• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Prediction Contest - GMC & Pro Tour Championships

discallday

Birdie Member
The Gambles listed in this thread will serve as a substitute for the initially planned thread for the Pro Tour Championships. However, if they end up being one of your lowest scores for this contest, they will not be dropped - they will only hurt you if you wager poorly. :popcorn:

Green Mountain Championship

MPO - Pick 4 players, with your predicted winner listed first (2 points for correct winner)
1st & 2nd place - 5 points
3rd & 4th place - 4 points
5th & 6th place - 3 points
7th & 8th place - 2 points
9th & 10th place - 1 points

FPO - Pick 3 players, with your predicted winner listed first (2 point for correct winner)
1st & 2nd place - 3 points
3rd & 4th place - 2 points
5th & 6th place - 1 points

Bonus 1 (2 points) - Predict the sponsor with the most players finishing in the top 10 of MPO. The categories are: 1) Innova/Discmania; 2) Lat64/DD/Westside; 3) Prodigy; 4) Other (Discraft, Legacy, DGA, unsponsored, etc.).
Bonus 2 (3 or 4 points) - What will be the highest round rating shot by the men (2)? Who will shoot it (1 for SockBeast, 2 for the field)?
Bonus 3 (3 points) - What will be the highest round rating shot by the ladies (3)?
Bonus 4 (2 points) - How many strokes under par will the FPO winner be by the end of the tournament?

Pro Tour Championships Gambles - You may wager up to 40 points of your existing prediction points (if you have that many - refer to "recent" totals post on Main thread) on each of the Gambles below. If you get the gamble correct, you will double those wagered points. If you get it wrong, you will lose your wagered points. Since there are four gambles, if you currently have 160 points or more, you could earn another 160 points through these gambles.

Gamble 1* - Refer to the udisc link below to view the pro tour points standings. Pick an MPO player (ranked 10th or below) whom you think will play well enough in the GMC to jump into the top 8. OR, pick a player whom you think will drop out of the current top 8. Declare how many points you are wagering.
Gamble 2* - Refer to the udisc and dgpt links below. Pick 5 MPO players to appear in the Finals of the tournament bracket. You may not select Paul McBeth or Ricky Wysocki. You must be correct with 2 out of your 5 selections to be counted "correct". Declare how many points you are wagering.
Gamble 3* - Refer to the udisc and dgpt links below. Pick 4 FPO players to appear in the Finals of the tournament bracket. You may not select Catrina Allen or Paige Pierce. You must be correct with 2 of your 4 selections to be counted "correct".
Gamble 4* - Predict the MPO OR FPO 2016 Pro Tour Champion

*Note: If any of your selected player(s) do not compete in the tournament, your selection and wager are void (resulting in no point change) for the Gamble(s) in question.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/25011
http://www.discgolfprotour.com/finals.html
https://udisclive.com/players

Green Mountain Championship

MPO - Pick 4 players, with your predicted winner listed first (2 points for correct winner)
McBeth
Wysocki
Sexton
McMahon

FPO - Pick 3 players, with your predicted winner listed first (2 point for correct winner)
Catrina Allen
Pierce Pierce
Val Jenkins

Bonus 1 (2 points) - Predict the sponsor with the most players finishing in the top 10 of MPO. Innova/Discmania
Bonus 2 (3 or 4 points) - What will be the highest round rating shot by the men (2)? Who will shoot it? 1074, McBeth
Bonus 3 (3 points) - What will be the highest round rating shot by the ladies (3)? 994
Bonus 4 (2 points) - How many strokes under par will the FPO winner be by the end of the tournament? -4

Pro Tour Championships Gambles
Gamble 1*pick a player whom you think will drop out of the current top 8. Declare how many points you are wagering. Sexton, 5 points
Gamble 2* Pick 5 MPO players to appear in the Finals of the tournament bracket. 25 points
Leiviska
Doss
Geisinger
Sexton
Locastro

Gamble 3* Pick 4 FPO players to appear in the Finals of the tournament bracket. 40 points
Hokom
Jenkins
Walker
Andyke

Gamble 4* - Predict the MPO 2016 Pro Tour Champion McBeth, 40 points

Unfortunately, the page with the brackets is no longer one of the links that I provided, and I'm not finding where it currently resides. But I have a screenshot of the brackets, which I'll attach.

GMC
Wysocki
Sexton
Geisinger
MJohansen

Hokom
Catrina Allen
PPierce

Bonus 1 (2 points) - Innova/Discmania
Bonus 2 (3 or 4 points) - 1080, the field, let's say the course is "soft" again for Sexton ;)
Bonus 3 (3 points) - 1015
Bonus 4 (2 points) - 5 under par

Tour Championships

Gamble 1* - None
Gamble 2* - James Conrad, Doss, Eagle, Geisinger, Nikko; 10 points
Gamble 3* - Hokom, Jenkins, Finley, Walker; 20 points
Gamble 4* - Catrina; 5 points

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160831-074124.jpg
    Screenshot_20160831-074124.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 13
McBeth
Wysocki
Doss
Leiviska

C. Allen
Jenkins
Finley
7 under

Innova/Discmania
1070 McBeth

gamble 3 Finley and Jenkins
gamble 4 C. Allen

Goodness gracious! So, is the championship going to be RE-sanctioned by the end of the day, meaning that Williams won't be allowed to play? Was he planning on playing anyway? :doh:

Play begins tomorrow (Thursday), for those of you who were waiting for me to say so.

