• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 Discraft Ledgestone Insuance powered by GRIPeq

JohtoVillage

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
LedgestoneX is here! Its crazy that this is the 10th edition of Ledgestone. We are all going all out this year. Here are some pertinent details:

-2020 Course Schedule
-2020 Course Schedule writeup
-2020 Projected Payout
-2020 Event Schedule
-2020 Event Schedule writeup
-2020 LE Disc Schedule writeup
-Announcement of GRIPeq as presenting sponsor

As some of you may have seen from yesterday, we have announced that GRIPeq is the now the presenting sponsor for the event. With that announcement came the announcement of our incredible 2020 players pack valued at over $500:

-GRIPeq Special BX2 Bag
-Grip6 Custom belt
-Special Tournament Shirt from Paragon
-Tube of Zanfel Poison Ivy Product
-KEEN coupon to buy up to two pairs of shoes at 50% off
-Zuca 10% off coupon
-3 Discraft Limited Edition discs
-1 DGA Limited Edition disc
-Discraft microfiber towel
-Discraft hat
-Discraft branded Sportsack
-And more!

Registration will begin 1/1/2020 for people who want to sponsor a hole on the MPO/FPO side. On the AM side registration will also begin 1/1/2020 for anyone who wants to sponsor a hole or for anyone who purchases a special 4-pack of Limited Edition discs. The MPO/FPO side will have a tiered registration process:

Feb 10 6:00 pm CST
MPO 1000+ & FPO 900+ can register
Feb 17 6:00 pm CST
MPO 970+ & FPO 870+ can register
Feb 24 6:00 pm CST
MPO 935+ & FPO 835+ can register
Mar 2 6:00 pm CST
MPO players rated 900+ can register
FPO open registration

The DGPT registration link is here.

Amateur registration opens 2/17/2020 at 6PM CST and Age based professional registration opens on 2/24/2020 at 6PM CST. The AM and Age based professional registration link is here.

If you want to attend the event there will be a fee for spectators and all of that information is located here. This year's VIP pack is $90 and gets you $200 of stuff, including a GRIPeq G series bag, two Limited Edition discs, a shirt, a KEEN coupon to buy up to two pairs of shoes at 50% off and more!

We are also allowing people to purchase a player's pack if they choose to do that and you can do that at this link.

This year's event promises to be our best bet, so don't miss it!

Curious why Westwood (Megiddo) is out. That is easily my favorite course in the area, and I intentionally signed up for Adv Masters one year at Ledgestone just because we got to play that course. I hate, hate, hate Sunset Hills as a course for Rec, and was frankly kind of pissed when my Adv Masters pool was switched to that course after registration the same year I got to play Westwood. McNasty was cool, Eureka Perm was cool even before the announced changes, and Bradley has its charms. Had a chance to play 21 holes at Northwood earlier this year (original 1-3 and the Gold course) and that's a sweet course. To be clear, I think Nate has made this a great tournament and overall I've enjoyed the times I've been able to play. Just an honest question and some (hopefully) constructive feedback.

Curious why Westwood (Megiddo) is out.

Westwood is a phenomenal course and one of my favorites in the area. The main issue with Westwood is just the terrain: in the event of a heavy rain the course becomes essentially unplayable. Case in point, at Ledgestone 2019 we had to go to 16 holes on Saturday and 14 holes on Sunday because some of the walking paths from the tee to the basket area weren't usable. Certainly moving the tournament back to August will help (less rain in August), but its still a risk we didn't want to take. In the future we will look to try to get some more steps installed on a few holes to make things easier.

As some of you may have seen from yesterday, we have announced that GRIPeq is the now the presenting sponsor for the event. With that announcement came the announcement of our incredible 2020 players pack valued at over $500:

-GRIPeq Special BX2 Bag
-Grip6 Custom belt
-Special Tournament Shirt from Paragon
-Tube of Zanfel Poison Ivy Product
-KEEN coupon to buy up to two pairs of shoes at 50% off
-Zuca 10% off coupon
-3 Discraft Limited Edition discs
-1 DGA Limited Edition disc
-Discraft microfiber towel
-Discraft hat
-Discraft branded Sportsack
-And more!

Price for the player pack is $180.00. Taking out the non physical products (coupons, etc), this seems like a decent deal. Especially if the bag is identical to this one?

https://grip-eq.com/product/bx2/

Yup that is the bag people will be receiving! There will also be something special about the bag that we will release later :)

The main issue with Westwood is just the terrain: in the event of a heavy rain the course becomes essentially unplayable.

I thought that may have been at least part of the reason. The year I played there in Adv Masters, it had rained a fair amount the day/night before, and the course was pretty slick. That was actually to my advantage as it seemed to affect others more than me so I ended up with one of my highest rated rounds ever. Anyway, it's understandable not wanting to take that risk. That would be great if some improvements continued to be made to the course to minimize that risk. It is such a fun course to play. Thanks for the response, and good luck.

