• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Discraft Ace Race

ilmcgee

* Ace Member *
Thought I would start off discussion about this year's Ace Race. They did a putter last year after a 3 year layoff. I for one, would like another putter or a mid. And would like some variation in plastic as I am not a fan of Pro D. So what are the guesses for this year's disc? Or better yet, what holes does Discraft have in their lineup? Also, what kind of swag are you all hoping for?

What I want is a more stable Stratus-like long mid.
Oh wait, that's a Storm and they've been OOP for like 10 years.

Seriously, I've given up predicting anything about the Ace Race.
I'm always wrong...

What I want is a more stable Stratus-like long mid.
Oh wait, that's a Storm and they've been OOP for like 10 years.
QUOTE]

no, that would be the meteor, still running strong and probably the best midrange ever produced.

Compared to Innova, my colander has less holes. But seriously, give me a chalky plastic like the Elite Pro material. Some blend that just feels right in the hand in all weather conditions. They should come out with a Stinger which would be an 8-9 speed Wasp. (aka TeeBird)

Compared to Innova, my colander has less holes. But seriously, give me a chalky plastic like the Elite Pro material. Some blend that just feels right in the hand in all weather conditions. They should come out with a Stinger which would be an 8-9 speed Wasp. (aka TeeBird)

Seem like a bit of hyperbolizing. Not sure there are many putter through midrange holes and the XL, XS, XPress triad fills out a fairly comprehensive fairway driver spread. Discraft is likely guilty of failing to pump out a monthly warp speed driver, but that is OK with me. If you are simply looking for a faster TeeBird, well that my friend is a wild goose chase.

They should just send out Ace Race stamped Buzzzs and see what happens. :p

Those that are in the know might/will be disappointed. But it could sell a bunch of Buzzzs to the uninformed.

I would play, for sure!

They should just send out Ace Race stamped Buzzzs and see what happens. :p

Those that are in the know might/will be disappointed. But it could sell a bunch of Buzzzs to the uninformed.

I would play, for sure!

Depends on plastic. How about at least one Cryztal Buzzz? Then I might try to sign up for multiple ace races.

As far as discs, I'm keeping speculation and hopes to a minimum. I think Discraft's record has been pretty good... Once there's some info about what to expect, then I'll be more interested.

I've always thought releasing a current disc in a special run plastic would be a good idea. A Buzzz, Comet, or Challenger event would be fun.

ESP Comet SS
Birdie Bags
Clip on waterproof trash containers
License Plate Holder
Bring back the small DG bag
TD's get a unique shirt

The Ace Race doesn't get the credit it deserves.

That would be awesome, but unfortunately, "Thug" sounds more like a Dynamic mold name. It coincides with their law terminology/criminal dirtbag naming system. If Discraft were to make a Thug, and I had some semblance of control over design input, it would probably be a small diameter disc based off of the Z Stalker but with no bead. That sounds nummy to me. Probably would be the Discraft TeeBird everyone has been waiting for hahaha.

If you are simply looking for a faster TeeBird, well that my friend is a wild goose chase.

if you want a faster TeeBird, look no further than the Striker by Latitude 64. the Striker is exactly that. everything great about a teebird, but just faster.