• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Mishawaka Meltdown

Jakes

I was looking into registering for my first A tier next year, the Mishawaka Meltdown in Indiana but I noted the dates Are April 1-3. It looks like 1 round Friday, 2 Saturday, 1 Sunday, and an additional final 9. Is that typical for an A tier? Cutting it to two days would save so much on travel, lodging, and food. I tried to get ahold of the TD but I didn't receive a response.

I was looking into registering for my first A tier next year, the Mishawaka Meltdown in Indiana but I noted the dates Are April 1-3. It looks like 1 round Friday, 2 Saturday, 1 Sunday, and an additional final 9. Is that typical for an A tier? Cutting it to two days would save so much on travel, lodging, and food. I tried to get ahold of the TD but I didn't receive a response.

It is pretty normal for an A-tier to have 3 days. And yes, a 2 day A-tier is generally easier for more people to get to.

Good to know! I hope work will understand I usually catch a cold around the first of April. I'm looking forward to tournament details soon.

Thanks Dana!

I'm surprised to see Oxbow on the list...I knew it was back up after the emerald ash borer (and perhaps some other factors, I don't fully know) caused a major loss of trees a couple years ago. Guess I need to head back out that way and check it out.

Definitely gonna be a great tournament. I will be playing for sure these are all the courses I play on the regular. I guess will shcusterick will be doing a driving clinic on April 1st at George Wilson park.

Indiana574 you wanna give us outsiders a local peek at the courses? I am looking into playing but I live 3 1/2 hours away and I am not sure whether or not I will be able to make it down to play all of the courses before the tournament!

also interested in making the trip down there to check the courses out before the tourney. Indiana574, let me know if youd be around one weekend to play thru any of those courses.

Hate playing new courses on my own. :(

These were my home courses for 5 years back home. 1996 World Championships were held at some of these courses. I know Rum Village and Baugo for sure, but there has likely been a redesign. Rum and Wilson are championship caliber courses with big bombs on many holes. The wind can be a real bitch at Wilson as you play over valleys in the wide open. Decent views of the city and the Golden Dome as these parks sit atop the south side of South Bend.
Baugo is very wooded on most holes, but there are lanes that you can learn if you check out the course beforehand.
Oxbow did have several hundred trees cut down thanks to emerald ash borer. I haven't been to the course since it reopened in 2015 and most of my friends have not either. I'm quite surprised this course was added. It's a 30 minute drive from Rum and 20 from Wilson.

These were my home courses for 5 years back home. 1996 World Championships were held at some of these courses. I know Rum Village and Baugo for sure, but there has likely been a redesign. Rum and Wilson are championship caliber courses with big bombs on many holes. The wind can be a real bitch at Wilson as you play over valleys in the wide open. Decent views of the city and the Golden Dome as these parks sit atop the south side of South Bend.
Baugo is very wooded on most holes, but there are lanes that you can learn if you check out the course beforehand.
Oxbow did have several hundred trees cut down thanks to emerald ash borer. I haven't been to the course since it reopened in 2015 and most of my friends have not either. I'm quite surprised this course was added. It's a 30 minute drive from Rum and 20 from Wilson.

Rum Village is deuce or die, isn't it?

Rum Village is deuce or die, isn't it?

For the most part, yes; however, a couple of holes are absolute monsters (#'s 8 & especially 12). It underwent a minor tweak a few years ago.

Some interesting news...

Players who sign up by March 1st will receive a personalized shirt along with their player packs (Glass mini, stool, and clipboard) confirmed.

This is an Am Nationals qualifying event top 20% of Am1/Advanced qualify.

Winners of Adv, Int, and Rec get portable baskets.

Register at http://dgscene.com/Mm2016

If you could only manage a day trip and may not be able to get all 4 courses in what would be the order of importance as far as the 4 courses go? I'm gonna try to make it down there sometime in March to check out some of the courses.