• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 King Of The Lake - A Tier - Lake Tahoe

Magicweed

Eagle Member
June 19th-21st, 2015

I wanted to start a thread for the biggest tournament in the Tahoe area. Last year saw the return of King Of The Lake with great success. After learning some lessons last year the TD and other organizers are looking to make it even better. The three day tournament covers 5 of the best courses in the Tahoe basin: Bijou Community Park, Zephyr Cove, Truckee River Regional Park, Sierra College and Lake of the Sky (North Tahoe Regional Park) in Tahoe Vista.

Registration for the event opens up on January 2nd, 2015 at noon (PST) and is expected to fill quickly.

Discgolfscene Registration Page

Video of last years final round at North Tahoe Regional Park:

Personally I missed out on last years tournament because of how fast it filled up but I have heard nothing but good things about the experience and can't wait to play this year.

Signups today have been a huge success so far. Almost all mens AM divisions have filled and currently have a waitlist, while the Women's divisions only have a few spots left. The Open divisions are also attracting some top tier talent. If you can make it here in June it should be the place to be.

Another one of those tournaments I would love to play but just do not have the time to do it.

This year.

Just being in Tahoe in the summer is great, but the views you get from some of the courses just cap it all off. On top of that, you get some of the best competition in NorCal on some very good courses (Zephyr, Bijou, Tahoe Vista and Sierra College). I'd love to see the tournament bring in a top tier sponsor and draw in more competitors from all over the country. It would be a great destination tournament for people.

It looks like Ricky has signed up for KOTL and I know Pure Hyzer Productions will be covering the final round at Tahoe Vista. I really hope he ends up playing. Seeing him, Barsby, Drew Gibson and a number of other pros attack the courses I play on a regular basis would be awesome.

I wish I knew about registration. Totally worth a trip from the MidWest.

Just over a week left until King of the Lake kicks off. Still a lot of top tier talent signed up and I hear that PHP will be covering all 5 rounds with each round being at a different course. Should be awesome.

Just over a week left until King of the Lake kicks off. Still a lot of top tier talent signed up and I hear that PHP will be covering all 5 rounds with each round being at a different course. Should be awesome.

Best bring your A game Stan! I'm looking to wrap up the series for points at KOTL! A win would be nice to. I've been putting in my practice.

I hear that PHP will be covering all 5 rounds with each round being at a different course.

I hope so! I'm a South Lake-r and I'd love to see some top level guys rip up the 'jou and zephyr. I wasn't aware of how early registration was this year otherwise I would have done it. I need to sign up next year.

Day one of King of the Lake finished up yesterday with Prodigy team member James Proctor in the lead at -20. Nikko Locastro is two strokes back at -18, with a number of other players a few strokes behind him. Day 2 brings the Pro and Am golfers from South Lake to North Lake, where they will be attacking Sierra College and Truckee River. Anything can happen on these two courses so it will be interesting to see how things shakeout before the final round at Tahoe Vista (Lake of the Sky/North Tahoe Regional Park) tomorrow.

Latest posts