• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Discraft Ace Race

For the TDs out there, I just placed my order and noticed a really nice new feature that Discraft added this year. A portion of the shirts you order can be vouchers instead of actual shirts. The players can use the voucher to order the exact shirt size they want and Discraft will pay for the shipping.

Nice move and wonder if they manage to save on some shirts people don't order. Haha

The packs for this weekend have begun arriving.

PROFILE PICS NAOW!!!

AR16 is on the right. Cyrztal Buzzz on the left for comparison.

I have not had a chance to throw it yet.

58a16474.jpg

Overall very happy with the players pack.

I really like the shirts this year and the towels are very nice.

Exceptional value!

The best, longest running ace race in the area isn't happening this year. Really not sure if I'll play a different one or not, the pack isn't doing it for me this year.

If it's I Comet top/Stratus bottom, I can see that being one glidey @ass disc that goes pretty far and straight with relatively low power, but turns over fairly easily with some snap behind it.

Speculation on what the production name would be for a disc with said origins: Nimbus

Had the chance to do a few field throws. Definitely understable. Will be a good Ace Race disc. Could possibly replace the Stingray in my bag.

If it's I Comet top/Stratus bottom, I can see that being one glidey @ass disc that goes pretty far and straight with relatively low power, but turns over fairly easily with some snap behind it.

Speculation on what the production name would be for a disc with said origins: Nimbus

Nimbus isn't bad

It's a good idea to slowly work your way up to a large diameter, it can be kinda painful the first time. Lube helps.

I just participated in the Becker ace race today and have to say that this may be the worst disc I have ever thrown. It's crazy understable, very touchy, and doesn't react well to any wind. I tried on many occasions to throw this disc forehand. You have to release it as close to perpendicular to the ground as possible and it will still stand all the way up, turn, and burn. When throwing backhand, you must throw it on a crazy hyzer if you put any muscle on it at all. All five players on my card loathed this disc. Just my two cents. Hope you all like it more than us!

Thanks for the heads up. Hope others have a different experience. Want to go and have fun, but if that is what it is, no thank you.

From my experience today, this is pretty much spot on.

I just participated in the Becker ace race today and have to say that this may be the worst disc I have ever thrown. It's crazy understable, very touchy, and doesn't react well to any wind. I tried on many occasions to throw this disc forehand. You have to release it as close to perpendicular to the ground as possible and it will still stand all the way up, turn, and burn. When throwing backhand, you must throw it on a crazy hyzer if you put any muscle on it at all. All five players on my card loathed this disc. Just my two cents. Hope you all like it more than us!

I can't wait to try it now.

I love super flippy discs.

Latest posts