• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

How will the water be Saturday for the Holler in the Hills round? I know the river plays along a few holes and down a few of the hills. With all the rain and it storming Saturday, wasn't sure how safe some holes would be.

The Holler has had a lot of rain this month and there has been some flooding. I have been all over the course yesterday and the hills (as expected) are more slick than normal. There are a few areas of standing water on hole 3 and it is soggy by the basket on 4. Hole 1 has an area of seepage from the pond across the fairway by drop zone but I have rocks in place as stepping stones. We were able to mow yesterday except for the areas mentioned. There is no rain in the forecast until Friday night and the course will be perfect by then but I'm sure you are aware, they are calling for rain Saturday. I have no idea how much rain other than this quote from the local forecast > "MORE RAIN: We start Friday dry before our next storm system arrives Friday night into Saturday. Widespread rain and thunderstorms are likely to begin the weekend before we dry out Saturday night into Sunday. Highs remain in the mid to upper 60s through the weekend." There are too many hills out here for us to provide 100 percent safe passage during rain. Some will end up slipping! As with any course in the rain, take it slow and proceed with caution.

I see Vibram is holding a few events tomorrow at Holler in the Hills. Will the course be open for casual play tomorrow?

The paths that cross are in bounds. The paths that are parallel to the fairways are out. The course map in the players pack book will list each hole's ob's in it.

Just want to invite everyone to stop by and visit us at the Twilight Zone DG table in the players room at the flymart. Can't miss us as it will be the table with the mirror ball and the dancing girls. We'll be featuring hand-made bag tags, mirror hangers and Christmas ornaments made from recycled materials along with various other disc golf tchotchkes. The first ten folks to stop by and say "Bowling Green Rocks!"will get a free DG button. Hoping everyone plays well and has a great time!

I got my player's pack yesterday. I think I'll keep the Prodigy M2 that I got, but I'll probably try to sell the rest of them.

The Gateway Devil Hawk has an interesting feel to it. Very shallow rim. The Maul has a very nice DecoDye stamp.

I would trade my maul for the Heat. Actually, I'd give up any of the discs in player pack except the Felon for Heats.

Headed to Wha Bah now. Will be there wearing a purple striped shirt if you want to trade your Heats. I have a yellow hurricane, blue M1, blue thumb track disc, maul, black dga flex something, and blue Daedalus to offer.

Simon threw 98mph on the gun today out at Phil Moore.

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes.

I am so jacked up. I spent the last 2weeks convinced i wasn't gonna get to go. Man I don't know how I am gonna sleep tonight......and then drive 4hrs starting before dawn....

I'm gonna be playing a round at Holler in the Hills tomorrow after dropping the wife off at her course (Franklin). Should be there appx 11am if anyone would care to join me. Or maybe get the caretaker to show me around ? :^)

I would trade my maul for the Heat. Actually, I'd give up any of the discs in plwant. pack except the Felon for Heats.

I Got a bright yellow heat with your name on it. Get up with me and we will work something out if you want

Latest posts