• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Holy geez.

What time is the distance finals tomorrow?

6pm. The 5 finalists will get 5 throws each I believe, then 1st-3rd will be awarded prizes, then whoever has won 1st place gets to throw mano-e-mano against Simon for a Discmania sponsorship.

I'd imagine Simon will throw around 6:40ish but I'm not entirely sure, it might be sooner if they go quickly.

Flymart is at 7 so hope to see everyone there. We'll be doing some cool games for prizes as well as selling the best merch! I'm running a Discmania Grip Bag Special (I've got 3 left) that's unbeatable - so if you're looking to switch your bag come see me before they're sold out!!

Good luck to everyone competing this weekend!

I Got a bright yellow heat with your name on it. Get up with me and we will work something out if you want

Sweet! I will be at distance finals and Fly Mart tonight. I will have my stack of tradable stuff in the car. I am wearing tan shorts and a long sleeve red dry fit.

I threw a 53 at Preston Miller, it won my card. I felt decent but I left a handful of putts short. Headed to the Flymart tonight, I'll be wearing a blue Pi shirt if anyone notices.

Still looking to deal for Heats. Got cold so now wearing black pants and highlighter long sleeves with a black visor. Discs are in the car so come find me!

I have a grip C14 for sale (while I'm here in Bowling Green), if anyone is interested, please PM me. Black/gray, very lightly used

Are the five finalist's for the distance comp already decided? If Gavin Rathbun is in, that's who my money is on.

Gavin came in 2nd or 3rd I can't remember.

Josh Coghill won, his shot was somewhere around 470'. None of the finalists attempted a 360.

Then Simon threw a 500' ace into a portable basket on his first warmup shot before the duel with a Discmania sponsorship on the line. I'll let y'all guess how that went down.

...Josh did get a pretty good one out there though, and Simon gave him the basket to keep...so it was a good time. Thanks to everyone who came out and watched!

Heard about that from some witnesses. There was much grinning as the story was told. :thmbup::p

Then Simon threw a 500' ace into a portable basket on his first warmup shot before the duel with a Discmania sponsorship on the line. I'll let y'all guess how that went down.

that was the only throw i didn't get on camera :thmbdown: i hope someone did

Sure! It's a blue M1 I think. I will have it with me in the car and player party tomorrow. I am in A pool if you want to meet at a course.

if DarrellR doesn't trade you, I will. I can meet at Wah Bah tomorrow after the 1st round. PM me if you want.

Thank you

I would like to thank all the golfers in "I" pool. I had 70 golfers in 55 cars at Holler In the Hills yesterday. After the event I scanned two parking areas and there was not the smallest piece of trash. You guys are great and we appreciate all the kind comments on the course.
I would like to recognize all the women in FS1 and men in MS1. They are some real troopers! They struggled but made it through the grueling 27 hole layout traversing some extreme terrain!
I would like to give a huge shout out to the spotters - Rick and Sylvia Voakes, Ernie Small, Larry Bledsoe, Bobby Whittinghill, Timmy Thacker and Glenn Thacker. Your help was invaluable!

Well I cant complain. I didn't quite have my A game but managed to hit some putts here and there and finished -1(56 54 61 52). I hit two deuce putts on the last two holes of the final round to finish under par for the tourney, and win my card for second straight round.(How much is a MF Vroc worth lol?) I finished in a tie at 27th in rec, up 11 spots from last year and shot 13 strokes better. Thanks to HB and all the tournament staff, as well as the vendors and sponsors, and last but certainly not least the city of Bowling Green for hosting this great event. See you all next year!!!......

I had a blast.

Even wearing waterproof boots my feet got soaked with the dew/rain from last night and I froze this morning. For the most part the weather was good and had some good golf. I got my goal which is good but I know I could've played much better.

All the staff did great. No hiccups at all really. Only iffy thing was the OB at white was really hard to see the painted lines and it caused a little issue with our card but it all ended well.

Brutal, you have seen where they haven't combined the pools together yet for Rec right?

I'm not sure what you mean? The players from H pool are accounted for as you count down players from the top of the list(it goes from 11 to 13 with only one player listed), they are just not listed together yet. At least that's what it looks like to me but I may be wrong....?

I'm not sure what you mean? The players from H pool are accounted for as you count down players from the top of the list(it goes from 11 to 13 with only one player listed), they are just not listed together yet. At least that's what it looks like to me but I may be wrong....?

Ahhh, yea I see that now.

So close to cashing in. My round at Griffin killed me. I lost 5-6 strokes there. Went OB on 2 on my putt, had two three putts and still finished with a 61.

I was just looking at the scores from last year. My score this year of -1(223) would have been tied for 3rd going into the final9, this year 6 way tie at 27th. Last year 3 guys were under course par after 4 rounds, this year 32, very strong showing for the wRECk crew this year.

Last year the 4 round total of the leader going into the final nine in intermediate was around 210 I think. I ended up shooting a four round total of 212 and I tied for 27th in intermediate. It was definitely stiff competition this week.

Latest posts