• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Brent Hambrick Memorial Open NT Presented by Discraft

I was watching the Smashboxx podcast last night as they interviewed Paul McBeth. This topic was brought up, and McBeth said (if I heard correctly) that it used to not be OB and players could throw to another fairway and go up that, but now they can't because of the OB. That all added to the problems of that hole.

That's what I was referencing earlier on, when I said there used to be a parking lot as the only ob. Since adding the drainage area, normally the concrete is ob, ahh grass is fine. The white lines were only for BHMO. I heard complaints of the normal course with the white ob, saying it would have been better to not paint anything, but being safari and throwing that far makes that landing zone even more intimidating.

While I agree a 7 some is hard for a camera crew, I like it for live spectating, gives room for the gallery to spread out to get a better view of fairway drives and upshots.

I was watching the Smashboxx podcast last night as they interviewed Paul McBeth. This topic was brought up, and McBeth said (if I heard correctly) that it used to not be OB and players could throw to another fairway and go up that, but now they can't because of the OB. That all added to the problems of that hole.
Honestly it might even be better that it's OB if you can take a drop instead of trying to throw uphill through the trees. I hate hole 8 at Hoover as I usually end up on that damn hill. The last time I played my friend shanked gloriously over the trees all the way to the bottom.

I don't like mixed final 9s in person or on video. It screws up the flow and it's too much to keep track of.
I still think this was an effort to keep people in the heat less. Ohio has ridiculous humidity and I'm sure after 90 holes of golf you just want to get it over with. There's no sense making people wait around when you could play and let the spectators see everything. I drank a lot of water that day.

Supergroups are the worst, especially a bunch of one disc brahs with loud music.

Latest posts