• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Prediction Contest - Green Mountain

discallday

Birdie Member
MPO - Thought it might be fun to shake things up with just a few tournaments to go - maybe eliminate the consistent top finishers from consideration. Pick four players. The order of your selections is not significant.

Places 1-4 receive no points
5th Place - 7 points
6th Place - 6 points
7th Place - 5 points
8th Place - 4 points
9th Place - 3 points
10th Place - 2 points
11th Place - 2 points
12th Place - 1 point
13th Place - 1 point
14th Place - 1 point

FPO - Pick two players. The order of your selections is not significant.

1st place receives no points
2nd Place - 5 points
3rd Place - 4 points
4th Place - 3 points
5th Place - 2 points
6th Place - 1 point

Bonus 1 - Will McBeth, Wysocki, & Lizotte all finish in the top 5 spots? - 5 points
Bonus 2 - Will Pierce and C. Allen both finish in the top 3 spots? - 3 points

Oh, and I guess it starts tomorrow. So, you may wait until after the first round to post predictions.
Predictions due before Thursday, September 14.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/32553

Leiviska
Doss
McMahon
B. Williams

Jenkins
Hokom

No
No

Leiviska
McBride
Sexton
Ulibarri

Pierce
Hokom

No
No

Nate Sexton
Nate Doss
Paul Ulibarri
Philo Brathwaite

Val Jenkins
Cat Allen

No
Yes

Last edited:
If it's not to late. I will swear my innova calendar at work said this event starts today as in Thursday...??? Oh, well.

MPO

Doss
Ulibarri
Kolling
McBride

FPO

Val Jenkins
Cat Allen

NO
YES

If it's not to late. I will swear my innova calendar at work said this event starts today as in Thursday...??? Oh, well.

This has happened a couple of times this year, where the start date moves by a day from what was announced at the beginning of the year. I'll allow these last two submissions.

Since McBeth is out, I'm thinking about only dropping the top 3 spots, and 4th place gets max points. Nobody picked Paul, so I'm assuming that nobody would be too offended by this; Assuming that it doesn't hurt their score. Thoughts?

Well, it doesn't benefit me (because I didn't pick Leiviska), but I think I will go ahead and drop the top 3 players, instead of the top 4. The intent was to get people to pick players other than McBeth, Wysocki, Lizotte, and (I guess) Sexton. This didn't work quite as planned because the event started a day earlier than I had on the calendar. Oh well. Unexpectedly having the player (arguably) who was the most likely to make the top 4 drop out should likewise shift the number of top spots that aren't counted in this contest. At least I think so.

But I would of course read arguments to the contrary that are submitted soon.

Latest posts