Edit:
GMC
McBeth
Wysocki
Doss
Geisinger

McBeth
Wysocki
Doss
Sexton

C. Allen
Jenkins
Pierce

Innova/Discmania
1085 McBeth

gamble #4 Catrina Allen 10 points

MPO
McBeth
Wysocki
Sexton
Eagle

FPO
Catrina Allen
Paige Pierce
Hokum

Bonus 1
Innova/Discmania

Bonus 2
1083, McBeth

Bonus 3

Bonus
7 under

Gamble 1
James Conrad dropping, no points...just pride

Gamble 2
Pass

Gamble 3
Hokum, Val Jenkins, Madison Walker, Hannah Leatherman. 15 points

Gamble 4
Catrina Allen- 15 points

Wysocki
McBeth
Ulibarri
Geisinger

Catrina Allen
Paige Pierce
Jenkins

Bonus 1 (2 points) - Predict the sponsor with the most players finishing in the top 10 of MPO.
1) Innova/Discmania

Bonus 2 (3 or 4 points) - What will be the highest round rating shot by the men (2)? Who will shoot it?
1088, SockBeast

Bonus 3 (3 points) - What will be the highest round rating shot by the ladies (3)?

Bonus 4 (2 points) - How many strokes under par will the FPO winner be by the end of the tournament?

Pro Tour Championships Gambles

Gamble 1* Pick an MPO player (ranked 10th or below) whom you think will play well enough in the GMC to jump into the top 8. OR, pick a player whom you think will drop out of the current top 8. Declare how many points you are wagering.
Ulibarri - 10

Gamble 2* - Refer to the udisc and dgpt links below. Pick 5 MPO players to appear in the Finals of the tournament bracket. You may not select Paul McBeth or Ricky Wysocki. You must be correct with 2 out of your 5 selections to be counted "correct". Declare how many points you are wagering.

Gamble 3* - Refer to the udisc and dgpt links below. Pick 4 FPO players to appear in the Finals of the tournament bracket. You may not select Catrina Allen or Paige Pierce. You must be correct with 2 of your 4 selections to be counted "correct".

Gamble 4* - Predict the MPO OR FPO 2016 Pro Tour Champion
Catrina Allen - 20

MPO:

Wysocki
McBeth
Sexton
Geisinger

FPO:

Cat Allen
Paige Pierce
Val Jenkins

Bonus 1: Innova/Discmania
Bonus 2: 1081, Wysocki
Bonus 3: 986
Bonus 4: +3

Gamble 1: Drew Gibson to move into top 8 -10 point wager
Gamble 2: Leiviska, Locastro, Doss, Sexton, Johansen -10 point wager
Gamble 3: Hokum, Andyke, Jenkins, Madison Walker -10 point wager
Gamble 4: FPO Winner: Cat Allen -10 point wager

MPO

Paul McBeth
Richard Wysocki
Nate Doss
Cale Leiviska

FPO

Catrina Allen
Val Jenkins
Paige Pierce

Bonus 1
Option #4-Other

Bonus 2
1060, The other Paul...Ulibarri !

Bonus 3

Bonus 4
6 Under

Gamble 1
Jump in, Paul Ulidarri, 10 points.

Gamble 2
Pass

Gamble 3
Pass

Gamble 4
Richard Wysocki, 10 points

Last edited:
MPO

McBeth
Wysocki
McMahon
Nikko

FPO

Cat Allen
Paige Pierce
Val Jenkins

Bonus 1 - Innova/Discmania

Bonus 2 - 1094 Nikko

Bonus 3 - 1011

Bonus 4 - 9 under

Gamble 1 - Nikko 10 points

Gamble 2 - Nate Doss, Nate Sexton, Nikko Loccastro, Cale Leviska, Michael Johansan 15 points

Gamble 3 - Val Jenkins, Sarah Hokom, Lisa Fajkus, Madison Walker 20 points

Gamble 4 - McBeth - 5 points

O - Pick 4 players, with your predicted winner listed first (2 points for correct winner)
Wysocki
McBeth
Ulibarri
Geisinger

Catrina Allen
Paige Pierce
Jenkins

Bonus 1 (2 points) - Predict the sponsor with the most players finishing in the top 10 of MPO.
1) Innova/Discmania

Bonus 2 (3 or 4 points) - What will be the highest round rating shot by the men (2)? Who will shoot it?
1088, Wysocki

no gambles

O - Pick 4 players, with your predicted winner listed first (2 points for correct winner)
Wysocki
McBeth
Ulibarri
Geisinger

Catrina Allen
Paige Pierce
Jenkins

1) Innova/Discmania

1088, Wysocki

no gambles

I'm afraid this was posted after the first day's round was fully or mostly completed. Please let me know if you'd like to challenge this.

If my calculations are correct, I killed the "gambles" to the tune of 100 points

You are correct, sir (if you happen to identify as female, feel free to call me Marcie). dj went big :clap:, and now maybe the rest of us should all go home :\. Just kidding. Please don't. Only 2 events left.

I'll post totals on the main thread shortly.

Sidewinder took the day in this thread. Nobody else actually chose "Sockbeast," but many chose McBeth or Wysocki, as I intended, but I realize this was unclear. I hope the half point for his selection seems fair.

B1: While James Conrad appears to throw and hashtag Innova all over the place, I couldn't find him on their website. So, Innova or Other would have been awarded points this week.
B2&3: I've been awarding full points if your guess is within 5 of the right answer, and dropping off the points for each time your guess is 5 more away from correct.
B4: Somewhat similarly, if you nailed the under par, you got 2 points. Off by one got 1 point.

Attachments

• GMC.png
    GMC.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts