• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Pro Worlds Results by Manufacturer

My belief is it's the specific courses played on and how well the players do with mids/fairways. My guess would be maybe a handful of holes total were thrown with true high speed distance drivers and some of them didn't seem to help much to get more distance anyway.
Last point is most of the guys you mentioned are the top ranked players in the event. There was 4 (Eagle, Simon, Dickerson (12th), and Barry Schultz) who finished outside of the top 10 but were going in the highest 4 ranked players. Uli was 3 points behind Schultz, and the other 2 (Kevin Jones & Barsby) were 1022 and 1020 respectively.

;) Trilogy discs are for girls ;)

Low hanging fruit sexist joke. Booooooo.:thmbdown:

FWIW, it is interesting that DD went 1-2 in FPO, but their top placed MPO sponsored player barely missed the top 20 (Zach Melton). Makes you realize that DD doesn't have that many MPO players. Zach Melton, Risley,McBride, Castro, Clemmons, and Oakley all have good showings from time to time, but they aren't perennial top 15-20 guys. They really do seem to snag people with a cult following more so than top tier MPO players.

Say what you want about the MPO team, they sure are killing it on the women's side.

Westside TP Underworld and Latitude GL Core are 2 of my favorite 4 discs, ever. So any superman that won't throw girls discs, ship them to me.

Also a 150g JK Valk is in top 5, for me. So, yep I throw girls' discs. Lol

Westside TP Underworld and Latitude GL Core are 2 of my favorite 4 discs, ever. So any superman that won't throw girls discs, ship them to me.

Also a 150g JK Valk is in top 5, for me. So, yep I throw girls' discs. Lol

Dude, it's OK, you don't have to apologize for your personal preferences to anyone. ;)

I just watched the 2012 Worlds on Jomez Pro, McBeth's first title, and he was wearing a Double D's shirt in the final round....so, there you go....OR he was just wearing a Dynamic Discs shirt for the heck of it....

When PM won in 2012, Dynamic was just on the verge of selling discs.
They were a website sponsor, not a disc sponsor.
When DD started selling discs under their own DD name (molded by Lat64), Paul dropped the DD sponsorship.

Has a MPO player ever won worlds with 2 different companies? I can't recall this happening.

What has been the top finishes for a MPO player that has switched companies?

I believe that a FPO player has done this. Name this player

Do Master's count, because then yes.

2018 (Mens) Pro Worlds Results by Manufacturer.
While Innova took the top 3, Prodigy is very well represented.
Trilogy did not do so well.
Andrew Fish says he is Discraft sponsored on social media, but not listed on Discraft's website, I assume it needs updating.
I do have my opinions on Trilogy disc design, how the wings are usually hollowed out with relatively more weight in the flight plate.....
Different story on the womens side, Trilogy took first (Paige B.) and second (Paige P.), as well as other slots.

1 Gregg Barsby Innova
2 Paul McBeth Innova
2 Joshua Anthon Innova
4 Paul Ulibarri Prodigy
5 Matthew Orum Prodigy
6 Seppo Paju Prodigy
6 James Conrad Innova
8 Cale Leiviska Prodigy
9 Kevin Jones Mixed/Prodiscus
9 Cameron Colglazier Prodigy
9 Richard Wysocki Trilogy
12 Chris Dickerson Prodigy
12 Andrew Presnell ???
14 Nikko Locastro Mixed
14 Nate Perkins Discmania/Innova
16 Martin Hendel Innova
16 Calvin Heimburg Innova
16 Chris Clemons Trilogy
16 Andrew Fish Discraft
20 Philo Brathwaite Innova

Drew Gibson:
Last year sponsored by Dynamic Discs: @ Worlds = 32th; (@ GMC last year = 27th)
This year sponsored by discs right for his power level (Innova): @ Worlds = 40th

Clearly, Trilogy > Innova. :|

I am surprised both by the amount of Prodigy players doing so well and the huge lack of Discraft pros on the list.

Discraft team page is always way out of date. I get the feeling the company is in a bit of transitory phase right now. I've been throwing Discraft discs for 30 years (27 of those with the Sky-Styler), and hope they can get it together. Time for their young talent to step it up.

Great showing by Prodigy.

Been 4 years and still waiting...

I am surprised both by the amount of Prodigy players doing so well and the huge lack of Discraft pros on the list.

Are there that many Discraft pros? Seriously, I'm not being snarky. I know of a few, but besides the few regulars, I just don't see much of Discraft besides waving banners at most tourney coverage.

I'd be interested to know what the percentage breakdown is by manufacture for all MPO 1000+ rated players.

Are there that many Discraft pros? Seriously, I'm not being snarky. I know of a few, but besides the few regulars, I just don't see much of Discraft besides waving banners at most tourney coverage.

I'd be interested to know what the percentage breakdown is by manufacture for all MPO 1000+ rated players.

I'm having trouble getting all the way to 1000, but for 1010+:

94 total players
34 Innova
13 Latitude 64
10 Prodigy
9 Discraft
9 Dynamic Discs
5 Discmania
3 Prodiscus
2 Legacy
1 DGA
1 MVP
2 Unsponsored (/mixed bag)
5 Unknown

It doesn't help their cause that probably their best is busy launching a brewery (the Doss/Jenkinses) and MJ doesn't travel out as much b/c he abstains from the lawn darts courses on the tour. Tim Barham (spelling?) is pretty good from what I've seen so DC pros do exist...

It doesn't help their cause that probably their best is busy launching a brewery (the Doss/Jenkinses)

It was super weird not having Nate and Val on the scoreboards. Hopefully last year wasn't the last we will ever see of them at worlds.

Unless they bring beer, then I'm sure everyone will love seeing them for new reasons.

It was super weird not having Nate and Val on the scoreboards. Hopefully last year wasn't the last we will ever see of them at worlds.

Unless they bring beer, then I'm sure everyone will love seeing them for new reasons.

Not on the course though. Oh boy, here we go again. ;)

That's really impressive for Prodigy. :thmbup:

2018 (Mens) Pro Worlds Results by Manufacturer.
While Innova took the top 3, Prodigy is very well represented.
Trilogy did not do so well.
Andrew Fish says he is Discraft sponsored on social media, but not listed on Discraft's website, I assume it needs updating.
I do have my opinions on Trilogy disc design, how the wings are usually hollowed out with relatively more weight in the flight plate.....
Different story on the womens side, Trilogy took first (Paige B.) and second (Paige P.), as well as other slots.

1 Gregg Barsby Innova
2 Paul McBeth Innova
2 Joshua Anthon Innova
4 Paul Ulibarri Prodigy
5 Matthew Orum Prodigy
6 Seppo Paju Prodigy
6 James Conrad Innova
8 Cale Leiviska Prodigy
9 Kevin Jones Mixed/Prodiscus
9 Cameron Colglazier Prodigy
9 Richard Wysocki Trilogy
12 Chris Dickerson Prodigy