• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Side Room at the Fly Mart

Make sure to check out the side room at the Fly Mart on Friday. You'll have to browse a bit, but you'll find a bunch of cheap, different stuff. Kind of garage sale/thrift store style.

Franklin definitely, chalybeate for the most part, a few woods holes with tight paths between holes. I think it would be do-able but can't say for sure since I don't use one

Thanks for this info. Regarding Holler in the Hills. Does anyone know if it will be available for play on the days that it's not being used for tourney play? I'm thinking of trying to get a round in on Friday while the wife competes in the tournament.

They never do. They've been stock discs the last 6 years that i've been going...

This is our one time of the year we get an order from DGA, aka people just give us their DGA discs since they have no use/want for them. Then we end up giving them away cuz they dont sell.

Does anyone know if the flymart is cash only or if you can use a CC?

To elaborate, I would definitely try to bring a little bit of cash, however much you think you might spend. I don't like to carry much, but cards were tough to use last year. About half the vendors had a swiper, but several of them couldn't get it to work and even the ones that did usually charge a small fee unless you're buying a lot, because it can cost them as much as like 5% extra to use a card. Would have saved myself a lot of hassle by bringing a little more cash and using the card elsewhere.

Circles Edge Disc Golf/ Buckeye Discs in the main room accepts cash and Paypal. If you don't want to carry cash this is another viable option.

I was at Phil Moore last week after a good bit of rain. Not so bad then. Muddy here and there. But, I did notice a large limb blocking the fairway on hole 3. (the cute little overthepond hole) Will a temp be put in for it?
Thanks
Ron

I've been wondering about this too . . .

forecast

Any chance we might play 2 rounds on friday instead of saturday? Forecast is 100% chance of rain with severe thunderstorms.

Any chance we might play 2 rounds on friday instead of saturday? Forecast is 100% chance of rain with severe thunderstorms.

The logistics would be almost impossible with the flymart taking place that night and not starting til noon.....and not being able to ask everyone to start any earlier due to people arriving from all over the country

Holler In the Hills

How will the water be Saturday for the Holler in the Hills round? I know the river plays along a few holes and down a few of the hills. With all the rain and it storming Saturday, wasn't sure how safe some holes would be.

Email from: [email protected]

Cool and clear with light winds today . . . all courses open for pratice . . . . events at Hobson Grove, Lovers Lane, Kereiakes, Wha Bah, and Holler in the Hills . . . . see the schedule at http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamSchedule.html to know what is happening . . . SCHEDULE NOTE: FRIDAY ROUND ONE STARTS AT NOON . . . we had a misprint in the program so be sure to start your round at noon Friday! . . . . we will likely set up temp holes for 5 and 6 at Phil Moore due to water and mud, and the parks are trying to get all mowed before the weekend . . . may also set up temp at Griffin hole 2 and 9 - watching the water levels . . . HB - TD BG AMs

Event Director:
Name: Hb Clark
Phone: 270-843-3313
Email: [email protected]

Latest posts