Westwood is a phenomenal course and one of my favorites in the area. The main issue with Westwood is just the terrain: in the event of a heavy rain the course becomes essentially unplayable. Case in point, at Ledgestone 2019 we had to go to 16 holes on Saturday and 14 holes on Sunday because some of the walking paths from the tee to the basket area weren't usable. Certainly moving the tournament back to August will help (less rain in August), but its still a risk we didn't want to take. In the future we will look to try to get some more steps installed on a few holes to make things easier.

I figured the terrain and viewing/filming restrictions would hold Megiddo back. But man is that an AMAZING course. Hopefully in the future we'll get to see more of it. I was surprised by this course (In the best possible way). I decided to play Eureka permanent the day after World's last summer, which was excellent. I then planned on playing Bradley but there was an art fair that made some of the course unplayable. So I figured we might as well play Northwood since it's so close. Again, Awesome course that kicked me and the wife's a**. We finished that and I thought, well, we have enough time to play another one. How about Megiddo? It's not too far away. MY GOD! That course is fantastic. It was my favorite in the area, BY FAR. I will say don't play Eureka, Northwood and Megiddo in the same day though unless you're a Navy seal or something. I was beyond tired afterwards, in the best way possible :hfive: That course is so underrated though IMO. :thmbup:

Westwood is really a great course and is very enjoyable. There are just two little stretches that become a little challenging with a lot of rain, but I am hopeful we can address that in the next few years. The expansion at Eureka and the new course at Kennel Lake are occupying our time right now!

Westwood is really a great course and is very enjoyable. There are just two little stretches that become a little challenging with a lot of rain, but I am hopeful we can address that in the next few years. The expansion at Eureka and the new course at Kennel Lake are occupying our time right now!

What kind of expansion are they doing at Eureka?

Any plans to bring Wildlife in to the mix eventually?

What kind of expansion are they doing at Eureka?

Here is all of the information on the Eureka expansion. Its a massive project and we just finished marking trees for cutting: https://lisopen.com/articles/lake-eureka-permanent-2020

Any plans to bring Wildlife in to the mix eventually?

In the back of my mind I hope to use Wildlife for 2021 Masters/Junior Worlds. The course has undergone some significant improvements and it was in great shape this year, but there are still two holes that are nearly unwalkable in bad rain. If both of those holes had Westwood/Megiddo type stairs we would be okay, but so far we haven't been successful in pushing that to fruition. I am schedule to talk with the new Director soon and that's the point I will make.

To me Wildlife is a combination of Northwoods and Meddigo,

Wildlife is insane (in a good way). Its an amazing course that most people don't even know exists here.

I feel the same about Wildlife Prairie. First time I played it I couldn't believe that it wasn't going to be used for Worlds.

Peoria has SO MANY great courses now.

Wildlife is definitely awesome but it is tough in any kind of decent rain. A couple of the hills are really challenging to traverse and it makes the walk semi-dangerous. There's been some progress in the last year to make things better and I am hopeful we can get another set of steps to really make it something we can use even if there is potential for bad weather.

Well now I REALLY wish i would've played it when I was down there in August. :wall:

Played it, I believe two years ago, pulling
my Ridge Roller. It was a workout, to put it mildly. One of the mountain bike riders was out working on some of the switchback trails and told that their club was helping with the DG Course.

Just some educated guesses on the main problem areas at Megiddo and Wildlife. I only walked Wildlife once a few years ago when it was first used for Ledgestone, so it may have changed. My pool was supposed to play it but got moved to Sunset when Wildlife wasn't quite ready for everyone. I've played Megiddo multiple times, including a couple of months ago.

Megiddo:
#11 green, approach and leaving towards path to #12
#14 ... pretty much the whole thing
#1-4 all have their issues depending on where you end up, and #4 is especially treacherous if you get off the stairs on steep approach to green

Wildlife:
#6, steep downhill short par 3, with switchbacks
#7, sidehill?
#9, are there steps all the way up to green?
#16, which wasn't used for Ledgestone that year

Played it, I believe two years ago, pulling
my Ridge Roller. It was a workout, to put it mildly. One of the mountain bike riders was out working on some of the switchback trails and told that their club was helping with the DG Course.

I was planning on playing it on my way to Davenport a few days after worlds (Monday I think it was) but it was storming when we left so I had to skip it. Me and the wife played Meggido the Sunday after world's with both of our Zuca carts. That was one of the most strenuous days of golf I've had in awhile. I remember carrying both of our carts up the steps towards the end of the course. Man was I pooped. It was such an awesome course though. I'll have to make another trip down that way sometime. Amazing disc golf down there. :thmbup:

I was planning on playing it on my way to Davenport a few days after worlds (Monday I think it was) but it was storming when we left so I had to skip it. Me and the wife played Meggido the Sunday after world's with both of our Zuca carts. That was one of the most strenuous days of golf I've had in awhile. I remember carrying both of our carts up the steps towards the end of the course. Man was I pooped. It was such an awesome course though. I'll have to make another trip down that way sometime. Amazing disc golf down there. :thmbup:

Wilderness was "not" cart friendly when I played it. It may become friendlier with more play, but I doubt it (think bigger hills then Meddigo) will be anytime soon. Steps are nice, but not for carts.

Latest posts