• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a killer lead card tomorrow. McCray leading by 1 with Philo, McBeth, and Sexton all tied for second.

Sexton in the lead with McCray/Phislow/fancy Mcpants tied for second. At least that is what I see on PDGA.

With live coverage of only one card I can't stand watching it. Too much down time.

I hope we get some condensed coverage at some point on youtube. I wish CCDG, Jomez, etc.... was involved. I appreciate what Smashboxx does for the game, but this is brutal for me.

With live coverage of only one card I can't stand watching it. Too much down time.

I hope we get some condensed coverage at some point on youtube. I wish CCDG, Jomez, etc.... was involved. I appreciate what Smashboxx does for the game, but this is brutal for me.

I think tomorrow will be better. The pace of play was brutal today, and it wasn't all philo's fault. Fountain seems to move a bit quicker.

It's a growing pains issue with resources and where the sport is at. I am sure if Smashboxx saw the viewers tick up to the 10,000 range for the livestreams, it would go a long way toward increasing ad revenue and adding equipment so they could bounce back and forth between, say, the lead and chase cards with two cameras on each.

Alas, we're not there yet. And I am sure that does affect the viewership numbers. Catch-22.

Mc_Beth_Jesus.gif

This is our concern, Dude.

What blows my mind, although I can't say I'm that surprised, is the sheer quantity of people on the boards who are defending him for it, saying that the 30 second rule shouldn't be enforced. I think that is total BS

Do you really think folks on the chat really advocated for the rule not to be enforced? I was in there and I didn't get that feeling.

I wouldn't have a problem with someone on the card calling time on him but that's up to the players on the card, right? I said that I wouldn't personally call time on him but that's just me.

Until the PDGA takes the enforcement of the 30 second rule out of the players' hands and creates an electronic shot clock like in hoops or in football, we have to live with this self-regulating system. And that means living with the possibility that players in Philo's card will choose, for whatever reason, not to call time on him.

I'm all for speedy play, but its not like they weren't gonna hit a 2 or 3 group backup on the next tee. That course is an absolute joke.

I also thought the downtime was a little dead, but it's totally understandable. It comes down to budget. When the on-air talent has to do all the producing too, the presentation suffers.

Can you imagine how sorry Sunday Night Football would be if Michaels & Collinsworth didn't have armies of producers feeding them every piece of info into their ear and had to look up all their stats themselves, while vamping between plays too?

I'm willing to overlook it, as long as the action and skill on display keeps being as pulsating as it was today.

Still love the Smashboxx production.

Yup, I wish CCDG and Jomez were out there. I'd rather wait a week with good edited coverage than watching live stuff. I do have to admit this is the first tournament were I've tuned in and watched off and on, it's not as bad as I once thought.

That. Was. Painful.

Tuned in for a bit after work, and after hearing Terry say Matty-O 10 times on one hole, and trying to distract from boredom with the geniuses on the chat, (so clever to add Mc to every word) I gave up on live coverage yet again.

Props to Terry and SmashboxxTV for doing it and getting better at it (I think), but it's just boring as hell. Just not worth the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts