• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
nobody gave you props for this one, I thought it was pretty funny.

My last word on "timegate" (can we be like ESPN and call every controversy ____gate?) is that remember the difference, it's not whether he was right or wrong about McBeth taking more than 30 seconds - it's that he didn't call it but continued to chirp. That's where people are taking an issue. If he had called it, he would have still been...harsh...but technically within his right to serve McBeth with a warning.

Exactly. This is what I was talking about. Instead of calling it (would have been a warning) he chose to be passive agressive about it. Its the ultimate sign of being a Beta Male.

Yikes, that cupcake thing was cringe worthy. I don't really blame McPants, before I saw it I thought it would be harmless but then the kid takes it soooo bad. I have had moments like this in life where something I thought would be funny comes off poorly. I bet McPants feels really bad about it now.

Yikes, that cupcake thing was cringe worthy. I don't really blame McPants, before I saw it I thought it would be harmless but then the kid takes it soooo bad. I have had moments like this in life where something I thought would be funny comes off poorly. I bet McPants feels really bad about it now.

I agree completely. I know Paul and Cupcake are pretty close and I hope and think that this will blow over relatively quickly. All this being said, I would hope Paul sees that the prank he was trying to pull on his friend, didn't go over very well.

Why can't the Memorial just get won? McBeth putts, wins and we all go home and DGCR has nothing to butthurt over. :doh::doh::doh:

How many unique views do you suppose the coverage garnered because of this last minute controversy. Last night, at the end of the broadcast, the views counter was at like 16000, This morning it's up to 30000, almost doubled overnight.

It was Jennifer, and it wasn't her fault. The guy should have totally taken that hit to protect the two women and the dog behind him...

...#chivalryisdead...

Unwarranted criticism, yes. The outcome was not what he wanted but you could tell from the video that it was meant as a funny little prank.

It's just not funny when a group of adults picks on a 13-yr-old kid and humiliates him publicly. Most people know that, and would have vetoed the plan before it ever got close to happening.

IMO on timegate, the flow of play rule should of been enacted like they do when putting out drop ins. They do it in the PGA when there are needs that need to be taken care. 20/20 hind vision.

It was Jennifer, and it wasn't her fault. The guy should have totally taken that hit to protect the two women and the dog behind him...

...#chivalryisdead...

STEehW7.jpg

I thought that was a good ending to play yesterday. Congrats to McBeth.

^^Chivalry post is funny.

McBeth did not mean to humiliate his young friend even if he did.

ESPN is not the one who started all the "gate" thing. That comes from Watergate, the name of the hotel that was involved in the situation that made Nixon resign from office.

I haven't seen a single post about the lack of porta potties at Fountain. I'm assuming there were none, or not enough. Can anyone who was there verify?

There were porta potties near hole 1, 5, and 10's tee. With the pace of play out there it is very reasonable to need to run to the restroom at the point Paul did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts