducks in a row, when reg opens in December

I can't comment on hotels. In the past I have "camped" in my van for free, I haven't paid a dime for lodging for the 4 years that I have gone to this event. Wha Bah's has never had a problem with me and others (ie DD) camping behind the building, and I have even seen tents back there (If this is your route, be sure to communicate with the owners and respect their property). I have also parked with friends at the KOA.

So this year, I am traveling with a small group and we will likely have a home base at the KOA. Tent sites hold 2 cars and up to 6 people, there is a small community (maybe 30 people) that developed last year with a 9 hole temp lighted course and all kinds of shenanigans through the night. $32 per night per site. They also have cabins that are completely packed with disc golfers (maybe like 30 cabins) at ~$90 per night and hold 6 people.

PSYFLY DSCS

PSYFLY DISCS will have a players flymart table in the conference room at Phil Moore Park - be sure to check Radwyn's merchandise out Friday night.

Attachments

• Psyfly discs.jpg
    Psyfly discs.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 8