• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Master Cup Santa Cruz, CA

FacePlant won't let me watch wout logging in which I'm loath to do. Summary?

Video of Ricky "practicing" his form on a tee and consistently stepping off the front with his plant foot. Dixon Jowers, behind the camera, suggests that "the internet" says he should just start further back to stay on the tee. He tries it, it works, the end.

Pretty humorous response to the "controversy" if you ask me.

Video of Ricky "practicing" his form on a tee and consistently stepping off the front with his plant foot. Dixon Jowers, behind the camera, suggests that "the internet" says he should just start further back to stay on the tee. He tries it, it works, the end.

Pretty humorous response to the "controversy" if you ask me.

All the best jokes start with a kernel of the truth.

Rick's video is the perfect response to everybody calling out his character over a few uncalled foot faults.

I think that was pretty funny, and the best I've seen him on camera.

If he was sour about it or thought it wasn't a big enough deal to acknowledge or thinks he didn't do it or whatever....then he certainly wouldn't have made that.

Oh wait, wait, I know, Stand and Deliver! You can do it Ricky!

I'm a whole lot less fussed about tee box foot faults than open field and in the shrubbery foot faults. IMO, those gain the thrower a nice chunk of advantage.

Rick's video is the perfect response to everybody calling out his character over a few uncalled foot faults.

No. It completely misses the point. It's not so much the foot faults but the lack of integrity in not self-confirming. It's the grabbing his bag and trying to get down the fairway like he did on the Nikko call. It's his attitude about being caught without having a properly marked disc last year.

I'm not surprised the Lat64 peeps on FB rally around him as well as trying to make it about the footwork itself instead of the integrity issues. But that video only affirmed for me a lack of caring about the real issues here, and a total lack of respect for the rules of disc golf.

#notmyworldchampion :thmbdown:

No. It completely misses the point. It's not so much the foot faults but the lack of integrity in not self-confirming. It's the grabbing his bag and trying to get down the fairway like he did on the Nikko call. It's his attitude about being caught without having a properly marked disc last year.

I'm not surprised the Lat64 peeps on FB rally around him as well as trying to make it about the footwork itself instead of the integrity issues. But that video only affirmed for me a lack of caring about the real issues here, and a total lack of respect for the rules of disc golf.

#notmyworldchampion :thmbdown:

Whole lotta possible misinterpretation to repeatedly damn someone's character. Did he say something about your mother at some point?

And you still have no problem with Paul's admitting to not calling time violations on Nikko as part of gamesmanship. Admitted willfully not making a call but no questions of character.

I think that was pretty funny, and the best I've seen him on camera.

If he was sour about it or thought it wasn't a big enough deal to acknowledge or thinks he didn't do it or whatever....then he certainly wouldn't have made that.

This for sure was the best on camera moment I've seen of Ricky. :clap:

And you still have no problem with Paul's admitting to not calling time violations on Nikko as part of gamesmanship. Admitted willfully not making a call but no questions of character.

No, I don't like that. But three points: 1) as I said earlier in the thread, this is not a Paul v. Ricky thing for me. Is it for you? 2) Paul does call foot faults and other rule violations, on himself as well as others, and 3) Nikko began speeding up his putting after those Paul comments were aired. Cause and effect? Coincidence? You make the call (pun intended).

Bottom line: I've seen enough of Wysocki over the past few years to make the statement I made and to stand by it. I'm not seeing the same attitude out of McBeth or nearly anyone else. YMMV.

Nothing like making light of the official rules of play and your fellow competitors calling you out on violations.

Good look for one of the top pros.

Yeah the Internets really rubbed it in, but that never would have happened had he not gotten called on it by a fellow competitor during play.

That was the entire catalyst for the internet response.

Val should make a video of her crushing some beers while warming up and her caddie comes over and tells her to put it in a hydroflask instead.

Then they can all laugh.

Latest posts